• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I thought you were down on the wii u like a debbie downer starring in debbie downer goes down on dallas!

I'm down on Nintendo's dumbarsery, which seems to be a constant these days, but they're still one of my favourite software developers in the industry. Nintendo products fall under the category of "I know I'll get it eventually" because I like their software too much, and in the case of the Wii U I had the money and figured "why not?".

I still think the launch is terrible, but I'm enjoying ZombiU a lot, so yay for that.

How is the surround sound and lockup issue going? Any problems for you at all?

Zero lock-ups so far, touch wood, but I've heard a lot of the lock-ups happen with Nintendo Land. And I've probably put more hours into ZombiU than that.

I've also heard that lock-ups are likely because of Miiverse integration rather than the hardware, and something funky is going on behind the scenes there. Not sure though.

Not using surround sound so I cant comment on that. No optical out is stupid regardless.

Miiverse really is the 'killer app' at the moment. There is such a distinct sense of community and connection which has for too long been foreign on a Nintendo system.

Good to see a strong AusGAF/Australian presence to ! *patriotic tear*

I don't know if I'd consider Miiverse a "kipper app" in the sense that it will sell the system, but I do agree that it's the strongest, most unique element of the system so far. It doesn't take long to see what Nintendo is trying to do with it, and it works. It's cool to be able to hit HOME in the middle of any game, and immediately post my screenshot to the community.

Dead Man

I don't know if I'd consider Miiverse a "kipper app" in the sense that it will sell the system, but I do agree that it's the strongest, most unique element of the system so far. It doesn't take long to see what Nintendo is trying to do with it, and it works. It's cool to be able to hit HOME in the middle of any game, and immediately post my screenshot to the community.

I haven't really seen it yet, but it sounds like it is what PSHome should have been, instead of the ridiculous bloatfest they came up with.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I'm aware the device has speakers and a headphone socket, but I'm interested to know what people are using, especially in the company of someone else doing something else. I guess it's the same situation as any handheld, when it comes down to it... Does it essentially feel like a large handheld gaming system when used that way or does it feel more like a regular console you happen to have on a smaller screen?

This is a strange question to answer.. I think I'd need more time with it. I played some mass effect 3 in bed before which was nice. and i've spent some time on nintendo land that feels very handheld.. it's sort of in the middle.

mass effect 3 didnt feel like a handheld game. zombi u is the other game i have and it has no controller only play.

(for anyone that didn't know, for some games, like mass effect 3, hold down the - button to move the game to the controller)

markot

Banned
Suddenly Susan

2490SuddenlySusanAd.jpg

Is this in Geelong?
Elizabeth St in Melbourne. I wanna go back for another one!

Also Cookie, the Scott Pilgrim books are only being done 2 a year! Have to wait until the end of 2014 for the collection! Buying as I go means I can reread every 6 months at least. The build quality is fantastic and the colouring is spot on, no complaints from me!

Also looks like the first GeelongGAF is on the cards tomorrow with Shaneus, Lafiel and I!

Choc

Banned
So not that i did it but apparently if you lose power installing eshop games after downloading them, bricked wiiu

how on earth did Nintendo allow this?

also the Australian cricket team is steaming piles of shit

add me on WIIYOOWIIYOOWIIYOOWIIYOO - Chocoboaus

There are Borderlands 2 shift codes for free golden keys redeemable RIGHT NOW. They are releasing a new batch of codes every 3 hours, so you gotta get in quick.

Different codes for each platform.

Jintor

I was just thinking about how many games have had or were released with relatively widespread bugs that can wipe game saves this year or are otherwise gamebreaking. Off the top of my head:

anything I'm missing?

Yagharek

I was just thinking about how many games have had or were released with relatively widespread bugs that can wipe game saves this year or are otherwise gamebreaking. Off the top of my head:

anything I'm missing?

Halo 4 erases game saves.

anything I'm missing?
WiiU: bricks if update is interrupted.

Shaneus

F1 2012. Everything. Game saves included.

Or the fact that they had 10 patches within a month of release and still released two more after that (and there are still major issues with the game).

Jintor

There really is nothing like drop-podding into a massive Vanu assault on the last remaining Terran outpost on a continent and just demolishing it with overwhelming force. Took out a Sunderer trying to protect their gravity lifts and then just a stream of Vanu tore through the Biodome. We then stood outside the warp gates for about twenty minutes just rocketing anything that came through. it's amazing how Planetside is set up so even if you're on your lonesome teamwork naturally arises. A sunderer pulled up and started dispensing ammo and respawns, any time a tank came through it got instantly hit by at least seven plasma shots, scythes and liberators flying sorties in the skies above. Classic.

Yagharek

It's already much worse. But, it's also much, much better. So I'll put up with the bad for that sweet, sweet good.

I know, there's plenty of good stuff. Just annoying that so many critical flaws are just becoming commonplace these days. It's gone from the scenario where patching was bad because it enabled mediocrity and a "we'll fix it later" attitude to a scenario where it's become essential because QA is non-existent and bugs that shouldn't exist are proliferating.

I want to buy Far Cry 3 on 360 but I've been replaying Rage on the console so I'm worried that I will throw FC3 down in disgust at the frame rate. Fucking cheevos :(

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Had a fun couple of hours working through all the Zelda levels in Nintendo Land. I'm really enjoying it.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Sword or bow or alternating? I find the bow a bit more fun, I think because its not just waggle like mad.

Bow the whole way.

The way the play style changed as we moved into the advanced levels was pretty dramatic. At first my friend was just tearing shit up with waggle and I picked guys off from a distance, but eventually he took on a weird tank-like role where he'd try to control all the enemies around him with his shield while I picked them off as quickly as possible.

Fuck the boss in the Battle for Hyrule Field level.

Not long after I started playing The Walking Dead, I got invited to go out and do stuff. So I did. Glad of it, too.

I don't want your worst, Walking Dead. I'm nowhere near the end (not by a long shot) and I don't want what you got.

WHY YOU GIVE ME NO GOOD OPTIONS!?!?

Also, why did you pussies not finish this thread off last night?

Pussies.

Shaneus

Not long after I started playing The Walking Dead, I got invited to go out and do stuff. So I did. Glad of it, too.

I don't want your worst, Walking Dead. I'm nowhere near the end (not by a long shot) and I don't want what you got.

WHY YOU GIVE ME NO GOOD OPTIONS!?!?

Also, why did you pussies not finish this thread off last night?

Pussies.
Fuck. Well, I guess we're gonna hit 20k when we're having AusGAF 7 here in Geelong.

What, you didn't get the invite? Whoops?

(PS. Twilight Zone is up on Pinball Arcade for iOS. So good.)

Shaneus

360 still abandonware at this point?
Pretty much. They *will* be releasing stuff for it shortly (they've said TZ will come out next) but because of having to pay for each submission on XBL or something, they've held back so I think they're releasing a number of packs at once.

But by that stage, hopefully we'll have a freakin' release of it on PC.

Are reptile and markot brothers?!
They're the same person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom