• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

senahorse

Awesome article. It's a great piece to showcase just how important GPU's are and how unimportant CPU's are these days when talking about gaming. On the CPU side what I found even more amazing is how the APU (A6-3650, a $100 unit with a basic GPU built in) I am using in my media extender kept up within a couple of frames in a lot of the tests. I am not surprised they recommend an AMD chip over Intel for a gaming rig due to the price difference to an Intel chip. If I was building a PC for gaming and everyday computing only I would certainly go down that route. As I want to do video editing and potentially other CPU heavy tasks I will still stick with Intel personally but if gaming is your main priority AMD all the way. It also is good evidence for those PS4 threads that downplay the specs because of a 'shitty' CPU, in actual fact there is nothing wrong with it.

Thanks for the link :D

wheres all the graphs and datas cods
AusGAF 7 went for 152 days, and had 127.9868 posts per day.
So far, AusGAF 8 has lasted 159 days, and has 119.1069 posts per day.

Saturdays generally have half (about 55%) the number of posts as on a Friday. So, doubtful today, but likely this weekend based on averages. Since we're near the end I suspect there will be a bit more activity.

Speaking of games discussed on Idle Thumbs, everyone needs to try Candy Box.
Already played and finished last week.

Some useful cheats:
Code:
candies.candiesPerSecond = ;
lollipops.nbrOwned = ;
sword.buyThisSword("Sword of Randomness");
quest.things[1].hp = ;
quest.win;

Here's my save in case anyone wants to have 2.7737875174183495e+79 candies.

Fredescu

I played Candy Box for a couple of days last week. Are
there many levels after Hell
? Is it worth playing much past that point? It was fun until I had to start paying attention.

Clipper

Saturdays generally have half (about 55%) the number of posts as on a Friday. So, doubtful today, but likely this weekend based on averages. Since we're near the end I suspect there will be a bit more activity.

A better analysis might be to see how much acceleration over the average the final couple of pages tend to have. The posts tend to flow quite fast when we are on the last page, and that's only about 40 posts away for some people (not me, though :p).

AusGAF 7 went for 152 days, and had 127.9868 posts per day.
So far, AusGAF 8 has lasted 159 days, and has 119.1069 posts per day.

Already played and finished last week.

Some useful cheats:
Code:
candies.candiesPerSecond = ;
lollipops.nbrOwned = ;
sword.buyThisSword("Sword of Randomness");
quest.things[1].hp = ;
quest.win;

Here's my save in case anyone wants to have 2.7737875174183495e+79 candies.
Thats actually not bad considering some of our fallen

lexi

Banned
I don't get the appeal of Candy Box.

Nonetheless I've had it running constantly for the last week buying upgrades and doing quests. I've been so close to just closing the tab and having it out of my life.

Shaneus

I just want to know what's beyond our universe :(

BTW unless every post after this one in here is mine, I won't be catching up to Yagharek. I'm happy with third.

Gazunta

Beyond our universe is a copy party, set in a rented high school auditorium and filled with pimply teenagers and overgrown 20 somethings, swapping pirated discs of all the latest games.

BTW unless every post after this one in here is mine, I won't be catching up to Yagharek. I'm happy with third.
Do you also mean vince. As if you people actually call him something different.
After years of being banana would you call me pickles if I changed my name

A better analysis might be to see how much acceleration over the average the final couple of pages tend to have. The posts tend to flow quite fast when we are on the last page, and that's only about 40 posts away for some people (not me, though :p).
Yeah, I did mention that, but I couldn't be bothered to go into further analysis of what the final few pages look like in a thread. We know it accelerates and I think that's good enough.

I played Candy Box for a couple of days last week. Are
there many levels after Hell
? Is it worth playing much past that point? It was fun until I had to start paying attention.
There's quite a few, but there's not much filler (except for the obvious wait for more candy) so it's still interesting enough.

Nonetheless I've had it running constantly for the last week buying upgrades and doing quests.
If you enter this into the JavaScript console, you'll get more candies than you'll ever need.

candies.candiesPerSecond = 6846165461681351684;

Mid-late game spoiler: However at one point you'll
fight yourself, and that requires a little mucking around with fireballs and the like.

It's
answer
, IIRC.

Fredescu

There's quite a few, but there's not much filler (except for the obvious wait for more candy) so it's still interesting enough.

Cheers. Have a couple of weeks of "Fred, we need someone with these two certs in like two weeks!" of study ahead of me, but I might pick it up again after that. Any idea if saves are deleted after a period of inactivity?

Cheers. Have a couple of weeks of "Fred, we need someone with these two certs in like two weeks!" of study ahead of me, but I might pick it up again after that. Any idea if saves are deleted after a period of inactivity?
The save I linked earlier was last accessed by me sometime last week (and it works), no idea how long they're kept.

To be honest I just ran a few JavaScript commands (some helpful ones above) to speed things up a little bit so I could see all the content. I couldn't be bothered waiting for it all, it's definitely not worth the wait IMO if it takes you a couple of weeks.

wonzo

Banned
thanksnintendo.png

gee thanks for the new additions to the star catalogue nintendo

jambo

Gotta go with the Peach classic, surely?!

Buying jeans today, the ones I'm wearing have multiple leg rips following years of service and some vigorous footy and cricket a few weeks ago. Going el cheapo Target this time.

Shaneus

It's
answer
, IIRC.
Yeah, got that from Rahk's post :)

Edit: Yo Fuse, where'd you get your Vita grip from? Any problems accessing the rear touchpad? That's all the review I read seems to be down on (other than the inability to access the cart slot, which is no big deal... I wouldn't be using the grip the whole time anyway, I'd be putting the Vita back in it's cover).

Rahk

Mid-late game spoiler: However at one point you'll
fight yourself, and that requires a little mucking around with fireballs and the like.
Huh? I thought
you just buy something from the sorceress to make yourself slightly more powerful than yourself. Can you actually beat it otherwise?

Edit: Yo Fuse, where'd you get your Vita grip from? Any problems accessing the rear touchpad? That's all the review I read seems to be down on (other than the inability to access the cart slot, which is no big deal... I wouldn't be using the grip the whole time anyway, I'd be putting the Vita back in it's cover).
I want a grip because I'm constantly touching the rear touchpad, which can be annoying in some games (LBP, Knytt Underground).

Huh? I thought
you just buy something from the sorceress to make yourself slightly more powerful than yourself. Can you actually beat it otherwise?
(Candy Box)
Well,
I used the quests.things[0].hp = 100; command to set my (and the doppelganger) HP to 100,
then
quickly used a fireball spell to lower its faster than mine.
I may have also
used an invulnerability scroll, but I think it makes both invulnerable. Took a little fiddly timing but worked OK.
Note that you can
use (off the top of my head, probably a bit wrong) player.sleepTime = 0; to reset the wait after quests, so it's not really taxing to try again

Huh, I bet that usage of spoilers is really annoying to read.

so what's for lunch today ausgaf?
Had fried pork dumplings and "Indonesian" fried rice (doubt anything about it was specifically Indonesian)!

Rahk

(Candy Box)
Well,
I used the quests.things[0].hp = 100; command to set my (and the doppelganger) HP to 100,
then
quickly used a fireball spell to lower its faster than mine.
I may have also
used an invulnerability scroll, but I think it makes both invulnerable. Took a little fiddly timing but worked OK.
Note that you can
use (off the top of my head, probably a bit wrong) player.sleepTime = 0; to reset the wait after quests, so it's not really taxing to try again

Huh, I bet that usage of spoilers is really annoying to read.
Yeah, I think my way was a little bit easier. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom