• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choc

Banned
If a DHL package was "forwarded for delivery" yesterday morning in Brisbane, it should get to me on the Gold Coast today, right ?

that means DHL doesn't consider you good enough to be directly delivered to and has handed it to aus post

midonnay

*facepalm* why are old people against the carbon tax.....

they get by far the most assistance to soften the blow....infact they're better off.

It should be young people congregating at the Alan Jones rallies.

senahorse

*facepalm* why are old people against the carbon tax.....

they get by far the most assistance to soften the blow....infact they're better off.

It should be young people congregating at the Alan Jones rallies.

It's hard to understand this when Tony is conducting such a successful campaign of FUD.

Shaneus

I'm bored, AusGAF. Tell me some movies I should watch that I may not have already watched. Not new ones though, ones I could actually "rent" (so new-ish).

I'm also tired, so the plot needs to be susceptible to random bouts of napping.

so steam sales today? really? this time?

also kritz bust out that gif

Not Kritz but I searched google for 'steam sales gif' in google images and kritz's site was the first hit:
steam_animation.gif

I didn't know kritz had a tumblr edit i just realised thats a personal one sooo i deleted link

I'm bored, AusGAF. Tell me some movies I should watch that I may not have already watched. Not new ones though, ones I could actually "rent" (so new-ish).

The man from nowhere.

Jintor

Another three episodes of Firefly and I'll finally have watched Firefly

Not sure what to go for next... maybe finally blow through the other Blu Rays I have saved up. Or watch some of that anime.

Layer cake.

Edit. Also should I watch Louie season 2 before season 3, or does it not matter?

Shaneus, watch:
Cube
Frequently Asked Questions About Time Travel
Haywire
Idiocracy (I mentioned this at the meet on Friday but didn't get a chance to explain the whole plot)
Moneyball
Goon

These are ones I've watched recently off the top of my head that weren't terrible (some like Cube are repeat viewings).

Layer cake.

Edit. Also should I watch Louie season 2 before season 3, or does it not matter?
Layer Cake is good.

The first episode of season three makes no reference to what happened in season two, but no idea where it'll go. I'd watch season two first.

Kritz

Banned
Not Kritz but I searched google for 'steam sales gif' in google images and kritz's site was the first hit:

I didn't know kritz had a tumblr edit i just realised thats a personal one sooo i deleted link

Lol I don't care if someone rehosts from my site. >_>

It's not like I run ads to get anything out of it. (Despite being contacted a few times about running ads. Ew. Ew. No ads on Kritz.net ever)

EDIT: Also, extended version!

steam_animation_final.gif

That Guy Pierce action one, Lockout, just came out on blu ray.

Fuck you gastro, fuck you :(

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Shaneus, watch:
Cube
Haywire
Idiocracy (I mentioned this at the meet on Friday but didn't get a chance to explain the whole plot)
Moneyball
Goon

These are ones I've watched recently off the top of my head that weren't terrible (some like Cube are repeat viewings).

Layer Cake is good.

The first episode of season three makes no reference to what happened in season two, but no idea where it'll go. I'd watch season two first.

Then watch Cube Squared: Hyper Cube.

After reading the Spec Ops The Line OT I have to talk my boss into buying a 50% off Steam code on Amazon. Sounds exactly like the kind of game I will love.

Shaneus

Layer cake.

Seen Layer Cake, loved it!

And yes on Louie. It's quite different from S1 and you won't exactly miss much if you see S3 before S2, but you should see S2 for the sake of seeing damn good TV.

Shaneus, watch:
Cube
Haywire
Moneyball
Goon

Layer Cake is good.

Agreed on all counts, bolded what I've seen. In fact, Idiocracy is so damn fucking close to God Bless America, it's ridiculous. Bobcat must've seen it before he started on that movie.

Oh man, I'll note them down but I doubt I'd be up for anything foreign-language related today :(

Will suss out. BTW you have gastro? Damn, man :( I just have a cold which seems to have been making it's way through my family (mum, brother then myself).
PS. Guy Pearce movie is directed by Luc Besson? FFFFffffffuck yes.

see: barnaby joyce
That's a movie?

PS. Couldn't get into the Cube movies... felt too tacky (or not tacky enough) to enjoy. And definitely not light-hearted enough for me to watch when I'm half-tired/half-sick/half-Shaneus.

Will check Man From Nowhere too shan, but like I said... foreign language won't gel with me today, I don't think. But to the list, it has been added.

Woot! Sister in law is taking the little guy for 2 days! I can finally sleep off this fucking undercooked frozen pizza!

Apparently this is in vogue again?
We are NEVER going to make first contact at this rate :(

Fucking Planet Cockroach would seem like a more appealing choice for other species to go chat about the wonders of existence with at this point.

Will do.

That's great about lockout. Not so great about gastro.

Seen Layer Cake, loved it!

And yes on Louie. It's quite different from S1 and you won't exactly miss much if you see S3 before S2, but you should see S2 for the sake of seeing damn good TV.

You good sir have great taste in movies.

Also check out ides of march and puncture.

Did you see my post in the last thread? Sure you don't want to order from Sydney?

Too late now though :)
It's alright, I guess I can wait a little longer as PCcasegear was cheaper than the other places I checked out.

After looking at SLI benches the 670 scales really well, so I might grab another in a year or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom