• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Summerslam 2016 |OT| The Flo Rida Concert Is Canceled

Status
Not open for further replies.
i hope AJ Styles take that belt quick, this is too much...

LOL.gif

That was the wrestling equivalent of this.

tumblr_mdlay17Ovg1ruaha0o3_500.gif

Trojan X

Banned
To me, that Universal Championship belt looks incredibly lazy. I don't like it in consideration how the original World belt looks, and how beautiful that ruby red women's title look. They should have done with something completely different for clearer distinction.

We went from the champion having the best matches of the night when it was with Roman to whatever this atrocity is.

Agreed. Roman had some badass matches when paired with the right person. Case in point, AJ FUCKING STYLES!!! Badass fights.

Bowser

Hahaha! I hope the date was worth it!

If you went for both how much would have it cost?

I didn't check what Takeover prices were this year, but when I went last year I paid around $50-60 or so for a lower level corner (one of the last few rows in the lower level) on the secondary market.

I wasn't planning on going to Summerslam, but made a last minute spontaneous decision to take the plunge, and it cost me $190 for first row corner upper deck :/ Last row nosebleeds were still going for $150-160 a few hours before the show on Seat Geek.

Trojan X

Banned
I didn't check what Takeover prices were this year, but when I went last year I paid around $50-60 or so for a lower level corner (one of the last few rows in the lower level) on the secondary market.

I wasn't planning on going to Summerslam, but made a last minute spontaneous decision to take the plunge, and it cost me $190 for first row corner upper deck :/ Last row nosebleeds were still going for $150-160 a few hours before the show on Seat Geek.

Money money money... You are forgiven for if money was truly the case then I would have been torn as I must always see AJ Styles. Loved watching him at Wrestle 10 and other match in NJPW here in Japan. I went INSANE! However, Asuka/Kana, Nakamura... That is tough so I would have went to Takeover instead since I saw AJ several times.

It's awful, but it certainly isn't worse than that shit.
Yeah it is.

At least Bully had to just lie back and position himself on the table.

This motherfucker Dean thinks it looks smooth to JUMP on the barricade and HOLD himself in position after taking a supposed devastating super kick.

Horrible.

Brinbe

These guys just don't take advantage of the position they're given. Styles/Cena got it and they put on a fucking fantastic match. Same with Sasha/Charlotte. They rose to the occassion. The rest of these guys are going through the motions so hard. No different than if they were on Raw/SD at all.

And maybe Rollins/Reigns/Ambrose were all just that much better together than they ever were on their own. They're all disappointing right now.

Same thing will happen with Nak/Joe when they make the moves up.

These guys just don't take advantage of the position they're given. Styles/Cena got it and they put on a fucking fantastic match. Same with Sasha/Charlotte. They rose to the occassion. The rest of these guys are going through the motions so hard. No different than if they were on Raw/SD at all.

And maybe Rollins/Reigns/Ambrose were all just that much better together than they ever were on their own. They're all disappointing right now.

Reigns has been the one of the best ten workers on the planet for the past two years - it's not his fault Vince can't book for shit anymore.

Maybe he should grow a pair of balls and speak up about how he's booked then.

Right after Finn tells Uncle Hunter he shouldn't be booked so strong and to pay his dues, he should hold a random midcard belt for 8 years before he's "ready" to be in the main event.

Yeah it is.

At least Bully had to just lie back and position himself on the table.

This motherfucker Dean thinks it looks smooth to JUMP on the barricade and HOLD himself in position after taking a supposed devastating super kick.

Horrible.

This was clearly a botch that he tried to correct in a bad way. Bully Ray took a pitiful bump, stood up straight, and then almost calmly put himself on the table. I mean, this is shit in a similar manner, but that Bully Ray thing is like the purest form of that shit to me.

The show pretty much ended with Cena/AJ and the crowd felt it too.

To me, that Universal Championship belt looks incredibly lazy. I don't like it in consideration how the original World belt looks, and how beautiful that ruby red women's title look. They should have done with something completely different for clearer distinction.

Agreed. Roman had some badass matches when paired with the right person. Case in point, AJ FUCKING STYLES!!! Badass fights.

Branding... Lazy that now there's three titles with the same basic design but still... Branding.

™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™

Verendus

Banned

Reigns is legit better than pretty much everyone on the roster. The only problem with him is his booking.

They've booked him pretty weak for someone who's supposedly the top guy, and are keeping him away from the big matches like Lesnar, Cena, and Taker. He was just forced to headline Wrasslin'Mania against Haitch of all people. That's incredibly bizarre when Lesnar is in a nothing match with Ambrose on the same show.

But then, everyone on the roster has that problem. I don't see anyone who I think is being booked with any direction.

I think people critical of this PPV need to look at who wasn't there tonight. For SummerSlam (a top 4 PPV) there were almost no lengthy spot matches of classic or attitude era wrestlers. This show sank or swim based on the contemporary talent of WWE.

I think it swam. Most matches were pretty good with a few really good matches. I'm interested to hear if the main event went wrong or not.

Ric Flair

Banned
This was clearly a botch that he tried to correct in a bad way. Bully Ray took a pitiful bump, stood up straight, and then almost calmly put himself on the table. I mean, this is shit in a similar manner, but that Bully Ray thing is like the purest form of that shit to me.
The bubba one is hilarious though, you can't deny that. Whenever I think of TNA, the image of Jeff hardy giving him a stunner bubba standing back up, and for no reason just laying on the table afterwards is the first thing i usually think of. Either that or sting abusing the drugged body of Jeff hardy in a championship match.

Man, I found the women's tag more entertaining than Ambrose vs Ziggler. Continuing the Eva gimmick was the best thing for them to do and I was genuinely excited to see Nikki come out. Plus I can't stop laughing at how smooth Becky threw her hat.

The bubba one is hilarious though, you can't deny that. Whenever I think of TNA, the image of Jeff hardy giving him a stunner bubba standing back up, and for no reason just laying on the table afterwards is the first thing i usually think of. Either that or sting abusing the drugged body of Jeff hardy in a championship match.

It was hilarious, yeah, I can't deny that.

It's weird people are hoping Sasha is getting time off for being hurt instead of not being hurt but suspended. Granted if she wasn't hurt before Summerslam she almost certainly is now.

That belt....I mean that's just so lazy. They have a rare chance to create a new flagship title from scratch. They couldn't come up with any new design at all? Nothing? I mean at the very least if they had actually tried and failed to create something good I wouldn't mind so much. At least it's something, but just changing the WWE strap to red? Are you serious? I'm not even one of the people who wants the big gold or eagle belt back. Let those belts have their history it's a new generation after all. It's just lazy.

I bet the smackdown women's title will look exactly like the one on raw except the red center will be blue instead. 🙄

Mahonay

Banned
It's weird people are hoping Sasha is getting time off for being hurt instead of not being hurt but suspended. Granted if she wasn't hurt before Summerslam she almost certainly is now.
Sasha could be heading off for a honeymoon as well, as she just got married.

Oh and Naomi keeping her awful assfense and that kick thing, uuuugh.

I mean I guess maybe the kick thing looked a little better than it did before but still, uuuuugh.

Beyond over current Brock, yet another thing WWE drove the fuck into the ground with the Suplex City shit.

Sasha could be heading off for a honeymoon as well, as she just got married.

Yeah but you don't need 30 days off for that.

An injury that will have her out for a month or so is a lot better for her in the long-run than getting popped 27 days into your title reign.

Beyond over current Brock, yet another thing WWE drove the fuck into the ground with the Suplex City shit.

I legitimately don't see how anyone can enjoy current Brock. All of his matches are like borderline squash matches of the laziest kind. You can just feel the 'not giving a shit' through the TV screen. And it's like he's morphing into more of a captain chicken-legs every appearance. It's really sad to watch him now, more than anything. His original run was incredible. The shit now is just worthless.

I legitimately don't see how anyone can enjoy current Brock. All of his matches are like borderline squash matches of the laziest kind. You can just feel the 'not giving a shit' through the TV screen. And it's like he's morphing into more of a captain chicken-legs every appearance. It's really sad to watch him now, more than anything. His original run was incredible. The shit now is just worthless.

I don't enjoy current Brock all that much, but he still has an aura of 'anything can happen' with him, unlike anybody else in the company. That's probably the WWE's fault, but that's the truth.

Ric Flair

Banned
That belt....I mean that's just so lazy. They have a rare chance to create a new flagship title from scratch. They couldn't come up with any new design at all? Nothing? I mean at the very least if they had actually tried and failed to create something good I wouldn't mind so much. At least it's something, but just changing the WWE strap to red? Are you serious? I'm not even one of the people who wants the big gold or eagle belt back. Let those belts have their history it's a new generation after all. It's just lazy.

I bet the smackdown women's title will look exactly like the one on raw except the red center will be blue instead. 🙄
It's a problem of too many cooks in the kitchen. They need to cut down the hours and get behind a singular vision. Maybe have 4 creative heads tops. You don't need 20+ writers for a fucking wrestling show. It's not that hard, you give guys feuds and have them feed off each other. Let guys make themselves over, and if they can't cut it stop pushing them and start pushing someone more capable. And when it comes to belt design, Jesus fucking Christ make it legitimate looking. Also, fuck this universe bullshit. Die already Vince.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

We (and by we I mean the internet) shit on Cena or Reigns for only doing 5 moves when Brock is literally only doing one and getting cheered for it :/

I don't enjoy current Brock all that much, but he still has an aura of 'anything can happen' with him, unlike anybody else in the company. That's probably the WWE's fault, but that's the truth.

I don't know how anything can happen in matches where the same fucking shit happens over and over again. I can't say I get that at all.

NastyBook

It's a problem of too many cooks in the kitchen. They need to cut down the hours and get behind a singular vision. Maybe have 4 creative heads tops. You don't need 20+ writers for a fucking wrestling show. It's not that hard, you give guys feuds and have them feed off each other. Let guys make themselves over, and if they can't cut it stop pushing them and start pushing someone more capable. And when it comes to belt design, Jesus fucking Christ make it legitimate looking. Also, fuck this universe bullshit. Die already Vince.
*thatescalatedquickly.jpg*

Anth0ny

I don't know how people could cheer for Brock after that. Even if he's against Roman.

99% of viewers just saw an ass kicker kick ass

only the weird nerds on the internet are going "wow what an unsafe worker brock going into business for himself with those stiff elbows what an asshole"

99% of viewers just saw an ass kicker kick ass

only the weird nerds on the internet are going "wow what an unsafe worker brock going into business for himself with those stiff elbows what an asshole"

I mean it's wasn't like he was being cheered by the crowd after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom