• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fredescu

After looking at SLI benches the 670 scales really well, so I might grab another in a year or so.
SLI is super annoying. Microstuttering (even though you have a high framerate, it's never smooth), games that don't support it, games that perform worse with it turned on (ask Shaneus), high power usage. You'd be better off just buying a new video card in 2-3 years imo.

Shaneus

Wheres the cheapest place to get Bayonetta new for under $20 for 360? I don't want EBs second hand crap.
Was going to say, you could have my copy for that much (give or take) because I've hardly played mine, but... you have standards :(

Stardust, Labyrinth and Dark Crystal back-to-back would make awesome sick day viewing.
Guess what other movie out of that list I haven't seen! :(

Man From Earth is on the list, too. Read the brief plot on Wikipedia, sounds like it could be good. Not sold on Catfish, because I literally have absolutely no idea what it's about, if it's not about fish.

SLI is super annoying. Microstuttering (even though you have a high framerate, it's never smooth), games that don't support it, games that perform worse with it turned on (ask Shaneus), high power usage. You'd be better off just buying a new video card in 2-3 years imo.
Yeah, SLI/CFX is great in theory but is probably best served as justification for saying "My PC has THREE GPUs. How many does YOURS have?". Most things I've gotten to work without (or with minimal) stutter (turning v-sync off and restricting framerate helps quite a bit) but still, every game needs to support it somehow. Games that are great with it are great, but those that aren't are a massive headache to get working properly (only just managed to get NFS:HP running in a decent manner). Multi-GPU benches are great to see from a pure numbers perspective, but my next upgrade (which would be at least a year off, I'd think... I've tinkered enough to know how to get games working the way I want) will be long-term single-GPU (unless AMD/nVidia do something drastically different with their architecture).

Choc

Banned
Did you guys see Apple has forced Samsung and Google to recall the Nexus in the USA

Can't help but feel apple is going to make the lawmakers completely overhaul the patent system they are significantly abusing in the US right now. Probably not in their best long term interests.

edit: Usain Bolt beaten again

""I'll have to figure out what I did wrong and work on it," Bolt said.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/olympics/athl...in-the-200m-20120702-21c3j.html#ixzz1zR2ecOUB
"

Here's what you did wrong, you let the others win to take the pressure off you at teh Olympics where you will destroy them. False sense of security. Smart

Omikron

Choc: You read Makers? You should read Makers.

Also :D
391448_10151014213667766_1836242958_n.jpg

Today I'm going to watch The Royal Tenenbaums and the Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, two Wes Anderson films I haven't seen yet. (Well I caught Tenenbaums on TV once but I was about 10 and didn't understand what the hell was going on)

I'm very excited for Moonrise Kingdom! I am still disappointed that we're getting such a late release here in Aus. Doesn't come out until about 30 August I think.

Shaneus, watch:
Cube
Frequently Asked Questions About Time Travel
Haywire
Idiocracy (I mentioned this at the meet on Friday but didn't get a chance to explain the whole plot)
Moneyball
Goon

When I heard about goon I was disappointed that it wasn't a feature length about goon. :(

I liked Moneyball but I think it's one of those films that doesn't offer much out of rewatches.

<3

Kritz

Banned
Alright. Flight done, hotel booked for the Tuesday night, bags packed.

... not showered

shit shit *panic*

Clipper

Was in Central today do scoped the meeting place. This appears to be the Shoe Repairs place:

photo-118.jpg

And the bench would be:
photo-119.jpg

Right?

Imma get me a bottle of lemonade, open it, sit it on the bench until 5pm for consumption.

Maaaaaaaaybe some KFC potato & gravy in the morning if I am feeling up to it.

Darkness 2 Special Edition on PS3 for $18 at GAME! Would have grabbed a 360 version for the cheevos after the fun of the PC version.

EDIT: You've been playing New Vegas Aon? ;)

Lil' bit sick then? :p
I can taste bacon and eggs when I burp. Digested and regurgitated bacon and eggs.

:/

Also check out Ides Of March and puncture.
Oh also Brick staring that 3rd Rock From The Sun kid!

look what came out today early

ednUH.jpg
Now THAT is a bargin. If only I had a 3DS.
Come on Ninty, announce that 3DSiXLDUAL.

Wheres the cheapest place to get Bayonetta new for under $20 for 360? I don't want EBs second hand crap.
Check your local GAME is one still exists. I bought a copy only a month or so after launch for $28.

It is around the $24 mark on LOGS but you would have to wait for them to restock the 360 version.

eBay would be your best bet.

The destruction is always the best part :)

r1chard

Another three episodes of Firefly and I'll finally have watched Firefly

Not sure what to go for next... maybe finally blow through the other Blu Rays I have saved up. Or watch some of that anime.

Have you seen Cabin in the Woods? It's on very limited cinema release at the moment and is well worth it. A great spin on B-movie horror that you really can't say much more about without spoiling it :)

Jintor

Have you seen Cabin in the Woods? It's on very limited cinema release at the moment and is well worth it. A great spin on B-movie horror that you really can't say much more about without spoiling it :)

I had an opportunity to with friends but I skipped it because I was feeling terrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrible.

Tbh don't know if I really want to... even with dat Whedon factor, I just don't like horror.

Kritz

Banned
Thanks a lot for the pictures Clipper. You're a true internet hero.

Yep. You can get a haircut or buy an umbrella while you wait!

TOO LATE. I got my haircut yesterday. Now I don't look like a homeless man / IT code monkey. As much.

Anywhere near Central sell good chinese food? I've been jonsing for some nice beef and fried rice. Or sweet and sour chicken. Or pork. Goddamn I want me some shitty chinese food.

r1chard

I had an opportunity to with friends but I skipped it because I was feeling terrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrible.

Tbh don't know if I really want to... even with dat Whedon factor, I just don't like horror.
I don't usually like horror (I hated Scream) but this was different from the usual horror film. There is lots of blood though, yes.

Shaneus

Choc: You read Makers? You should read Makers.

Also :D
Great, so AFTER the meet you post pics of yourself.

Darkness 2 Special Edition on PS3 for $18 at GAME! Would have grabbed a 360 version for the cheevos after the fun of the PC version.
Was gonna ask if it's been cheap on PC yet, but then I remembered that the first was discounted massively during STEAMSALES.gif. So... guess I'll wait for that then. Which is coming up, right?

Thanks a lot for the pictures Clipper. You're a true internet hero.

TOO LATE. I got my haircut yesterday. Now I don't look like a homeless man / IT code monkey. As much.

Anywhere near Central sell good chinese food? I've been jonsing for some nice beef and fried rice. Or sweet and sour chicken. Or pork. Goddamn I want me some shitty chinese food.
Go down the escalators through the tunnel that goes under Ann Street. Just past the stairs leading back up to street level, turn right into an arcade with carveries etc.

On your immediate right is some really shitty Chinese takeaway. Around the corner from that is Red Fan, slightly less shitty Japanese. At the very end of the hall is Jackpot Noodles, which is only moderately shitty.

Deeku

Save your money for harvest moon 3d next week!
Hmm, I haven't played a HM game since friends of mineral town on gba (which was awesome!), so maybe I'll look into getting this. Probably need to read up on it first though.

I think I'll get theatrhythm.

If a DHL package was "forwarded for delivery" yesterday morning in Brisbane, it should get to me on the Gold Coast today, right ?
They're aboot to arrive?

hamchan

I have no camera. Also my iPhone camera is dreadful :(

There's a controller for DJMAX Trilogy?! Hnng, what are you trying to do to me, Hamchan?

Yeah it just came out! http://www.play-asia.com/DJ_Max_Trilogy_New_MuseOn_Controller/paOS-13-71-7s-49-en-70-4wzb.html

and the limited edition version of the game with the new controlelr is already sold out unfortunately http://www.play-asia.com/DJ_Max_Trilogy_New_MuseOn_Limited_Edition/paOS-13-71-7s-49-en-70-4wz5.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom