• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Summerslam 2016 |OT| The Flo Rida Concert Is Canceled

Status
Not open for further replies.

klonere

Banned
So the latest newz is that Sasha actually lost because she needed some time off because of nagging injuries. So she was already injured and then went out and had that match?

Vince is probably right that she's going to end up like Daniel Bryan.

The other idea being floated is she just got married and is going on her honeymoon.

CqceGr3VIAEgkoN.jpg:large

Is that the hospital?

Paracelsus

Universal Championship design inspired by Lord Zedd:

That shit gave me nightmares as a kid, the exposed brain. Krang did not because it was cartoon.

And the belt looks like ass because when think of the universe you think of many colors but red is not one of them.

wwe-belts-10cuuxb.jpg

Here, your new universal belt. Change it now.

MisterR

Honestly, the only one in Shield that can't work is Ambrose.

He's pure shit and the fact that he's over and Reigns gets constantly shit on is amazing. Shit booking or not, Reigns has had a ton of good to great matches over the last couple years while Ambrose is embarrassing.

Great PPV. Seems like the company is going in a good direction. Only thing off was the strange match order on the card. Why was the US title match after both title matches? Just seemed a bit disjointed. Can understand Brock being the main or even AJ/Cena the co. Still a great card.

Some notes

Odd that Sasha didn't retain. She needs to calm down on the spots. Legit feared for her a few times.

AJ/Cena was amazing. Couldn't believe AJ went over so clean like that.

Happy for Balor. He's gonna be huge.

Universal Belt is ugly as shit. What the fuck were they thinking? Who gives these people feedback when creating these ugly ass titles?

YesManKablaam

Neo Member
I think Seth makes that running powerbomb as safe as he can. Looking at that in gif form, he's even got his head out slightly to the side so he can see exactly where he'll be planting Balor, and does a very good job of ensuring his opponent stays upright (most of the bump is taken across the back as opposed to the neckline/back of the head). There have been some unfortunate instances (Sting is the one that immediately spring to mind) but to me it looks more like a miscommunication that causes the possible injuries, rather than Rollins himself being an unsafe worker. Finn's got his arm outstretched and catches it on the barrier as he's going down, I wouldn't go so far as to say it's his fault but it's unfortunate positioning not helped by the curve in the barrier.

For all we know the sling might even be a precautionary measure, just so he doesn't exacerbate it between shows.

Barrage

Seth kept it 100 about the crowd during his match, i'll put it that way.

Sad thing is if Seth had won, you could have had Balor destroy that belt tonight and get some heat in front of those mouthbreathers.

sajj316

Seth kept it 100 about the crowd during his match, i'll put it that way.

Sad thing is if Seth had won, you could have had Balor destroy that belt tonight and get some heat in front of those mouthbreathers.

You could have Seth destroy the belt ... but that would yield a pop.

Great PPV. Seems like the company is going in a good direction. Only thing off was the strange match order on the card. Why was the US title match after both title matches? Just seemed a bit disjointed. Can understand Brock being the main or even AJ/Cena the co. Still a great card.

Some notes

Odd that Sasha didn't retain. She needs to calm down on the spots. Legit feared for her a few times.

AJ/Cena was amazing. Couldn't believe AJ went over so clean like that.

Happy for Balor. He's gonna be huge.

Universal Belt is ugly as shit. What the fuck were they thinking? Who gives these people feedback when creating these ugly ass titles?

The first thing I said to my friend when the final three matches started was "Why the hell is Rollins before Reigns?" They closed the show with an absolute slog of an hour.

Sasha is apparently hurt and is out until the end of September. Or at least not advertised live until then.

"Who gives these people feedback?" - Vince says "Oooooh, belt red now!" and they all just do it :)

kiguel182

This was one long PPV and that's one ugly title.

I was only half paying attention most of the time but I enjoyed most of it. No really standouts (bad or good).

Sasha continues to be reckless as hell. Like, it works and people love her but she is risking becoming Daniel Bryan if she keeps working like that.

Anyway, okay event. Shame Bryan couldn't stare down Lesnar but it's obvious why.

Also, finally a new PPV set! Made things feel better for sure.

I beg of you Sasha, slow it the hell down. You'll be retiring in a year at this rate. I could barely look at the TV every time they went to the top rope for a maneuver.

Tall4Life

Huh, I guess its very likely that Lesnar legitimately busted open Orton. If so, he needs to get REALLY punished for that, jesus. There should be a rematch and Orton should win. We got cheated out of a dream match because Lesnar went too far on his elbows.

I've never seen Naomi's entrance before. That was super cool, and her outfit is super hot.

Now Orton can have a cast over his skull and use it to his advantage in matches.

Paracelsus

People don't get that workrate does not mean a damn thing anymore.

HHH was the god of workrate and yet except for 2000 (and 2004 where he was a draw if only because there was nothing else on tv) he got nothing but "oh god someone please take him off screen" heat.

I beg of you Sasha, slow it the hell down. You'll be retiring in a year at this rate. I could barely look at the TV every time they went to the top rope for a maneuver.

I feel like she's really trying to prove women's wrestling is credible, but it's like she's the only one who does spots like this

I feel like she's really trying to prove women's wrestling is credible, but it's like she's the only one who does spots like this

I think Sasha and Charlotte were definitely trying to elevate women's wrestling last night. Unfortunately that early botch made most people nervous about everything they tried doing. Lots of folks pulled the "you wouldn't feel the same way if it was men" card and I agree.

Mahonay

Banned
I think Sasha and Charlotte were definitely trying to elevate women's wrestling last night. Unfortunately that early botch made most people nervous about everything they tried doing. Lots of folks pulled the "you wouldn't feel the same way if it was men" card and I agree.
I think it's more that people really like both women and don't want to see wrestlers they really enjoy and appreciate getting maimed in the ring.

This "it's sexist to be worried about their well being" is kind of fucking ridiculous.

When Seth did that god damn turnbuckle bomb to Finn last night I had the same feeling and I was right for having it.

Most fans I see on GAF are genuinely concerned for the wrestlers regardless of gender.

Look at Daniel Bryan. No one (I think) in the thread about him doubting the doctors wanted him to come back and wrestle.

Sasha and Charlotte are the two best women who aren't in NXT by a mile but they really need to be careful if they want to have long careers. The same goes for Big E with his suicide dives. Daniel Bryan should be a warning to those who are far too reckless with their careers.

Most fans I see on GAF are genuinely concerned for the wrestlers regardless of gender.

Look at Daniel Bryan. No one (I think) in the thread about him doubting the doctors wanted him to come back and wrestle.

I agree with you; I don't think it's necessarily the gender people worry about, it's the size of the person that's concerning.

When Big E lands on his head, at least he's landing on a tree truck of a neck that can help with some of the bump/damage. When 120 lb Sasha lands on her neck I'm immediately scared she's not walking again.

Mahonay

Banned
I agree with you; I don't think it's necessarily the gender people worry about, it's the size of the person that's concerning.

When Big E lands on his head, at least he's landing on a tree truck of a neck that can help with some of the bump/damage. When 120 lb Sasha lands on her neck I'm immediately scared she's not walking again.
I think Big E is just as much in danger of breaking his neck as Sasha. I think everyone holds their breath every time he just throws his huge ass through the ropes with no control.

Sasha does at least have the advantage of being a bendier person than Big E.

I think Big E is just as much in danger of breaking his neck as Sasha. I think everyone holds their breath every time he just throws his huge ass through the ropes with no control.

Sasha does at least have the advantage of being a bendier person than Big E.

Oh yeah, definitely, I'm not under-valuing one over the other. I just worry about the small people more, like when Enzo does "suicide" shit too.

Cass threw him in the tag match last night, and Cass almost fucked up with how far he threw him enough where I thought Enzo was going to bite it again in spite of it being "safer".

UberTag

Beating Cena clean like that is something not many people have done in the past 12 years. It was super clean, Cena wasn't protected at all. AJ will be champion eventually but this is almost a higher win for him.
There are no almosts about it. That was a much bigger win than a world title win. Especially when you consider that Ambrose is pretty much a joke and had an embarrassment of a title defense against Ziggles and Finn's vanilla self has an ugly belt and a shoulder injury after his match with Rollins.

Nobody looks better coming out of last night than Styles. Especially given the magnitude of that victory and how clean it was. Two consecutive singles victories against Cena? The second being super clean and featuring a kickout of an Avalanche AA? I'm not sure that's ever happened before. I don't think even Edge managed that.

Mahonay

Banned
Oh yeah, definitely, I'm not under-valuing one over the other. I just worry about the small people more, like when Enzo does "suicide" shit too.

Cass threw him in the tag match last night, and Cass almost fucked up with how far he threw him enough where I thought Enzo was going to bite it again in spite of it being "safer".
I feel like in almost all of their matches Enzo almost dies when going over or through the ropes. Like it's not an Enzo & Cass match with out a near death experience.

1WBt.jpg

At least they are making belts that are easy to replicate.

I downloaded it literally after the match was over. That was insanely fast.

Got the Smackdown Tag and Women's titles too. Going to make AA my tag champs, considering making Alexa my women's champ but I'll probably go with Becky.

Lothar

Banned
Lots of folks pulled the "you wouldn't feel the same way if it was men" card and I agree.

Were there actually people saying something shitty like this? There were people defending them possibly putting their career and lives on the line by doing dangerous unnecessary stunts? And saying it's not right for fans to be worried about them?

Were there actually people saying something shitty like this? There were people defending them possibly putting their career and lives on the line by doing dangerous unnecessary stunts? And saying it's not right for fans to be worried about them?

It seemed to be the general temperature. There are a ton of "Sasha please don't kill yourself!" statements all over the internet whenever she tries something risky whereas when Joe got bust open in his match with Finn people were like "let him fight!" or when Orton gets split open and half knocked out people are like "well that was a meh ending."

That shit gave me nightmares as a kid, the exposed brain. Krang did not because it was cartoon.

And the belt looks like ass because when think of the universe you think of many colors but red is not one of them.

wwe-belts-10cuuxb.jpg

Here, your new universal belt. Change it now.

Wrestling title holders have always been the face of the brand, but at least old school belts gave them an air of "legitimacy." The new belts are branding overkill. They have been shoving this WWE Universe stuff down our throats for a while and it is obvious what they are doing. The only way they can make it worse is if they start saying "registered trademark" or "all rights reserved" during commentary or promos whenever they us a catchphrase.

Mahonay

Banned
It seemed to be the general temperature. There are a ton of "Sasha please don't kill yourself!" statements all over the internet whenever she tries something risky whereas when Joe got bust open in his match with Finn people were like "let him fight!" or when Orton gets split open and half knocked out people are like "well that was a meh ending."
Getting cut open is not at all the same as landing on your neck.

Hycran

Banned
Getting cut open is not at all the same as landing on your neck.

Joe also doesn't have as many high spots and botches like Sasha. She is making up for her inability to wrestle with dangerous spots and she is probably on the shelf after the last match she had. Big differences abound

Foggy

Sasha and Charlotte are the two best women who aren't in NXT by a mile but they really need to be careful if they want to have long careers.

To be fair, main roster female talent is still relatively shallow. Unless you mean in the world then I would really really disagree.

There is a palpable sense that the first time we get a gruesome injury in a female match, things will quickly devolve to the way things used to be. Also, there's the fact that she routinely botches or is at least involved with dangerous botches. She's flat-out reckless and is reckless with dangerous moves.

For what it's worth, I was glad that they were careful about how much Joe was bleeding. I didn't like the Orton-Lesnar ending because it seemed like they planned for it to end like that. I didn't want them to do the massive blood spot and I didn't want them to end it in a TKO non-finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom