• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Balotelli Faces FA Probe Over 'Racist' Pic of Super Mario

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol how is this racism, its a fucking joke ... coming from a black man and son of a jew mom himself...

It even says DON'T BE RACIST. This political correctness is horrible, why can't we all have a laugh together and not get offended be every little thing?

daniels

Is there any reason why people love to pretend to be constantly offended?... which shouldnt mean shit anyway.. especially for jokes or stand up

King_Moc

Banned
Lol how is this racism, its a fucking joke ... coming from a black man and son of a jew mom himself...

It even says DON'T BE RACIST. This political correctness is horrible, why can't we all have a laugh together and not get offended be every little thing?

There's nothing wrong with political correctness.

ttech10

When I said "illegal to be" I wasn't being literal and referring to laws and a court. So I'll leave it at that and ignore your ad hominem text about my avatar.

Whatever helps you feel better.

Boss★Moogle;141245662 said:
It truly is. What's funny is that I saw somebody post that pic on GAF a few days ago (I can't remember in which thread), before Balotelli did, and that person was swiftly and rightfully banned. But now, some of the stuff being said in this thread (and you only need to look at the post right above mine) is actually far more offensive.

Definitely surprising. I came back expecting at least a thread closure. Instead it's gained even more ignorant comments.

Occam

It seems to imprison the mind, trying to make the world gray, making people use euphemisms while not altering human nature. It doesn't seem to make the world a better place, just more hypocritical.

UrbanRats

Boss★Moogle;141245662 said:
It truly is. What's funny is that I saw somebody post that pic on GAF a few days ago (I can't remember in which thread), before Balotelli did, and that person was swiftly and rightfully banned. But now, some of the stuff being said in this thread (and you only need to look at the post right above mine) is actually far more offensive.

mac is obviously sarcastic.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Real crime here is that some poor former shell of a club (sorry totobeni) spent $25 million for a average player

The real real crime here is that his username has so many numbers at the end of it that they outnumber the letters.

Nerokis

to me this shows much bigger problem, and that is that you can make fun of everyone, black ppl, mexicans, muslims, everyone, but if you mention jews its antisemitism. every.single.time.

Oh, fuck this. There is an actual and rather large problem of antisemitism in the world. Stop pretending the problem is Jews being given special treatment or something. In this case, none of the stereotypes being applied were blatantly offensive, until suddenly, boom, here is this conception of Jews as being greedy and money hungry. It's legitimately jarring.

But while I do sense antisemitism in that sentiment, I doubt this was Balotelli's intention. Everyone has different sensitivities, and stereotypes aren't always invoked with actual malice. I think the offense is small enough that one can afford to give the benefit of the doubt.

Really? You can't think of a single thing?

Boss Mog

nofunallowed.gif

So you think it's fun to stereotype and insult people?

To all the people saying "its just saying they love money, that's not racist, money isn't a bad thing": Fried chicken and watermelon aren't bad things either but if somebody were to make some kind of poor attempt at humor by insinuating that all black people love these things I think the ensuing GAF thread would look a lot different from this one.

King_Moc

Banned
It seems to imprison the mind, trying to make the world gray, making people use euphemisms while not altering human nature. It doesn't seem to make the world a better place, just more hypocritical.

I dunno. Seems much better than when people were calling Indians "Pakis" and nobody batted an eyelid. It's just about not treating minorities like shit, really.

GlamFM

Banned
I don´t think Balotelli is racist, but I think he´s stupid.

I´m also pretty sure he thinks he´s actually sending a positive message.

He has been facing a lot of racism in football stadiums across Italy recently.

This belongs in OT btw.

The picture KNOWS the bottom two are "offensive stereotypes", hence them both being purple and hidden down below in the first place. It's an entirely self-aware joke, trying to condemn the picture is just laughable and a prime example of how too politically correct the world can be. The purple lines are absolutely written in a way of which they shouldn't be taken seriously at all. If anything, it just makes the Mexican line sketchier for being bundled with the top half instead of the bottom.

The fuck, are people really this thick.

His name is Mario Balotelli, his foster mom is Jewish, and Judaism is matrilineal.

The purple text is referring to himself for fuck's sake.

Peterpan

Real crime here is that some poor former shell of a club (sorry totobeni) spent $25 million for a average player
I'm so glad that my club got that 25 million dollars, looking like a better deal everyday. It is not that I think Balo is a racist, I do think he doesn't think about his actions, been like this for a long time. I think he needs to realise that he is a world famous footballer and just stop tweeting, instagraming and all this social network rubbish, because social networks has just brought nothing, but trouble to his career. The FA will jump on anything and I mean anything, especially for a player like Balo.

Haunted

still angling for that move to arsenal.
zDHFgZv.gif

Syntsui

Boss★Moogle;141246760 said:
So you think it's fun to stereotype and insult people?

To all the people saying "its just saying they love money, that's not racist, money isn't a bad thing": Fried chicken and watermelon aren't bad things either but if somebody were to make some kind of poor attempt at humor by insinuating that all black people love these things I think the ensuing GAF thread would look a lot different from this one.

It's all about the intention, yes it is fine.

Mung

I beg to differ.

Total attempt to hinder freedom of speech.

It's not political correctness that stops people from insulting racial groups. It is simple human decency. The people who use the 'PC gone mad'-type card are the people who want to offend.

ArjanN

It's kind of an inherently negative term.

That said, it's clearly a racist joke. You could argue it's being ironic because of the "don't be racist" bit, but that's kinda giving someone reposting this on their facebook a huge amount of benefit of the doubt.

He's such a racist, right guys.

Maybe he is and maybe he isn't. All I know he generally acts like a douche on the field. I'm sure he has to deal with a lot of racism from 'fans', but that doesn't mean he can't be a racist himself.

JDSN

Banned
Gotta love the folks that bring out the "Political correct" bullshit because 1. They most likely see this as a condemnation of their own questionable beliefs. 2. They ironically get more pissed and whinny than the very society they try and fail to criticize. Welcome to the real world, kids.

Christ, since when is it illegal to be offensive? (which the picture isn't, it's the opposite)

Political Correctness needs to die.

Its not illegal, the picture was considered inappropriate by his private business owner and he may (or may not) be face the consequences.

I guess this is one of those things Chris Rock was talking about.

You probably didnt pay attention to what he was saying. For example he stopped his popular "nigga/black people" bit because its was misused by racist people as a defense for the worlds and a way to spread their beliefs, same reason why Chappelle left the show.

Oh come the fuck on, really? As if the fuckin FA got any moral high ground, that's the clincher. And how the hell is everyone offended by the jew part and is okay with the rest?
This is why there's still paranoid people in the media industry who claim the jew illuminati is out to get them. I predict Balotelli pullin a martin lawrence

If anything he should be judged in the public square for the pic being unfunny.

Soodanim

Gold Member
The fuck, are people really this thick.

His name is Mario Balotelli, his foster mom is Jewish, and Judaism is matrilineal.

The purple text is referring to himself for fuck's sake.
Perhaps this should be put in the OP.

It's a joke, but people assume bad context and get upset. Every time. If there's any logic in the "probe" it will be them calling him into a room, him telling a bunch of people that same facts in the quote above, then saying fair enough, and that being the end of it.

Is there any reason why people love to pretend to be constantly offended?... which shouldnt mean shit anyway.. especially for jokes or stand up

I don't think they're pretending. I think a lot of people take offense on behalf of others. Yes it's weird, but it's the world we live in LOL!

Accusing Balotelli of racism while in the stadium some people make jungle sounds and throw banana's at him....

it really is the world upside down.

v1ncelis

Reminds me of JR Smith instagram post story. Many pro athletes should just be banned from using internet. What's a point to even post this kind of stuff?

I always read that joke on another level of humor (it makes you think how black people and jews are still treated worse) but I'm just too much of a positive and naive person.

I think people should start using "Anti-Jewish" to label things instead of Anti-Semite. Most of the Jews are not Semites...
Yeah let's just retroactively change the meaning of words for no good reason.

The word was invented to give a term to a particular breed of discrimination against a particular group of people because it existed as a genuine historical phenomenon with many common themes (e.g. the blood libel). It never literally meant 'discrimination against semites', and in fact there isn't really a group of people called semites - semitic generally refers to a language group that includes Hebrew and Arabic.

Would've been A-OK without the last two sentences. Still not that bad but it just pushes the point too far.
I think the Mexican one also plays to largely negative stereotypes. That Mario is an Italian character who speaks English and was designed by Japanese creators is pure fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom