• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Summerslam 2016 |OT| The Flo Rida Concert Is Canceled

Status
Not open for further replies.

FDC1

Mick Foley
@RealMickFoley

Due to his injury, @StephMcMahon and I jointly accept @FinnBalor relinquishing of the @WWE Universal Championship. #Raw

Trojan X

Banned
My feeble smark brain cannot handle this

https://streamable.com/v7j2

Oh my god. That was a legit argument right there and when Daniel walked off set, The Miz tried to reform back to his character. VERY VERY uncomfortable to watch but The Miz had a massive point about safety and it was incredibly rude and unprofessional for Daniel to say what he said despite the truth behind and points behind his words. Oh boy... That was painful to watch. I hope they both reconsile and work together because they are both great guys and the miz is awesome when set with the right guy as proven with his bout with AJ Styles. I hate this.. painful.

Trojan X

Banned
I mean, both Shane and Lesnar beat the Undertaker at Wrestlemania, so it only makes sense for them to fight each other.

Also, if the ending to Lesnar/Orton was indeed a work, can we just agree that it was a fucking stupid idea?

Frankly, i liked the idea but it obviously didn't go as planned.

Vince confirmed it was a work.

Oh my god. That was a legit argument right there and when Daniel walked off set, The Miz tried to reform back to his character. VERY VERY uncomfortable to watch but The Miz had a massive point about safety and it was incredibly rude and unprofessional for Daniel to say what he said despite the truth behind and points behind his words. Oh boy... That was painful to watch. I hope they both reconsile and work together because they are both great guys and the miz is awesome when set with the right guy as proven with his bout with AJ Styles. I hate this.. painful.

When did The Miz's gimmick switch to being 'The Ultimate Douchebag'?

That was practically a shoot. He's breaking kayfabe with Daniel Bryan's broken career dreams.

If you watch all of Smacktalk, it's more obvious that it seems to be a worked shoot, since they sort of break and bend kayfabe before the Miz comes on.

Still, that was the most impassioned Miz I've ever seen and his words definitely do have some truth to them, as do Bryan's.

Trojan X

Banned
If you watch all of Smacktalk, it's more obvious that it seems to be a worked shoot, since they sort of break and bend kayfabe before the Miz comes on.

Still, that was the most impassioned Miz I've ever seen and his words definitely do have some truth to them, as do Bryan's.

Indeed indeed. I really did felt The Miz pain in this one for it's obvious that he was offended. All that created the best thing I have ever seen from him. Incredible.

Talking Smack is frigging awesome! I seriously love that show next to the Stone Cold Podcast, CWC and NXT. Ignoring Superstars and Main Event, RAW is actually the worse show they deliver. Danial Bryan and co are doing brilliantly, the only thing they need to do now is to adjust the presentation on Smackdown to give it that "big fight" feel like on CWC.

jwhit28

I'm not understanding Daniel's point there. Is he saying that WWE has evolved beyond the Ric Flair sort of character that crawls away on his knees and hugs the waist of his partner, pleads with the opponent, and hides behind the rules, while trying to break them when they can get away with it? We aren't that far from Seth's championship run. Is he saying that Miz in ring performance is boring because his matches don't include turnbuckle powerbombs, well how many times in the last 2 years have we seen titles forfeited because of injury?

I'm not understanding Daniel's point there. Is he saying that WWE has evolved beyond the Ric Flair sort of character that crawls away on his knees and hugs the waist of his partner, pleads with the opponent, and hides behind the rules, while trying to break them when they can get away with it? We aren't that far from Seth's championship run. Is he saying that Miz in ring performance is boring because his matches don't include turnbuckle powerbombs, well how many times in the last 2 years have we seen titles forfeited because of injury?

The Miz has probably the most generic, boring wrestling style in the company. When was the last time anyone watched a Miz match and went even at bare minimum, "Oh shit!" at something he did.

But, that style has allowed him to work injury free, like he said, for 10+ years.

Aiii

So not worth it
The Miz has probably the most generic, boring wrestling style in the company. When was the last time anyone watched a Miz match and went even at bare minimum, "Oh shit!" at something he did.

But, that style has allowed him to work injury free, like he said, for 10+ years.

Yet Neville and Sami had matches this week with a whole bunch of flashy ass moves and what is everyone talking about after Raw and Smackdown?

The Miz.

Yet Neville and Sami had matches this week with a whole bunch of flashy ass moves and what is everyone talking about after Raw and Smackdown?

The Miz.

Vince likes guys who can be counted on to work 200+ days a year, not vanilla flippy midgets who have one match every 6 months.

Trojan X

Banned
Seriously. The Miz's promo moved me. His passion showed far and beyond he ever revealed it. Seriously looking forward to see what he will deliver/do now that he did all that. Something going to have to give and he going to have to change.

I was surprised Shawn Michaels lasted so long. Those high risks maneuvers can shorten a career.

Seth Rollins needs to stay on the ground. Except bring back the curb stomp.

Holy shit, just finished watching it. Wasn't a bad PPV, but I skipped things that felt boring (like 3 matches anyway)

Lesnar killed Orton lol I heard about that thing of Jericho entering in an argument with Lesnar, did that really happened ?

Sad for Balor, was really amazed with him winning already.

AJ vs Cena MOTN by far. I was shocked with AJ getting out of that super AA and winning, just WOW. Even with Cena winning was the MOTN, but even better with AJ as the winner.

Holy shit, just finished watching it. Wasn't a bad PPV, but I skipped things that felt boring (like 3 matches anyway)

Lesnar killed Orton lol I heard about that thing of Jericho entering in an argument with Lesnar, did that really happened ?

AJ vs Cena MOTN by far. I was shocked with AJ getting out of that super AA and winning, just WOW. Even with Cena winning was the MOTN, but even better with AJ as the winner.

Yes. Jericho confronted Brock in the back according to reports and the two had to be separated.

Hasney

The ending of the Randy Orton vs. Brock Lesnar SummerSlam match, which went pretty much as planned, led to a verbal and somewhat physical confrontation between Lesnar and Chris Jericho last night.

According to multiple sources, Jericho came to the gorilla position just as the match ended, apparently to see if Orton was okay and to find out what exactly happened. He asked Michael Hayes what the finish was or if that was the finish. Hayes wouldn't answer him at which point Jericho said, "That's bullsh*t."

Jericho said that just as Lesnar came back from the ring. Lesnar thought he was talking about his match, and called Jericho a pussy according to one version, or "shut up" according to another, and to mind his own business. The two got face-to-face and started exchanging words, with one version saying they were shouting at each other the whole time.

Lesnar pushed Jericho with his fingers, and Jericho did what was described as the "Rousey-Tate" foreheed press. One version also had Jericho shoving Lesnar to the wall at one point.

They got tangled up against the wall and Lesnar told Jericho to punch him or kiss him. Paul "HHH" Levesque jumped in quickly and broke it up. It was heated enough that they went back at it at which time Vince McMahon broke it up. Jericho started yelling about Lesnar and McMahon told Jericho that it was all a work and to be professional.

Levesque reportedly told McMahon that Lesnar started it, and Jericho was just standing up for himself but there were more words exchanged.

Jericho saw Orton and got mad, which everyone noted was because he was concerned with Orton's health and safety. Orton reportedly assured him that he knew the way everything was coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom