• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Gazunta

Re: Vita

At the risk of getting the mob with pitchforks on me the thought of spending $50+ on one portable game is just crazy to me now.

Heck, I don't even want a 3ds any more. I saw the machine was only $200 at EB and was going to finally buy one and then remembered how much the games were. iOS has spoilt me rotten. And I'm someone who has MULTIPLES of each previous Nintendo handheld and my body weight in cartridges (and WHOOO boy that's a lot of cartridges).

Anyway. In other news. One of the comics I'm getting printed for Supanova arrived! Its the first full colour printed collection of my Blow The Cartridge comics and boy am i glad to see them in my hands. Now to get the other two printed, and sort out insurance, and make stickers, and badges, and the other cool thing I want to sell...FUN FUN FUN.

Edit: CLIVE HAHAHAHAHAHA OH GOD

Edit 2: Revenge of Edit: The next BrisGAF meetup should be the GC Supanova. At my booth so it doesn't look like a ghost town :p

I almost shed a tear reading that.

Re: Vita

At the risk of getting the mob with pitchforks on me the thought of spending $50+ on one portable game is just crazy to me now.

Heck, I don't even want a 3ds any more. I saw the machine was only $200 at EB and was going to finally buy one and then remembered how much the games were. iOS has spoilt me rotten. And I'm someone who has MULTIPLES of each previous Nintendo handheld and my body weight in cartridges (and WHOOO boy that's a lot of cartridges).

Anyway. In other news. One of the comics I'm getting printed for Supanova arrived! Its the first full colour printed collection of my Blow The Cartridge comics and boy am i glad to see them in my hands. Now to get the other two printed, and sort out insurance, and make stickers, and badges, and the other cool thing I want to sell...FUN FUN FUN.

Was it you who had a stall at Supanova last year then? Next meet up should definitely be at the GC supanova.
Is it pricy to get the books printed?

I only use my DS as an electronic dictionary now :( The good games never come down in price, and I can't pay $60 for a DS game =/ I only have 5 or so games for it anyway. I really want a 3DS, but thinking about the same problems as you.

The end times are here!

Umm, video games... I'm up what I think is the final battle in Skyward Sword, I expect I'll finish it this weekend.

Choc

Banned
Was it you who had a stall at Supanova last year then? Next meet up should definitely be at the GC supanova.

I only use my DS as an electronic dictionary now :( The good games never come down in price, and I can't pay $60 for a DS game =/ I only have 5 or so games for it anyway. I really want a 3DS, but thinking about the same problems as you.

no wonder tv companies are absolutely packing it over apple making a tv. They have disrupted phones and gaming to an extent where the entire value proposition has changed.

Gazunta

I almost shed a tear reading that.

Yep that was me. I had to miss doing the Brisbane show in November last year since I had just started a new job and wasn't sure if I could get the time off...but I can't WAIT for the Gold Coast show in April! Why don't you like the idea of it being in GC?

I guess I'm spoiled because I live roughly halfway between Brisbane and GC so it's six of one half dozen of the other. For most people who live in Brisbane then yeah, it's a fair trek. :/

Choc

Banned
yes shan apparently later this year a Apple TV will come out

australia's fucked, another wicket. Dan Christians a dirty cheat

edit: This means Australia has lost to Sri Lanka 3 times in a row if they lose tonight

Gazunta

As soon as you can play iOS games on the TV with your device (or even a blue tooth controller if you must have your buttons) as a controller it's going to redefine the value of console games too.

What. =/

I really hate the obsession with apple products, they break so quickly (on my 4th ipod) and itunes is annoying to use on PC. But at the same time I want apple products. geh.

Yep that was me. I had to miss doing the Brisbane show in November last year since I had just started a new job and wasn't sure if I could get the time off...but I can't WAIT for the Gold Coast show in April! Why don't you like the idea of it being in GC?

I guess I'm spoiled because I live roughly halfway between Brisbane and GC so it's six of one half dozen of the other. For most people who live in Brisbane then yeah, it's a fair trek. :/

If I can drive down it'll all be fine, but by train-and-bus its 2+ hours each way, which is awful by itself much less carrying goodies and wearing stuffy wigs :p

I don't really understand why they moved it down there...

Dead Man

As soon as you can play iOS games on the TV with your device (or even a blue tooth controller if you must have your buttons) as a controller it's going to redefine the value of console games too.

I think that is who should be worried more than tv companies. If there ends up being demand they can go the android route. Game publishers will struggle to try to justfy $110 for a game though.

he knew it was out and stood his ground to try and get the umpires to balk

ergo, cheat.

Mate. That's not how cricket works.

Didn't they just build a new convention centre in south bank? It looks like an ark. Why can't they have it there?

Ausgaf 6 - Don't talk about FUCKING politics or FUCKING video games.... fuck!!!

Are we allowed to swear in the thread title? If so I vote for this as well.

midonnay

India is clearly making us look good

Sri Lanka took a couple of one day games to acclimatise to the conditions...

India took a whole fucking tour to show some fight.

Choc

Banned
its not a new convention centre shan, i've presented there before

they re-did the Brisbane Exhibition Centre, and its very expensive to hire that place.

and thats right, its just not cricket. We used to have a trust system. Now we are all calling each other cheats

its not a new convention centre shan, i've presented there before

they re-did the Brisbane Exhibition Centre, and its very expensive to hire that place.

and thats right, its just not cricket. We used to have a trust system. Now we are all calling each other cheats

Awww, It would have been great :( I guess they've been renovating it since I got here so I never really knew what it was. haha.

AusGAF 6: The first rule of AusGAF is you DO NOT talk about video games.

Time for a Nøgne Ø/Bridge Road India Saison!

I need to see a tease of Arnie's picture before I can promise I'll reserve post 20000.

jambo

I was sick as a dog this morning, really pissed me off because it meant that I'd probably have to miss Soundwave and Clipsal.

This evening though I feel fine. I had some panadol, prescription drugs and a bite to eat and now I'm stellar.

Might skip Clipsal, but no way I'm missing Soundwave!

Top Bottom