• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Does anyone know of any good drinks you can make using Sasparilla?

I really like Sasparilla xD

Some people I was talking to the other day were shitting on Sasparilla.>:

Haters all of them.

I want Theatrythm so bad... But I cannot reconcile such a purchase with the current expenses of buying a house and car.

We got an X-Trail, pretty happy with it so far.

Rahk

That's not what the article says.

The business is now in liquidation but when it went into Administration (back in April) it was bought out by that a consortium headed by the tool.

What he did doesn't look good but he most definitely did not go into liquidation today.
Also the guy bought it out of his own pocket apparently. Channel 9 got their money so they don't care.

Poor Dale & Sophie :(

hamchan

Did you get the controller or are you just using keyboard?

We should play online when I inevitably spend too much on this.

Just keyboard. $130 is a bit much for me to spend on one game unless I become super dedicated ><

I think there's also a way to hook up the psp and use that as a controller.

Rahk

Just keyboard. $130 is a bit much for me to spend on one game unless I become super dedicated ><

I think there's also a way to hook up the psp and use that as a controller.
But it's like three games in one!

Awesome. Will have to check out if you can hook it up to Vita.

Choc

Banned
i agree but a lot of the 599 PS3 cost came from the PS2 hardware

edit: bodyboarder, investors do. The street sounds a lot like Balmoral in sydney where property is very hard to get because its handed down between families

so many people came through there who live on the street saying 'i used to live here in this house'

Well, IMO the biggest reasons for the Gaikai acquisition are for backwards compatibility, demoes, game rentals and, in the future, embedding the console directly into Sony TVs, with an ongoing subscription.

If it's just for backwards compatibility and demoes, I think Sony wasted their money. In the future, it makes sense that it would be included inside a TV. Great point for the brochure, right there.

And what are Sony going to do for those in developing countries without widespread broadband even in ten years?

People are saying in that thread that Sony shoud have paid off some debts with the $380 million instead.
:/

Also developing countries get the PS2 cod, like the launch in Mexico.

jambo

I've never had any problems with SLI, currently running 2x 570 and looking to upgrade to 2x 670 after I move and start saving again.

Im pretty sure my local game is THE game store left in aus.

A few of the GAME stores in Adelaide got bought by GameTraders, and they just put big GameTraders banners over the front of the stores and left them open with the existing stock.

Let's not have any further meetups outside of the already-scheduled ones just to show how anti-social we truly are. That'll show the thread title!

Hi.jpg

Yagharek

I havent been keeping up on the news, but it seems like ps4/xbox3 rumours have quite a bit of truth to them when it comes to power estimates, yes? As in, the specs of them are probably better known than even wii u specs outside of NDAd people.

Fredescu

I've never had any problems with SLI
You can't play that many new games then. Every other new release you have to wait for new drivers for a few weeks before you're supported. Then you've got Microstutter, which this article covers pretty well: http://techreport.com/articles.x/21516 . Those high framerate numbers on benchmarks come at the cost of smoothness, which is really the point of having good framerate in the first place. I know people that say they're prepared to put up with the crap to run SLI, but "never had problems"? Being honest, I struggle to believe that.

Yagharek

I just have zero interest in streaming gaming. I just can't see a tonne of benefits to the consumer.

Neither do I due to my suspicions it wont work, but the principle is there at least. I posted this in the PS4 thread anyway.

I would be assuming that too, and if it winds up being their BC solution, then watch Gaikai be positioned as their "virtual console" perhaps. All your PS1/2/3 games for a monthly subscription fee like PSN+.

It would also make PS4 a little bit cheaper to manufacture since they wouldnt need to build in PS3/2 architecture support necessarily (big saving initially) and they would be making ongoing money for having the support still in the package.

Of course all this assumes that the streaming can replicate the experience of playing a game at home, or be near enough and good enough not to be a problem.

Will be very interesting to see in any case.

D'awww, he's so cute >< Omi looking thoughtful, yet oddly oblivious to the impending disaster in that last one.

Man, those pics cast Brisbane in a flattering light.
lol. Hopefully the Bavarian Beir Cafe will make up for it.

shaneus im getting sick now too.

Dammit, I better not get sick before tomorrow. Though it would be kind of amazing if due to the large number of ausgaffers in transit everyone got sick.

PLUS! My crappy photo from Melbgaf.

EDIT: Taken by Lafiel's dad.

tBdOf.jpg

LtR: Aon, Omi, Shan, Shaneus, Jambo, Holycheck, Lafiel, aniseed? (face is blurry) evlcookie, bananaarnie

Jambo's tee in the middle is just perfect!

Lets do it again soon ^^

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Hey shanshan - your not giving credit where credit is due. My dad took that photo on your camera!! :p

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Name me a better movie sound track then the spongebob movie sound track.

It can't be done. And if you try you're wrong.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
We need to somehow get a photo that covers the entirely of brisgaf, sydgaf, melbgaf, adelaidegaf etc, or just ausgaf in general.

I've never had any problems with SLI, currently running 2x 570 and looking to upgrade to 2x 670 after I move and start saving again.

A few of the GAME stores in Adelaide got bought by GameTraders, and they just put big GameTraders banners over the front of the stores and left them open with the existing stock.

they should have just got a permanent marker and written traders after the already existing sign. would save lots of money. no wonder people are going broke.

Frawdder

PLUS! My crappy photo from Melbgaf.

EDIT: Taken by Lafiel's dad.

Jambo's tee in the middle is just perfect!

Lets do it again soon ^^
Needs "This is AusGAF dude" at the top of the photo.

Or wait until BrisGAF, combine the two photos (there better be photos) and then put "This is AusGAF dude" on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom