• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, The Walking Dead game is genuinely fantastic.

Salazar

So who is getting up for Euro 2012 tonight?

Yar.

I want Spain to win so long as Del Bosque doesn't take the piss. Putting Cazorla, Negredo, Pedro et al out there instead of Llorente and Mata is just ludicrous. And the midfielder glut is bad football disguised by the pure genius of some of those midfielders.

I also want Spain to win for Don Andres.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5nqlbkaK58

Such a footballer. Such a classy human being.

Yagharek

I'm going for Italy. First tournament I ever really paid attention to was WC98 with a few friends at the local italian club. Although I was going for france in the qtr final >.>

Favourite players back in the day were Del Piero and Totti. Pirlo I was surprised to see is still playing.

Incidentally, this PK from Totti was one of the first good ones I saw:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GQZf88FZP8 (the whole shootout)

Toldo too!

Jintor

Is Ryan Perez really seen as a celebrity? Day's celebrity comes from creating, writing, and acting in The Guild.

And in Buffy, and in Dr Horrible, and VAing in a bunch of games (admittedly mostly off the back of her already high nerd-cred and essentially playing herself most of the time, but whatever)

Fredescu

'And in Buffy, and in Dr Horrible, and VAing in a bunch of games (admittedly mostly off the back of her already high nerd-cred and essentially playing herself most of the time, but whatever)
I don't think any of those things individually would have made her particularly famous. She has done a lot more than just being a personality though, for sure.

Jintor

I don't think any of those things individually would have made her particularly famous. She has done a lot more than just being a personality though, for sure.

It's in aggregate, though, and those works have pretty high visibility in the gamer sphere.

Sorry, I'm not sure what we're talking about anymore.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Hard to express how much better New Vegas is than Fallout 3. The writing and level design is astronomically better and even the action is decent now!
Can't wait till I get in the mood again. And do a play-through of all the DLCs.. and then finally finishing the game off.

Yagharek

Is Ryan Perez really seen as a celebrity? Day's celebrity comes from creating, writing, and acting in The Guild.

Well no, but then neither really is anyone involved in the whole debacle.

I guess the thing is that a lot of people in games media as it stands seem to be putting their name out more often than good writing.

I dunno, maybe I lack the coherency to make the point I have sketched out in my mind. Maybe there isn't really much of a point to be made. It just seems that the actual games seem to take back seat to the people presenting them. No-one has much interesting to say.

I guess if I were to be looking at people who are symptomatic of the problem I see would be those like jessica chobot and jim sterling.

Yagharek

Me either. I was mostly trying to figure out if Vince thought Day being celebrity was a problem.

No, not at all. I'm indifferent with respect to Day. If she has an audience, good for her.

My problem is with the focus being on the person not the content. I guess in terms of film, it would be akin to seeing At the Movies having David and Margaret being the centre of attention rather than the films and their analysis of them.

That's all I'm getting at. Not a critique of individuals.

There are critical blogs out there (are you reading Medium Difficulty, Vince?), they're just nowhere near as visible due to the aforementioned 'celebritising' of opinions.

I'll bookmark it for later reading, thanks. I think you get what I'm talking about.

Clipper

So are we pushing to get to AusGAF 7 tonight or leaving it for the morning? Less than 100 posts to go, so I guess we'll easily get there...

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Code:
reptilescorpio 		1,386
RandomVince 		1,323
Jintor 			1,149
Choc 			1,148
shanshan310 		951
Salazar		 	906
Fredescu 		782
Omi 			772
codswallop 		759
Shaneus 		682
commanderdeek 		624
Danoss 			525
markot 			504
HolyCheck 		503
evlcookie 		481
midonnay 		467
jambo 			463
hamchan 		339
Megadrive 		339
FallbackPants 		326
Rezbit 			311
Dead Man 		288
Clipper 			247
bodyboarder 		245
x3n05 			234
Kritz 			215
legend166 		212
viciouskillersquirrel 	206
Planet_JASE 		188
BananaArnie	 	183
Rahk 			181
roosters93 		174
Box of Bunnies 		169
VOOK 			156
ClivePwned 		128
DeathJr 			120
Rez 			115
Bernbaum 		113
Fogz 			108
Gazunta 			101
EatChildren 		98
fappenmeister 		96
Sutton Dagger 		89
Boken 			83
Marshmellow 		62
what's in a name 		62
Aon 			60
Cohsae 			57
Agyar 			55
Gez 			53
Doncamatic 		50
wonzo 			46
Jezabel 			45
Stackboy 		41
Ydahs 			41
Frawdder 		39
Neverender 		33
Gazzawa 			33
untoldhero 		33
remz 			32
maladroid 		31
Darklord 			29
Ventron 			28
bomma_man 		26
Axiom 			25
Lafiel 			24
magenta		 	23
r1chard 			23
trinest 			22
AdventureRacing 		21
user_nat 			20
zbeeb 			17
oipic 			16
mandiller 		16
DarthHomer 		16
Yoshiya 			15
commissar 		15
Mr_Appleby 		13
Eye Drop 		13
MrSerrels 		13
JaseC 			11
pilonv1 			10
Poimandres 		10
Rlan 			9
Pachterballs 		9
CryptiK 			9
3chopl0x 			8
DualShadow 		8
The Giant 		8
OneMoreQuestion 		7
pieatorium 		7
tithin 			7
Pandemic 		7
Nemesis556 		7
vanty 			7
Ningo 			6
D.Lo 			6
Waikis 			6
guidop 			5
endlessflood 		5
bluebird 			5
ShipTheCheese 		4
bigjimmystyle 		4
manipulate 		4
CrazedProfessional 	4
MontTrain 		4
Peagles 			4
speedpop 		4
Kreunt 			3
stonedwal 		3
Kirby102 			3
Conrad Link 		3
Grassy 			3
Satchel 			3
seanoff 			3
arbok26 			3
elektrixx 			3
Dastardly Jerks 		3
Ingram 			3
lupinko		 	2
The Storyteller 		2
Witchfinder General 	2
Red Scarlet 		2
Nickovic 			2
Salacious Crumb 		2
dchavez 			2
YMatticus 		2
Orbitcube 		2
sjt333 			2
BanShunsaku 		2
Mojo 			2
Fusebox 			2
Jake. 			2
web01 			2

Yagharek

I'm kind of amazed that my iPhon'es native dictionary was able to explain this reference for me.

crpQe.jpg

Land Ho!

i should get on this tweeter thing.
also ill say again and probably still not get it but add me to the tweeter list
im at bananaarnie
cods bummer about the bear
i wonder if you force co2 into him if he will get hiccups

cods bummer about the bear
i wonder if you force co2 into him if he will get hiccups
Beer is usually flat at this stage. If you put it in a keg it's only carbonated as you pour it. There's a few ways to get carbonation when bottling.

Also are we there yet?

Edit: Just a bit further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom