• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin Thread of Hard Summer Justice Slam !

Status
Not open for further replies.

laserbeam

Banned
I kinda think they will stick with the whole mystery partner doesnt give a shit angle and have HHH alone come summerslam but suddenly HBK shows up at Summerslam

MechDX

DOnt post in this thread much but watch Raw pretty regularly. This show was terrible. It felt like it was patched together this afternoon while sitting at a McDonalds.:lol

BTW, where is Jesse James and Bad Ass Billy Gun now anyway?

Kusagari

I seriously don't get Cena/Miz. The first match at the PPV has Miz get squashed. Then on the Raw after that, they had a highly competitive match with Miz almost beating Cena and looking great. Then he gets squashed again in 2 more matches which lead to him being banned from Raw.

Also, Piven and Dr. Ken should have been heels from the beginning. They worked much better that way.

Borman

MechDX said:
DOnt post in this thread much but watch Raw pretty regularly. This show was terrible. It felt like it was patched together this afternoon while sitting at a McDonalds.:lol

BTW, where is Jesse James and Bad Ass Billy Gun now anyway?

TNA

Kusagari said:
I seriously don't get Cena/Miz. The first match at the PPV has Miz get squashed. Then on the Raw after that, they had a highly competitive match with Miz almost beating Cena and looking great. Then he gets squashed again in 2 more matches which lead to him being banned from Raw.

Also, Piven and Dr. Ken should have been heels from the beginning. They worked much better that way.

I don't think Cena is contractually allowed to put Miz over.

Also, I've been waiting for a celeb heel turn. That was fun.

Oh, and lol @ HHH on the mic. Love it.

Kusagari

I noticed that King and Cole didn't mention Miz being booted off Raw at all after the Piven heel turn. I wonder if that entire stipulation is going to be swept under the rug.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

krae_man

Kusagari said:

Hey, They teased a Cena-Christan Feud for months, But then they added Jericho to the Match, Traded Christian to Smackdown, then jobbed him back down to the mid card.

Lebron

GaimeGuy said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RefO3eIRS3s&feature=related

The "he" you kept talking about is not Stone Cold? Then who the hell is the "he" you kept talking about?!
I love watching all the Rock Returns '02, '03, '04 videos. Lawler and Ross always have the same reaction. "What!" "Are you kidding me?!" "It's the Rock! The Rock is back!" "The Great one is here!" It's like they have the template saved for the next time he returns. :lol

Striker

MechDX said:
Yeah I just Wiki'ed them. Never see a "full" DX reunion.

I do agree with the GAF majority though: WWE is starting to get very stale, sterile and boring.
Watch Smackdown.

Kokaku

Banned
MechDX said:
Yeah I just Wiki'ed them. Never see a "full" DX reunion.

I do agree with the GAF majority though: WWE is starting to get very stale, sterile and boring.
This has been the case since the early 2000's.

I received word today that Jeff Hardy will in fact be taking time off after SummerSlam
. Sources claim that Jeff Hardy was actually surprised that WWE put the title on him because they had known at that point he was going to be leaving to "pursue other interests". We've also heard that they could be negotiating a deal where Jeff still receives some type of retainer payment for merchandising while he's off television. If they do go with this, I'm sure it would include him not appearing for other televised wrestling companies (possibly any other promotion), but Jeff is telling everyone he does not want to leave to pursue other companies. Given these new reports, it's safe to assume Hardy will be dropping the title again either at SummerSlam or between now and then.

laserbeam

Banned
Sounds about right. If they go that route there will be a no compete clause for sure. Ive said all along giving the belt to him was probably Vince's attempt to kepe him active.

So, I live in Calgary and we're getting Raw next week. For some reason, Double Double E decided we get Sgt. Slaughter for a guest host. This would be shitty but somewhat acceptable, except that Slaughter only ever gets "USA chant" pop due to pandering (American flag, beatin up turrists). Needless to say, this will not happen in Calgary. Watch Raw next week, it will be an interesting reaction, I can assure you of at least that much.

Oh and Shawn Michaels potentially coming back in Calgary. He will get a huge pop, but a fair share of boos as well, again, interesting planning.

Perspicacity said:
So, I live in Calgary and we're getting Raw next week. For some reason, Double Double E decided we get Sgt. Slaughter for a guest host. This would be shitty but somewhat acceptable, except that Slaughter only ever gets "USA chant" pop due to pandering (American flag, beatin up turrists). Needless to say, this will not happen in Calgary. Watch Raw next week, it will be an interesting reaction, I can assure you of at least that much.

Oh and Shawn Michaels potentially coming back in Calgary. He will get a huge pop, but a fair share of boos as well, again, interesting planning.

Raw in Canada? Fuck yeah! Canadian fans are awesome.

Cena's gonna get booed so hard :lol

2v19fzl.png

BradVanDam said:
I received word today that Jeff Hardy will in fact be taking time off after SummerSlam
. Sources claim that Jeff Hardy was actually surprised that WWE put the title on him because they had known at that point he was going to be leaving to "pursue other interests". We've also heard that they could be negotiating a deal where Jeff still receives some type of retainer payment for merchandising while he's off television. If they do go with this, I'm sure it would include him not appearing for other televised wrestling companies (possibly any other promotion), but Jeff is telling everyone he does not want to leave to pursue other companies. Given these new reports, it's safe to assume Hardy will be dropping the title again either at SummerSlam or between now and then.

PUNK WINS! PUNK WINS! PUNK WINS!!!

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=39903630

JayPad

Banned
Currently on a three hour journey headed back home and have decided to summise my thoughts on RAW:

Possibly the most predictable and dry episode I've seen in a long time. It's as if there's boxes to be ticked to keep the kiddies happy and the wrestlers occupied. The weekly Diva's tag match rule is starting to dullen my opinion even further on that division. Guest hosts garbling jargon and regurgitating out utter bollocks for us to watch, making it entirely evident they're only there to piss about and promote. HORNGOBBLER? SUMMERFEST? WHAT THE FUCK PIVEN?!

Lets start attracting older audiences again and get the crowd really enthusiastic watching matches and drama that excites and challenges their predictions. I, like every other fan, miss 1998 :(

JayPad

Banned
ZeroRay said:
Fell asleep before 10. Apparently didn't miss much but host heel turn sounds interesting.

Host heel turn was a crock too, crowd didn't get it. I certainly didn't get it, and Dr. Ken's incessant ragging on the fans was so OTT it killed it.

The most satisfying part of the night is when Cena (booo) threw Ken from the ring to the lumberjacks and thwacked the back of his head on the floor. Yeahhh!

ZeroRay

JayPad said:
Host heel turn was a crock too, crowd didn't get it. I certainly didn't get it, and Dr. Ken's incessant ragging on the fans was so OTT it killed it.

The most satisfying part of the night is when Cena (booo) threw Ken from the ring to the lumberjacks and thwacked the back of his head on the floor. Yeahhh!

Good thing I fell asleep then. Yesterday's host was horrible. Apparently Sgt. Slaughter is hosting next week. At least he's been in the business for a while, and even though he probably won't be that exciting, he won't be embarrassing either.

hertog

Gonna watch raw tonight with some friends.
But looks like 'll be annoyed to no end.... at least there's beer

orioto

Good Art™
Indeed, this RAW was hard to watch...
If the evolution continues like that, there won't be any wrestling left in it by 2011 !

The most worrying part is that in this "stars and fun" context, Swagger and Bourne seems so misplaced... I can't see how Swagger would play this game right now...

mario ate my burger said:
Raw in Canada? Fuck yeah! Canadian fans are awesome.

Cena's gonna get booed so hard :lol
Calgary delivered one of the best PPV crowds in history when Canadian Stampede hailed from there in 1997. They booed the hell out of a then-incredibly-over-everywhere-else-face in Steve Austin.

With luck they'll tear into anything involving Cena, Michaels or crap WWE booking.

Same thing goes for the post-PPV RAW in Toronto next month.

hertog

RAW is jsut weird these days. It's like a (badly acted) entertainment show that has a few wrestling skits in between. Like someone said in this thread, it feels like a 2 hour commercial these days. Thank god Smackdown is a real wrestling show.

I liked a few things from raw. Mark Henry is awesome and should squash Cena weekly for must see tv.
The guest GM's were very good when they were heels, I actually enjoyed them.
But because of these guest GM's there's no steady storyline on RAW anymore. And Cena vs. Miz.... ugh. Scrap my Mark Henry idea, just get rid of Cena

B-Rad Lascelle said:
Calgary delivered one of the best PPV crowds in history when Canadian Stampede hailed from there in 1997. They booed the hell out of a then-incredibly-over-everywhere-else-face in Steve Austin.

I wonder if wrestling The Hart Foundation had anything to do with it :p

krae_man

B-Rad Lascelle said:

With luck they'll tear into anything involving Cena, Michaels or crap WWE booking.

I remember when Victoria turned heel and attacked Christy Hemme after she lost a swimsiut contest and the crowd cheered her on:lol

Kokaku

Banned
hertog said:
RAW is jsut weird these days. It's like a (badly acted) entertainment show that has a few wrestling skits in between. Like someone said in this thread, it feels like a 2 hour commercial these days. Thank god Smackdown is a real wrestling show.

I liked a few things from raw. Mark Henry is awesome and should squash Cena weekly for must see tv.
The guest GM's were very good when they were heels, I actually enjoyed them.
But because of these guest GM's there's no steady storyline on RAW anymore. And Cena vs. Miz.... ugh. Scrap my Mark Henry idea, just get rid of Cena
Impossible dream :(

I'd rather have The Rock come back with his slapfests then have Cena :(

bjork

The only people I'd want to see less than the rock is goldberg and lesnar. Besides, he's not rock any more, he's "DJ", remember. Die Rocky Die.

hertog

mttbb6.jpg

What I also dislike about him is his constant merchandise change... now he looks like a subway sandwich with his green/yellow gear.

B-Rad Lascelle said:

Last time we got Raw it was round one of the 04 Stanley Cup play-offs. Instead of boos or cheers pretty much everything got a "Go Flames Go".
Likely because of that, they took five years before coming back.

Oh and rest assured, Cena will get booed but Michaels could go either way.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I have to say this weeks RAW was one of the shittiest I've ever seen.

Like someone else said, the show just feels like a big commerical/entertainment show with a few bits of wrestling in between.

There seems to be very, very little progress with storylines/feuds etc, each week.

One week Mark Henry is beating Orton, the next week he's beating up Chavo for Hornswoggle? I mean, WTF?!

Striker

-- Sources add that it would not be a surprise to witness something like Triple H vs. Ted DiBiase or another Triple H vs. Randy Orton on television in the coming weeks.
sameoldshit.gif

-- There had been talk of Kofi Kingston vs. The Miz, but with Miz apparently "banned from RAW" and "banned from Summerslam," it does not appear WWE still intends to head in that direction.
You know, this is how Kofi/Miz should be used. Not used as fodder or buried against Cena or the Big Show. RAW writers show their amazing creativity.

-- One idea being thrown around involves a full-fledged Maria heel turn (as opposed to her playing the bimbo character to heel beau Dolph Ziggler).
Finally... Just do it already.

And non-news, but Kennedy on Orton:

"To be honest with you I kinda had a weird vibe all day. Randy Orton and I had become very good friends...we rode together, we were tight, we were buds...when I got to the building I ran up behind him and gave him a big bear hug from behind and he treated me like I was just an acquaintance of his. And then the fact that he made such a big stink about supposedly dropping him on his head. He literally blew up in front of all the talent including Vince and Stephanie and began to lecture me about how I had to be careful and his health was very important. It just doesn't make sense to me."

"It got to the point where everything I did was wrong"

Regarding the allegations of a botched suplex on Randy Orton leading to his release - "Randy jumped really, really hard. In wrestling it's give and take....It was a matter of either I drop him on his head or I help him through this. His neck never even touched the mat which makes me wonder why he even went to the trainers room to get his neck taped up. He was so injured that he went on to wrestle three nights in Mexico."

my next sign is a sign featuring scribble nauts, cm punk,kofi kingston,john cena,john morrison, austin 3:16 and neogaf.

It should be completed sometime tonight.

Also coming a Peep Show sign and a JoMo Sign.

:D

I have Floor for both Raw in Calgary and sd ecw in edmonton.

However it seems like who I am going with to Calgary is no longer available to go but i do have someone i might ask to go, if anybody is interested in a floor ticket for free, send me a PM.

:)

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Striker said:
And non-news, but Kennedy on Orton:

sucks for the guy..

but he was 1) Overpaid for what he delivered. 2) Injury Prone 3) Caught Vince in a bad mood

WWE cuts people for much stupider shit all the time. He should just stay positive and realize they will probably rehire him in 6 months to keep him off of TNA.. or they will let him go to TNA for a few years and hire him back at the end of it anyway.

I need some Markswaggle gifs, love him or hate him he really is getting reactions from the crowd these days.

I hope he gets a title shot somewhere down the line I feels he deserves it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom