• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
I promise I'll be a more active poster in the thread this time around. Attending the melbgaf meet-up made me feel more connected to AusGAF :D

hamchan

NO ONE WANTED THIS TITLE. EITHER ADRIAN'S REVENGE OR SOMETHING FF7 RELATED. ALSO WE NEED TO REACH 20K IN THE OLD THREAD FIRST.

AusGAF 7maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate.

also fuck you guys i was going to snype this shit if i had more time to make a not-terrible op (unlike this current one). wait are we allowed to swear here. i forget.

Clipper

The titular meetups, the first of which already happened...
MelbGAF
Date: Friday, 29th of June
Starting Time: 5PM
Venue: Beer DeLuxe
Organiser: Holycheck

Confirmed: HolyCheck (6:00-), Bananaarnie, shanshan310, Aonshix (5:30-), Aniseed, Omi, jambo, codswallop (4:00-6:00), Remz, Shaneus, Lafiel (+ male progenitor)
Probable: evlcookie (6:00-), Agyar

BrisGAF
Date: Tuesday, 3rd of July
Starting Time: 5:30PM
Venue: Grill'd et al. (meet at Central)
Organiser: shanshan310

Confirmed: Kritz, Clipper, shanshan310, Marshmellow, Gazunta, viciouskillersquirrel + waifu, Rlan (6:00-)
Probable: Fallbackpants, ClivePwned, CrazedProfessional, Bodyboarder, Salazar

Meet at 5:30pm at Central Station around the corner from the ticketing station (on the ATM side, not the news agents / Maccas side). There is a bench there across from the shoe repair / key cutter place that will sit several people comfortably that's hardly ever crowded. Transport info.

BrisGAF Board Games
Date: Wednesday, 4th of July
Starting Time: 6PM
Venue: Marshmellow's place, Toowong (probably)
Main game/s: Uncharted, Munchkin
Organiser: Marshmellow

Confirmed: Marshmellow, Clipper, shanshan310
Possible: shanhshan's +1, Marsh's buddies

Plenty of space left here for other BrisGAF attendees.

SydGAF Board Games
Date: Saturday, 7th of July
Starting Time: 10AM to whenever
Venue: Clipper's place, Randwick (details via PM)
Main game/s: Uncharted, Munchkin, Merchants & Marauders
Organiser: Clipper

Confirmed: Clipper, Jintor, Rahk
Probable: Danoss, Choc

There's room for 1 more, so indicate your interest fast if you want in!

Rahk

AusGAF 7maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate.

also fuck you guys i was going to snype this shit if i had more time to make a not-terrible op (unlike this current one). wait are we allowed to swear here. i forget.
You just want a post on the first page so you can never post again until AusGAF 8.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Eh got beaten again. Was watching TED.

I would have had

AusGAF VII - No Remake until we make a better one - Carbon Tax Inclusive.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
I'm sorry guys, I harassed holycheck about making the thread in steam chat Because I wanted to 1. Get the first post in. 2. Update my subs before I went to bed.:(

Yagharek

who the frack is adrian?

VOOK has the thread title we deserve!

And conveniently, the one we need right now.

This moment right here will decide the future of AusGAF. All those right minded individuals who want to live life in the sun and live in harmony can support Vook by doing the right thing. All you Morlocks who want adrians revenge can go sit in the corner til we get the cave network sorted.

Kritz

Banned
AusGAF NeoGAF Tab
For those who use my NeoGAF tab script, I've updated it for the new thread here. Works for both Firefox and Chrome (despite saying "chome version", it is compatible with the latest version of Firefox)

KwcBY.png

Adds a tab to the AusGAF thread (jumps to your newest unread posts) and a smaller tab to your subscriptions.

AusGAF Steam Chat
Join AusGAF on Steam to talk about video games, the internet, and other random bullshit. Steam Chat is active during non-work hours.

AusGAF IRC Channel
irc.gamesurge.net
#ausgaf
IRC channel is active during standard work hours from Monday to Friday.

The AusGAF Steam<->IRC bot
I have programmed a chat bot to send text from IRC to Steam Chat, and from Steam to IRC. This is activated upon request (as it's a pain to keep it up when nobody needs it).

The AusGAF Mumble
Ask in IRC or Steam chat for mumble info. Slots are limited and it's run by our very own Danoss, so I don't really wanna post it out in the open.

Obligatory comment about the shit title. What's an ausgaf or Adrian's revenge were so much better!

Thanks for updating your thing kritz

I have work 23:00-07:00 tonight so hopefully the celebration of a new thread will provide me with something to read on my break.

legend166

AusGAF NeoGAF Tab
For those who use my NeoGAF tab script, I've updated it for the new thread here. Works for both Firefox and Chrome (despite saying "chome version", it is compatible with the latest version of Firefox)

KwcBY.png

Adds a tab to the AusGAF thread (jumps to your newest unread posts) and a smaller tab to your subscriptions.

AusGAF Steam Chat
Join AusGAF on Steam to talk about video games, the internet, and other random bullshit. Steam Chat is active during non-work hours.

AusGAF IRC Channel
irc.gamesurge.net
#ausgaf
IRC channel is active during standard work hours from Monday to Friday.

The AusGAF Steam<->IRC bot
I have programmed a chat bot to send text from IRC to Steam Chat, and from Steam to IRC. This is activated upon request (as it's a pain to keep it up when nobody needs it).

The AusGAF Mumble
Ask in IRC or Steam chat for mumble info. Slots are limited and it's run by our very own Danoss, so I don't really wanna post it out in the open.

Can you make it so the title says Adrian's Revenge?

Check is a huge jerk.

legend166

who the frack is adrian?

And conveniently, the one we need right now.

This moment right here will decide the future of AusGAF. All those right minded individuals who want to live life in the sun and live in harmony can support Vook by doing the right thing. All you Morlocks who want adrians revenge can go sit in the corner til we get the cave network sorted.

Think, Bart. Where have you seen Roman numerals before? I know...Rocky V! That was the fifth one. So, Rocky five plus Rocky two equals...Rocky VII! "Adrian's Revenge"!

Mush

Sorry, we don't have internet across the ditch.

I'm posting a reply using the combined powers of a discarded can of fizzy drink I found and some tinfoil.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Something weird I just thought about.. does AusGAF allow or have any members from New Zealand? or it is exclusively a australian-only joint? :D

Clipper

Thanks for the heads up, reptile... purchased!

Something weird I just thought about.. does AusGAF allow or have any members from New Zealand? or it is exclusively a australian-only joint? :D
There was one or two Kiwis around before, but I forgot who they are!

Sorry, we don't have internet across the ditch.

I'm posting a reply using the combined powers of a discarded can of fizzy drink I found and some tinfoil.

Ha this made me laugh.

But more seriously, I don't think you can stay here. You'll have to make your own thread and just talk to yourself till you discover some more kiwis.

midonnay

New zealand already have their NBN....

infact two NBNs

(fibre to the node and fibre to the home)

too bad their download limits aren't too flash :/

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Bought 4 games this weekend, went on a binge;

The Amazing Spiderman on the 3DS is pretty terrible. It plays like a poor iOS game. Not saying iOS games are all poor, but really this one feels like one of those games where they have the license but then its just shit.

I bought this and it was so bad I had to do a video review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1Vb-OCaJFw&feature=plcp

I also bought Gravity Rush and MGS:HD on the Vita because of 20% off. Gravity Rush is great.

Also, hell froze over.

Choc

Banned
New zealand already have their NBN....

infact two NBNs

(fibre to the node and fibre to the home)

too bad their download limits aren't too flash :/

NZ always reminds me to never bitch about our dl limits

its shocking. They also have a law where the ISP will disconnect you if they get a letter saying you infringed copyright

They just disconnect you, they have to by law.

Mush

It's a 3 strike system. I don't know anyone who has received a letter yet.

My cap just got doubled to 80GB per month just recently. We used to cut it pretty close as when you reached the limit our speed would be throttled down to dial-up speeds (I wish I was kidding) and sometimes we had to spend a day or two being drip-fed by Telecom. I don't think we've even come close to hitting our cap yet. Until we get Netflix, etc, I just don't see what I'm going to do with all that data.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom