• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Summerslam 2016 |OT| The Flo Rida Concert Is Canceled

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the fuck, you're really asking for chair shots to the head?

HHH delivered a chair head shot to Daniel Bryan back in..2014? It was protected as Bryan was slumped over the corner of the ring next to the post and HHH gave him a "conchairto" with the chair and the ring post.

It's not unprecedented in the PG era. There's ways to do a "head shot" without it being a true, unprotected head shot.

Tall4Life

I mean, both Shane and Lesnar beat the Undertaker at Wrestlemania, so it only makes sense for them to fight each other.

Also, if the ending to Lesnar/Orton was indeed a work, can we just agree that it was a fucking stupid idea?

Pikma

Banned
I mean, both Shane and Lesnar beat the Undertaker at Wrestlemania, so it only makes sense for them to fight each other.

Also, if the ending to Lesnar/Orton was indeed a work, can we just agree that it was a fucking stupid idea?
What, Shane didn't beat him

Why? It reestablished Lesnar as on another plane of viciousness and brutality, which is exactly where he needs to be. The dude is the modern Andre.

If we're going with real Brock then he should cower the first time he gets punched in the face

If we are going with real then Brock should actually start doing mat wrestling because he's an NCAA wrestling champion and that was always his strength in the UFC but being a convincingly realistic mat wrestler is way harder than throwing around german suplexes and then exchanging finishers.

Alienous

Sheesh, that's TNA level shit.

dPzM4kt.gif

Ahahaha.

Tall4Life

Why? It reestablished Lesnar as on another plane of viciousness and brutality, which is exactly where he needs to be. The dude is the modern Andre.

They didnt need to absolutely kill the momentum of the match. Orton looked like any other geek who has fought Lesnar before. Didn't even get an F5 into an RKO. It was a dream match that is now ruined.

What, Shane didn't beat him
Ummmm yes he did, Shane got control of Monday Night Raw after he beat Undertaker at Wrestlemania. Did you even watch Wrestlemania?

Foggy

If we are going with real then Brock should actually start doing mat wrestling because he's an NCAA wrestling champion and that was always his strength in the UFC but being a convincingly realistic mat wrestler is way harder than throwing around german suplexes and then exchanging finishers.

At this point, it'd be infinitely more interesting to watch than what he's currently doing. I suppose it's just a matter of taste, but his matches bore me to tears. The mystique vanished when he breakdanced with Cain Velasquez and the "suplex city" shit was fresh the first time he did it to Cena. Now, it's boring because it's not exciting and it's lame because what they're trying to do is transparent.

At this point, it'd be infinitely more interesting to watch than what he's currently doing. I suppose it's just a matter of taste, but his matches bore me to tears. The mystique vanished when he breakdanced with Cain Velasquez and the "suplex city" shit was fresh the first time he did it to Cena. Now, it's boring because it's not exciting and it's lame because what they're trying to do is transparent.

He did it during his first run. It's hard to believe sometimes but this is the same dude who used to have iron man matches with Kurt Angle. He's capable of a hell of a lot more.

They didnt need to absolutely kill the momentum of the match. Orton looked like any other geek who has fought Lesnar before. Didn't even get an F5 into an RKO. It was a dream match that is now ruined.

Ummmm yes he did, Shane got control of Monday Night Raw after he beat Undertaker at Wrestlemania. Did you even watch Wrestlemania?
Randy is another geek to Bork, why would he fare any better than Cena or Reigns.

Lothars

He did it during his first run. It's hard to believe sometimes but this is the same dude who used to have iron man matches with Kurt Angle. He's capable of a hell of a lot more.
He was amazing in his first run, I wish we could see more of that Brock. I still think he's been beyond terrible in his last couple runs. I can't stand him

orioto

Good Art™
That was a weird ppv... WWE is confused right now..

Ambrose and Balor are weak champs who can't wake up a crowd at all and they'll realize it pretty soon.

But maybe they knew it when you see the 2 title matches were nothing important in the ppv, before the Reigns and the Lesnar match in the card... I mean i get it for Ambrose/Ziggler, but even the Rollins/Balor match felt like it was nothing.. It should have been the main event if they wanted to put weight on that new belt at least.

Even the AJ/Cena felt way more like a main event.

I'm not sure where they are going with Lesnar. Would have been badass that he takes Shane hostage and demands a match for the title against Ambrose :p Would have felt like he owned the WWE completly and made for a super strong champ on SD. (Ha but he's in RAW right ? shit..)

The entire response to Brock/Orton is loooooooool. Everyone getting worked by the best worker on the main roster. Do I wish he was still tapping into his first run moveset a bit more? Absolutely. But his return run of squashing nearly everyone and breaking all the WWE's rules brings some much needed variety to a company that feel homogeneous across the board in terms of match pacing and wrestling styles. Him killing Orton and Shane last night was A+.

Tall4Life

Jeez guys, I was making a joke about how even though Shane lost at WM, he still got to control MNR for a while and that ending was basically non-canon. Come on now

daniels-advice-6.gif

dream

The entire response to Brock/Orton is loooooooool. Everyone getting worked by the best worker on the main roster. Do I wish he was still tapping into his first run moveset a bit more? Absolutely. But his return run of squashing nearly everyone and breaking all the WWE's rules brings some much needed variety to a company that feel homogeneous across the board in terms of match pacing and wrestling styles. Him killing Orton and Shane last night was A+.

Did you see the latest Obs update? Even Jericho got worked to the point where he tried to fight Brock.

People also thinking Orton was sandbagging Lesnar on the germans. Lulz.

High profile match + high profile superstar with long history of shoulder injuries + one of the safest workers in the ring = sandbagging, not Lesnar working safe. Lulz.

Mahonay

Banned
Did you see the latest Obs update? Even Jericho got worked to the point where he tried to fight Brock.
I mean, putting a huge gash in Orton's head is pretty excessive for worked entertainment.

Jericho and Orton are very good friends. Seeing his friend get physically maimed in the ring probably was too much for him. I understand it. He was livid and Michael Hayes' dumb ass wouldn't tell Jericho if it was worked or not which sent him into the altercation with Brock.

UberTag

I'd gladly grab the network for a month to watch Shane let Brock murder him for the sake of our entertainment.
I have little interest in watching Brock wail on a prone Shane. I'm tired of Shane victimizing himself for our amusement.

I have a great deal of interest in watching Brock fight Jericho in a lumberjack match with the entire locker room at ringside. Especially when Brock gets thrown out of the ring and gets himself a full helping of a Sin Cara beatdown.

(Not the first time, though. The first time Brock gets thrown out he should goon Braun Strowman some more.)

JeriKO gonna rain down on Brock's ass in a 2 on 1 unsanctioned match
That's an even better idea. Make it a handicap match... Brock vs. Jeri-KO. I still want lumberjack rules, though.
Give Lesnar the win and then have Samoa Joe lay him out after a surprise run-in.

sora87

Joe can be dressed as a camera guy and after the match he gets in the ring, takes off his hat and jacket and chokes Lesnar out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom