• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

Apparently they have a copy of the PS3 version for $23 at Westfield Geelong. First thing I'm doing sunday morning is picking that shit up.>_<
I'm going to check out Waurn Ponds because they have both :) Will be getting the 360 one, so long as there's no massive difference (content or otherwise) b/w the platforms.

Ydahs

Really annoyed at the moment with Nintendo not allowing RCA audio output when using HDMI. Can't play any Call of Duty or Nano Assault on the big screen until they fix this in an update or I buy a HDMI audio extractor...

Ah well. AusGAFers, my NNID is ShadyR. Be sure to add me :D

markot

Banned
Mr. Burns: Stop everything! I don't remember writing a check for bowling.
Smithers: Uh, sir, that's a check for your boweling.
Mr. Burns: Oh, yes. That's very important.
Smithers: Yes, sir. Remember that month you didn't do it?
Mr. Burns: Yes... that was unpleasant for all concerned.

This team is making realise how unfair the old Australian team would have been to play. Start off with Hayden and Langer, get one of them out and out comes Punter. Get him out, Clarke. Then Gilly and Hussey.

Speaking of the devil Huss edges Shit.

Also I'm potentially moving to a suburb where the major landmarks are a prison, mental institute and animal shelter. On the upside the house has a pool.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Really digging the Wii U at the moment. ZombiU isn't perfect and it's ticking a lot of the "euro jank" boxes I was hoping it would. Mario is Mario, but seems more in line with NSMB2 in that the level design is quite excellent. And Nintendo Land is surprisingly fun.

Miiverse is a really excellent idea too, and gives the platform a distinct presentation that feels very different from everything else.

Rubixcuba

Banned
Really digging the Wii U at the moment. ZombiU isn't perfect and it's ticking a lot of the "euro jank" boxes I was hoping it would. Mario is Mario, but seems more in line with NSMB2 in that the level design is quite excellent. And Nintendo Land is surprisingly fun.

Miiverse is a really excellent idea too, and gives the platform a distinct presentation that feels very different from everything else.
Miiverse really is the 'killer app' at the moment. There is such a distinct sense of community and connection which has for too long been foreign on a Nintendo system.

Good to see a strong AusGAF/Australian presence to ! *patriotic tear*

markot

Banned

I thought you were down on the wii u like a debbie downer starring in debbie downer goes down on dallas!

Yagharek

How is the surround sound and lockup issue going? Any problems for you at all?

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I'm actually surprised at the lack of problems with the Wii U. Judging from whatever comments I caught throughout the past week or so, I was going in thinking that I had bought a weight of shit for my partner. The only issue for me was at the start due to the internet connection dropping out, but that was more on my end, and the relatively slow operating system.

I played a lot of it yesterday and had no lockouts, and my partner has played Warriors Orochi 3 for the majority of today in bed and she hasn't had any lockouts either.

Maybe I am lucky.

Yagharek

Well it is very difficult to tell how common something is when a few people are screaming about it. I think Shuri's thread about it being half-baked was particularly disgusting with the OP hyperbole.

If anyone still cares, here's another picture from Japan. It's of the Kamakura Buddha, which is probably the third largest Buddha statue I've seen. Maybe fourth. First one I've been inside, though!

I'm glad I picked up the system.

Nintendoland is cute in small doses but you really need friends over for that one to go off. I love the Donkey Kong game but I still have at least half of the things to try out. I hate Monita with a passion.

Zombie U is entirely gimmicky, convoluted and I'm most likely to trade.

New Super Mario Bros U (as someone who gave up on the Wii version before the 3rd world, didn't finish the DS and finished both 3D Land and NSMB2 on 3DS this last week) is awesome. It's not filled with insta-win powerups (the type that allowed me to blast through the 3DS games) and despite the proximity with my playthroughs of the 3DS games is really engaging me. That and I can play it on the couch with my wife while she watches TV (the console being in the TV room which is technically next door but the wall has a massive cutout)

so yeah, loving it so far.

Cracking shot dude. Is that the one in Nara? I meant to comment on the chef one too, also a good one
Thanks. Glad to see people are interested in seeing them, at the very least. This is in Kamakura, about an hour out of Tokyo. Ultra touristy place. The one in Nara is inside the temple there and is wooden (I think!). Have a shot or two of that other one, but due to the lighting, cramped space and my lens, it's not very good.

Might need to add Japan as a destination to visit once I graduate. Must have been quite a sight.
If you like that, there are (IMO) tons better places in Japan to see, definitely no shortage of pretty sights! Maybe I'll upload some older Japan ones to if I get bored of this batch...

The more I read about people loving the Wii U for gaming in the same room while others watch TV, the more I like the idea. I am curious about sound though. Does it come from the GamePad speakers, do you use headphones or just no sound?

markot

Banned
Developer Nintendo
Type Video game controller
Display 6.2 inch (15.7 cm) 854×480 16:9 @ 158 ppi
Sound Stereo speakers, Headphones
Input

Motion sensing
Touchscreen
2 Analog sticks
D-pad
Digital buttons
Microphone
Gyroscope
Accelerometer
Magnetometer
Extension Connector

Camera Front-facing camera
Touchpad Single-touch LCD display
Connectivity Internal wireless transmission based on IEEE 802.11n[1] NFC, Infrared
Dimensions 5.3 inches high x 0.9 inches deep x 10.2 inches wide

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I'm glad I picked up the system.

Nintendoland is cute in small doses but you really need friends over for that one to go off. I love the Donkey Kong game but I still have at least half of the things to try out. I hate Monita with a passion.

Zombie U is entirely gimmicky, convoluted and I'm most likely to trade.

New Super Mario Bros U (as someone who gave up on the Wii version before the 3rd world, didn't finish the DS and finished both 3D Land and NSMB2 on 3DS this last week) is awesome. It's not filled with insta-win powerups (the type that allowed me to blast through the 3DS games) and despite the proximity with my playthroughs of the 3DS games is really engaging me. That and I can play it on the couch with my wife while she watches TV (the console being in the TV room which is technically next door but the wall has a massive cutout)

so yeah, loving it so far.

I'm really loving Zombi U, it seems like a game you take in small doses, I'm thinking half hour a day or so is all i need.

nintendo land is good fun. Had 3 friends around last night and we had a BLAST.

mario chase was a real winner, especially watching the instant replays after

The more I read about people loving the Wii U for gaming in the same room while others watch TV, the more I like the idea. I am curious about sound though. Does it come from the GamePad speakers, do you use headphones or just no sound?

there are speakers in the gamepad as well as a headphone socket. you can fiddle with settings to tune it the way you like. It sounds better than the Wii-mote speaker, more like 3DS speakers.

Kritz

Banned
Having my first beer in three weeks and my first post surgery.
J1uhOl.jpg

Shaneus

Just picked up copies of Ass Creed Brotherhood, Darksiders and Red Dead Redemption for $5 each from Crazy Clarks.
I was going to ask if that's console or PC, but then I remembered RDR never came out on PC.

Then I remembered I actually own all those games, either on PC or 360 or both.

Edit: Fuck. I meant to type this response out and copypasta it into my last one, but forgot. Fuck.

On the bright side, I managed to fix my leaky sunroof today! Looks like it was just in time, too. Hopefully the cleanup job I tried to do on the mildew comes up okay.

PS. Megadrive, did you want me to buy you a copy of Spec Ops to pay you back for the one from GMG?

I'm aware the device has speakers and a headphone socket, but I'm interested to know what people are using, especially in the company of someone else doing something else. I guess it's the same situation as any handheld, when it comes down to it... Does it essentially feel like a large handheld gaming system when used that way or does it feel more like a regular console you happen to have on a smaller screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom