• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Summerslam 2016 |OT| The Flo Rida Concert Is Canceled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rellik

Lol @ Lesnar working half the ppl in this thread. C'mon now

It seems Brock Lesnar is the only guy in the business in 2016 who makes people think it's real. You should see Twitter with #FireBrockLesnar because he's apparently unsafe, roid raged on Randy and kicked his ass for his steroid comments. There are people who genuinely believe what Brock did was real. And some seem to be in this thread.

No one is saying or thinking that when some goofy Demon dude is crawling to the ring with his red Fisher Price belt.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Probably from this move rather than that small package driver

8o3NDOF.gif

Yup, I thought he fucked his arm right away on that one with the way it hit the wall.

/r/squaredcircle is an embarrassment as always after the Orton/Lesnar match. EDIT: apparently people in this thread too. yeesh.

The place nearly imploded with how many smarks got worked by that finish.

People calling Lesnar unsafe and going into business for himself, HILARIOUS. People also theorized Shane coming out was offscript and on the fly........you'd think for as long as some of them to have claimed to have watched wrestling for, they wouldn't get worked so easy.

Did Orton get color the hard way? Was it a BIG ASS GASH? Yes. Was it planned? Absolutely.

If Lesnar really went into business for himself, you really think Orton would just let him continually beat him down over and over after the elbows? Also, those punches were very clearly working punches that Brock was delivering when the officials were pleading with him to stop.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
The Womens Division has to keep trying to raise the bar, botches happen and hopefully nobody gets hurt, but Im not against the idea of taking risks, this is how well see progress.

I mean, its a dangerous job and for the most part its performed so well that we (the audience) just plain forget what the risks are.

Anth0ny

It seems Brock Lesnar is the only guy in the business in 2016 who makes people think it's real. You should see Twitter with #FireBrockLesnar because he's apparently unsafe, roid raged on Randy and kicked his ass for his steroid comments. There are people who genuinely believe what Brock did was real. And some seem to be in this thread.

No one is saying or thinking that when some goofy Demon dude is crawling to the ring with his red Fisher Price belt.

Brock certainly has an aura to him that no one else has... but if anyone else started throwing stiff elbows and cut someone open hardway to end the match, I'm sure we'd be hearing the same comments.

WWE in 2016 doesn't do worked blood, let alone shoot blood. They try their best to avoid tough blows to the head. this finish had both.

I thought Charlotte was supposed to be going for a sideslam off the top rope but couldn't quite get the momentum to jump back while still gripping Sasha.

In any event though, yeeesh, whatta botch.

Apdiddy

/r/squaredcircle is an embarrassment as always after the Orton/Lesnar match. EDIT: apparently people in this thread too. yeesh.

People calling Lesnar unsafe and going into business for himself, HILARIOUS. People also theorized Shane coming out was offscript and on the fly........you'd think for as long as some of them to have claimed to have watched wrestling for, they wouldn't get worked so easy.

Did Orton get color the hard way? Was it a BIG ASS GASH? Yes. Was it planned? Absolutely.

If Lesnar really went into business for himself, you really think Orton would just let him continually beat him down over and over after the elbows? Also, those punches were very clearly working punches that Brock was delivering when the officials were pleading with him to stop.

Orton acted as if he were knocked out after those elbows so he wasn't able to communicate anything. What would Orton have done to make you think he wouldn't allow it?

Even if Brock was using worked punches, Orton couldn't fight back or 'not let Brock continually beat him down' at that point.

I think what happened was supposed to be a work, but Lesnar's part was him going into business for himself until he realized that Orton really was knocked out.

I think it's fun when people who try to be 'smart' all the time get worked every now and then.

RK9039

And that's why Lesnar is best for business. Just look at the comments on the main WWE website about Orton, LOL.

Anyway highlight of the show for me was Styles vs Cena, damn that was good.

DJChuy

Now that ADR, Cena and Orton are out for the moment, it's time for my boy AJ to get the title. Slater too. Hell anybody as long as it isn't Ambrose anymore.

I know last night was work, that was obvious, but I thought current Brock has been said to be really stiff since his return? I know he broke Cena's nose on accident, and weren't there several noticeable blotches in the Undertaker matches? I could be wrong, though, or read things that were wrong. If he's working properly, then what I said would be retracted.

I believe that was Rollins that broke Cena's nose.

I never saw any of the rematches, but the Undertaker did receive a concussion at WrestleMania 30 in the match against Brock. That was more a freak accident IMO and Taker came into that match in awful shape. I'm fairly certain the rematches went off without a hitch.

UberTag

I mean, honestly, what needs to happen is that someone needs to have a real stiff match with Lesnar, give him a good working over, to send a message to him that he needs to work right. Of course, that's probably not going to happen, since Lesnar is a legit beast outside the ring and a lot of people are probably afraid that he'll retaliate for real backstage, and I'm sure there's fear there will be some kind of political blowback since Vince seems obsessed with making Brock this unstoppable bullshit force or whatever.
There is only one man on the WWE roster right now that could probably take on Brock in a stiff fight and be a viable combatant for him...

punchy6.gif
1l1Lqcu.gif

No, I'm kidding... I really mean this guy...

hunico5_crop_north.png

Orton acted as if he were knocked out after those elbows so he wasn't able to communicate anything. What would Orton have done to make you think he wouldn't allow it?

Even if Brock was using worked punches, Orton couldn't fight back or 'not let Brock continually beat him down' at that point.

I think what happened was supposed to be a work, but Lesnar's part was him going into business for himself until he realized that Orton really was knocked out.

"The match will end with Brock elbowing you in the fucking head for real until you're busted open real good, then we stop the match. You okay with that Randy?"

"Yeah."

Sigh.

I'll leave this here:
DaveMeltzer said:
"Obviously the idea was to get hardway blood. The elbow was designed to cut him open, and I don't know how badly [Orton] was hurt. Obviously he was selling and they were trying to work the idea that he was knocked out and they had to stop the match, and from what I can gather due to no one talking about anything going awry, that was probably close to what was supposed to happen, if not exactly what was supposed to happen... there was no doubt that [Lesnar] was looking to open him up."

If you think Orton was LEGIT hurt, you REALLY think the officials would not absolutely do what they can to protect a superstar like that? They would just let Brock go back continually and "punch" the gash? You can hate or love Brock, but he's a fucking PROFESSIONAL in the ring and is one of the SAFEST workers in the company. He would never do anything that would TRULY endanger the health or safety of a coworker.

Believe what you want to believe.

You can argue whether or not delivered he too harsh of an elbow, but there is no good way to elbow someone legit for color and not have the gash be nasty. The finish was the planned finish.

I heard some people on the radio acting like Brock went off script and tried to actually hurt Randy. People are getting worked left and right on this one.

Anth0ny

Sigh.

I'll leave this here:

If you think Orton was LEGIT hurt, you REALLY think the officials would not absolutely do what they can to protect a superstar like that? They would just let Brock go back continually and "punch" the gash? You can hate or love Brock, but he's a fucking PROFESSIONAL in the ring and is one of the SAFEST workers in the company. He would never do anything that would TRULY endanger the health or safety of a coworker.

You can argue whether or not delivered he too harsh of an elbow, but there is no good way to elbow someone legit for color and not have the gash be nasty. The finish was the planned finish.

well if it is a work then it's carny as fuck and goes against a bunch of stuff new wwe stands for

either way it's hilarious and i'm entertained

Cagey

Banned
I heard some people on the radio acting like Brock went off script and tried to actually hurt Randy. People are getting worked left and right on this one.
A discussion of the WWE meta-story exposes the mark in every smark without fail.

Best to embrace the truth and enjoy the show that way.

Sigh.

I'll leave this here:

Meltzer also said it was unsafe and hypocritical to have a MMA star bashing a guy with a history of concussions in the head

UberTag

well if it is a work then it's carny as fuck and goes against a bunch of stuff new wwe stands for

either way it's hilarious and i'm entertained
Look at you pretending the WWE isn't carny all the time or hypocritical about their policies.
I mean, a bunch of guys are going to get popped tomorrow for Adderall while you have part-timers on steroids not getting popped because of a testing loophole.
We shouldn't be taking any of this nonsense seriously.

I believe that was Rollins that broke Cena's nose.

No, I'm talking about the first match in current Brock run at Extreme Rules 2012 or 2013? It's been awhile. That was his official return match for me, though I know he disappeared for a long while after that. Pretty sure he broke Cena's nose there, although I could be misremembering? It's been awhile

I never saw any of the rematches, but the Undertaker did receive a concussion at WrestleMania 30 in the match against Brock. That was more a freak accident IMO and Taker came into that match in awful shape. I'm fairly certain the rematches went off without a hitch.

Okay, well, I may be mistaken. I seem to recall hearing a lot about stiff current Brock is, and his work certainly looks stiff compared to what it once did, but that may be purely by design

Anth0ny

1960 - "Fuckin hell, telling a man to hit you in the head for real and draw blood is BARBARIC. We'd get the same effect with a tiny blade and a well placed cut on the forehead."

2016 - "Fuckin hell, mutilating yourself with a blade to draw blood is BARBARIC. We'd get the same effect if the opponent just safely elbows you in the head and cuts you open hardway."

No, I'm talking about the first match in current Brock run at Extreme Rules 2012 or 2013? It's been awhile. That was his official return match for me, though I know he disappeared for a long while after that. Pretty sure he broke Cena's nose there, although I could be misremembering? It's been awhile

Okay, well, I may be mistaken. I seem to recall hearing a lot about stiff current Brock is, and his work certainly looks stiff compared to what it once did, but that may be purely by design

It was worked/shoot injury. It wasn't his nose. I believe Cena had some nagging injuries and needed time off.

Imagine if Bryan was with Shane when he took the F5 and a stare down between Bryan and Lesnar happened. The crowd would've went MENTAL. I know I would have.

Definitely was a work but Orton got busted up more than they wanted, I think. Heat of the moment, just gotta go with it. If it was a shoot, Lesnar wouldn't have F5'd Shane, he would have straight rocked him in the head too.

Anth0ny

Imagine if Bryan was with Shane when he took the F5 and a stare down between Bryan and Lesnar happened. The crowd would've went MENTAL. I know I would have.

I actually thought Bryan was going to come out and confront him after Shane got bodied

Would have been the loudest reaction of the night, even though we all know they can't even make contact, let alone work a match :(

Indelible

fuckin insane, i have no idea why she would just drop her. Banks wasn't expecting that shit from what I can see.

botchcity.gif

Jesus Christ, I heard there were some botches in the match but that is just disgusting. I would expect this from a rookie, not from women in a championship match.

creatchee

Sigh.

I'll leave this here:

The ending was a clusterfuck. Nobody knew what to do. Blood in and of itself is no reason to end a match, and Randy's injury, while ugly as hell, was quite clearly in need of treatment. There are medical guidelines that doctors must obey in sports, and I can guarantee you that when somebody has that big of a gash, they simply will not be okayed to continue i.e. WRESTLE. Brock certainly could jump on him a couple of times and flail at his arms, but Randy standing up and doing moves was out of the question at that point. This is the point where I think that shit happened on the fly. Watch the tape - the referee never calls for the bell. That was likely radioed from the back, either from Vince or Trips, who were in the ears of every official in and around that ring. Seriously - that ring was damn near the bastard child of a deer in the headlights and a headless chicken for several minutes until the bell was called for.

Now Shane coming out and getting F5ed was likely the plan from the get-go, but even that was questionable. It's just as believable that Vince said/yelled "DAMN IT, WE HAVE NO ENDING NOW! Shane - go eat an F5" when faced with the chaos and lack of a satisfactory closing that his second biggest show of the year had devolved into.

I'm not saying Randy wasn't supposed to bleed and I'm not saying that Shane wasn't supposed to be F5ed, but I am saying that what actually ended up happening wasn't HOW it was supposed to happen.

The ending was a clusterfuck. Nobody knew what to do. Blood in and of itself is no reason to end a match, and Randy's injury, while ugly as hell, was quite clearly in need of treatment. There are medical guidelines that doctors must obey in sports, and I can guarantee you that when somebody has that big of a gash, they simply will not be okayed to continue i.e. WRESTLE. Brock certainly could jump on him a couple of times and flail at his arms, but Randy standing up and doing moves was out of the question at that point. This is the point where I think that shit happened on the fly. Watch the tape - the referee never calls for the bell. That was likely radioed from the back, either from Vince or Trips, who were in the ears of every official in and around that ring. Seriously - that ring was damn near the bastard child of a deer in the headlights and a headless chicken for several minutes until the bell was called for.

Now Shane coming out and getting F5ed was likely the plan from the get-go, but even that was questionable. It's just as believable that Vince said/yelled "DAMN IT, WE HAVE NO ENDING NOW! Shane - go eat an F5" when faced with the chaos and lack of a satisfactory closing that his second biggest show of the year had devolved into.

I'm not saying Randy want supposed to bleed and I'm not saying that Shane wasn't supposed to be F5ed, but I am saying that what actually ended up happening wasn't HOW it was supposed to happen.

lmao

giphy.gif

3Sixty

Sasha ain't making it another year without getting decapitated in the ring.

I was bare confused why brock was main event but now we know.

Also ugly belt it ugly

So cool. Such edgelord.

DJ Khaled is far from edgy. He's quite jolly and inspirational.

Believe what you want to believe. If you think it's a shoot, it's a shoot, brother.

To me? It has all the makings of a phenomenal work. Again, there have been absolutely zero, ZERO rumblings about any kind of backstage heat for Brock. Whether or not it was a good finish is a separate issue. IMO it's a shit finish for such a hyped up main event, one that fans have fantasy booked for literally 10+ years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom