• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Batman: Arkham Asylum' (PS3/X360/PC) Officially Announced

mintylurb

RiotPelaaja said:
I've played the game through twice on PS3 and played it enough on the 360 to say its probably the best Unreal engine game I've seen, no probs in either versions. Looks amazing on both.

Also, do believe the hype on this one game, it IS awesome.
Still not sure which version to get. Anyway, it's good that both versions are more or less equal. Although, I do have a hard time believing that the ps3 version supposedly looks a bit sharper than the 360 version.

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
No need. All DLC will go multiplatform at some point. It always does. Soul Calibur anyone?

The DLC's been up on the debug Xbox 360 Live network for a while actually, there's a few Challenge rooms there at least.

mintylurb said:
Still not sure which version to get. Anyway, it's good that both versions are more or less equal. Although, I do have a hard time believing that the ps3 version supposedly looks a bit sharper than the 360 version.

Exclusive Joker stuff made it easy to pick for me.

Jakoavain

Man, I just wish that friday would be here sooner. This game should be great, but I'll need something to hold me occupied until the release.

Captain N

RiotPelaaja said:
The DLC's been up on the debug Xbox 360 Live network for a while actually, there's a few Challenge rooms there at least.

what rooms do they have? I won't tell anyone you told me.

TheFallen

RiotPelaaja said:
I've got my preorder for the PS3 version, but I'm curious as to which ones are up? I'd be pretty pissed to end up having to double dip or be disappointed to have an inferior version. Sigh, fucking exclusive content.

Spike

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
No need. All DLC will go multiplatform at some point. It always does. Soul Calibur anyone?

Got this from the FAQ located here:

(ATTN: As confirmed by Sefton Hill of Rocksteady, the Joker will only be playable on the PS3 and will not be playable on the 360 at anytime in the future. It is a permanent PS3-only exclusive. This is due to an exclusive deal that Sony has for the video game.)

PS3 Exclusives:

* Able to play as The Joker in eight Challenge Map which will be released as downloadable content on August 25th on the PlayStation Network. This DLC will be free.
* There will be a "Batman Arkham Asylum Batcave Outpost Apartment". Apparently, this will be only for PlayStation Home. It will contain items such as the Batsuit, Batmobile, and Batwing, along with various Bat-gadgets. This content on PlayStation Home will be free.
* The comic book "The Road to Arkham" will be given to PSP owners via download on the PlayStation Network. This comic will be free but will most likely NOT be able to be read by your PS3.
* The PlayStation 3 version of Batman: Arkham Asylum will use some elements of SIXAXIS Motion Control.

The exclusive Challenge Maps from the GameStop / Play.co.uk preorder and the Collectors Edition will possibly be up for download 30 days after the release of the video game.

So...

Can someone just tell me, do I need the Collector's Edition in order to have all the in-game content? Or will pre-ordering the regular edition get me everything?

Exclusive “Crime Alley” map, available immediately
Available immediately, as opposed to later?

GreekWolf

Spike said:
Got this from the FAQ located here:
Good to see the PS3 scoring a major coup, but also unfortunate that the 360 version appears to be an after-thought. Shades of Tomb Raider Underworld, with the shoe on the other foot.

Oh well, guess it's a weekend rental for me then. Back to Sacred 2.

Syckx

I'm still going to be picking up the PS3 version, but I bailed on the CE once I found out they changed the Baterang to a plastic model instead of the original carbon fiber model. The game looks really sweet--can't wait.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
* There will be a "Batman Arkham Asylum Batcave Outpost Apartment". Apparently, this will be only for PlayStation Home. It will contain items such as the Batsuit, Batmobile, and Batwing, along with various Bat-gadgets. This content on PlayStation Home will be free.

Holy shit.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I'm betting the batmobile will be a little ornament for your mantel piece.

(Well, either way it'll be an ornament. Forget about driving this around TTP ;))

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Tried the PS3 demo at my local GameStop a few weeks ago and fell in fucking love so I pre-ordered the 360 version.

Can't wait. :D

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
gofreak said:
I'm betting the batmobile will be a little ornament for your mantel piece.

(Well, either way it'll be an ornament. Forget about driving this around TTP ;))

Oh I know. It's just cool to have it in the apt :lol

Syckx said:
I'm still going to be picking up the PS3 version, but I bailed on the CE once I found out they changed the Baterang to a plastic model instead of the original carbon fiber model. The game looks really sweet--can't wait.

Really? =( Still getting the CE, but that's a shame. They should drop the price a bit then.

Spike said:
Unlockable.
Oh awesome :D

Pre-order for regular version for me then. The in-game content is all I care about for this release personally.
EDIT: Is the Armored Batsuit thing an unlockable as well?

ilikeme said:
I'm excited for this and I don't know if I even like Batman. He's such a douche
I like batman but I don't read the comics or anything, the game itself looks real fun and entertaining, that's what I like about it.

glaurung said:
Whoever did not see the awesome offer over at the cheap gamer thread, the European PAL version can be pre-ordered for a nice price right now:

£25 and if you enter the HUT10 voucher within the next 9h, you get 10% off.

http://www.thehut.com/hut/10035804.product
PS3 only at that price :(

Ephemeris

Am I the only one here that will be downloading the demo on all three platforms?:lol
I'm not crazy. It's for comparison purposes, I swear!

There will be a "Batman Arkham Asylum Batcave Outpost Apartment". Apparently, this will be only for PlayStation Home. It will contain items such as the Batsuit, Batmobile, and Batwing, along with various Bat-gadgets. This content on PlayStation Home will be free.

Haha! Silly Sony, that would have been the one thing on Home I'd pay for!

MacBosse

GreekWolf said:
Good to see the PS3 scoring a major coup, but also unfortunate that the 360 version appears to be an after-thought. Shades of Tomb Raider Underworld, with the shoe on the other foot.

Oh well, guess it's a weekend rental for me then. Back to Sacred 2.

360 version an after-thought?

No ... not at all.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I will put my Batmobile in my Ghostbuster Apartment as I'm wearing my Ryu outfit.

And the circle of nerdom will finally be complete.

Hakkuei

Syckx said:
Wut ?! A fucking plastic model ? gah... I want my real batarang and beat some villains in the street :'(

MacBosse

Spike said:
Sure it is. Just as Tomb Raider Underworld was an afterthought for the PS3 in terms of exclusive content.

How the hell is the game an after-thought if one console have exclusive DLC/ingame content.

For me, an "after-thought" game is kinda like Lost Planet was on the PS3. Somewhat broken.

MacBosse

In this newly released video from multiplayer.it you can see alot of screentearing ... I'm not a graphicswhore but screentearing can really be annoying. Could it be the video and not the game? Early build?

Video

Spike

MacBosse said:
How the hell is the game an after-thought if one console have exclusive DLC/ingame content.

For me, an "after-thought" game is kinda like Lost Planet was on the PS3. Somewhat broken.

An "after-thought" is that they give more to one version over another. Here is another example: Rockband 1 on the Wii not having any DLC. Isn't that considered an "after-thought" version. Same deal here.

The PS3 version has the exclusive Joker maps. That is a big coup for Sony. But it's okay, they gotta win one once in a while.

I'll be getting 360 version but it would have been nice to have the Joker maps. I'm just so used to my PS3 games looking crappy on my SDTV that I've grown accustomed to simply going for the 360 versions when available.

DrBo42

MacBosse said:
In this newly released video from multiplayer.it you can see alot of screentearing ... I'm not a graphicswhore but screentearing can really be annoying. Could it be the video and not the game? Early build?

Video

I think we can safely assume it was the method used to capture the footage. This is the first I've seen of any tearing in this game. We will see this Friday when the demo hits.

Spike said:
An "after-thought" is that they give more to one version over another. Here is another example: Rockband 1 on the Wii not having any DLC. Isn't that considered an "after-thought" version. Same deal here.

The PS3 version has the exclusive Joker maps. That is a big coup for Sony. But it's okay, they gotta win one once in a while.

I'll be getting 360 version but it would have been nice to have the Joker maps. I'm just so used to my PS3 games looking crappy on my SDTV that I've grown accustomed to simply going for the 360 versions when available.

:lol

but you are assuming the 360 is getting NO additional content or exclusive content. we don't know that yet and there are rumors to the contrary.

GreekWolf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
:lol

but you are assuming the 360 is getting NO additional content or exclusive content. we don't know that yet and there are rumors to the contrary.
Yes, we've all heard the rumors about exclusive Killer Croc 360 content. No, it doesn't make any difference.

That's like a highly anticipated Spider-Man game (already a stretch) on both platforms, with one console receiving exclusive Venom maps, while the other gets fucking Boomerang. It's not exactly kosher.

Whatever the case, I guess it's easy to chalk this up as karma retribution for the Underworld fiasco, along with Fallout 3 zaniness.

Getting the game on 360. I usually always get the version with the controller that I'm more comfortable with. Extras and downloadable content are pretty much after thoughts for me.

Top Bottom