• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was wrong with it? Which store?
First one had the common loose screen problem, returned the day after I bought it. This one (9 months later) had a yellow blotch on the screen when it warmed up, didn't take long, around 5-10 minutes. I posted some pics on Twitter but am on mobile so can't track them down ATM.

Googles about to announce the new nexus 7 higher resolution and much better cpu!
Given Google IO is next week, wouldn't surprise me. Can see myself buying that (if a Nexus 7.1 or whatever does eventuate) for me and palming the old one off to the wife.

Hoping there will be an Android 5.0 announcement, but I'll be happy with 4.3...

Why are we still here?

fao95Du.jpg

I've watched a bit of it, and I love it... except Braff. I know he is needed as a foil to the other characters, but I hate his character so much I can't bring myself to watch more than an occasional episode.

I hate him so much.

If you can get past it (at times it's a bit over the top I will admit), its hilarious.

Man the umpires were fucking woeful in that first quarter. Just so many missed free kicks both ways. It really hurts my enjoyment of AFL. Geelong look the goods though, keeping the pressure on just waiting for the Bombers to wilt.

I'd kinda fallen off by that point, but from the little I saw with my brother season 9 would've been okay if they'd more cleanly separated it as a spin off of the main series?

I'd kinda fallen off by that point, but from the little I saw with my brother season 9 would've been okay if they'd more cleanly separated it as a spin off of the main series?

That is my opinion yes. I enjoyed Season 9 as a separate entity. By that point I was getting sick of the old crew material though.

Clipper

You know, I think this might be our slowest rate of posts when getting close to the 20k mark. I'm fairly sure we knocked the others done very quickly...

lol Bombers can't kick straight.

Lies. He made one half decent film.
The Rock

The Rock was a great 90's action movie. It required a LOT of input from 4-5 rewrites and basically without Sean Connery it never would have worked out, with the studio and Bay at fault. Thankfully the old dog had enough sway to force rewrites to the film and then tell the studio to fuck off once it was in shooting.

Bad Boys was great too. Cribbed enough from solid action movies of the past as well as allowing the 2 charismatic leads run the show. If that combination wasn't leading the movie it could have been fucking awful. Smith had dat swagger. You got drawn into that power fantasy.

Bad Boys 2 is fucking awful but it is so fucking awful is is fucking great. It is a view into the fucked up brain of Michael Bay. Who is a 14 year old douchebag who loves titties and racism and misogyny and being a cunt to people. It takes everything to the nth degree and revels in it. It is has its soul as a power fantasy though, with the good guys at the center allowing all the unacceptable behaviour to be pushed off almost into satire territory.

Ever since then though he tried to take that satire approach into EVERY project he has had but didn't bother to ground it in well written characters.

The worst thing of all is that he directs everything like a fucking music video.

Vine is fucking perfect for him. That is the timespan of each scene he wants. It is exhausting watching a Bay film. Just a mess.

Pointless shopping/TV watching anecdotes while we're in the death-throes of the thread!

I got season two of Community for like twelve bucks at JB today thanks to their 20% off DVD/Blurays dealy and finished season one this evening. It got kinda weird and over-reliant on meta, referency stuff on the last disc but was still funny as shit (I gather this is what I can expect, but with less success on the humour front, on the downward slide that is the show going forward?).

I also nearly ordered Round the Twist from JB because the episode with the scarecrow popped in to my head like a month ago and I've been thinking "I should buy Round the Twist" since, but then realised I'd probably be better not to. I still have 'til Sunday to change my mind though, and will quite possibly cave before then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom