• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham Knight - "All Who Follow You" - Official Trailer

Senoculum

Looks like co-op mode, but specifically for the challenges/mini-games where you fight dudes. The trailer didn't really show them prancing around the city, or the story.

I'm holding out hope. They teased us with a crappy versus mode last time, we should get legit co-op. This is supposed to be the end-all Batman game, so where is my co-op Batman and Robin!

I mean.. I don't get it. Time to make some radical changes to the challenges since they've been the same for 3 straight games now. Co-op would be great addition. I LOVED them in Arkham City. I finished all with all characters.

denshuu

Jason is playable as Red Hood in preorder DLC character though. Unless the Red Hood isn't Jason.

Which basically sealed the deal for me that he's the Arkham Knight. It was one thing that the AK is basically just Jason in his getup from Battle for the Cowl, dual pistols and all, but then Jason gets his own prequel DLC missions? I'm not seeing how it can be anyone but Jay Todds at this point.

sjay1994

Hush was a brand new guy before his arc. It doesn't need to be somebody old to be a dramatic conclusion. It's not like there's been some overarcing conspiracy to each of these games that would require the Knight to be somebody old in order to satisfy people.

Why do we think it can't be somebody they'll introduce in this game? If it wasn't somebody entirely new, why would they say anything at all?

Hush was a standalone novel. There were no previous novels leading up to Hush, and it was never advertised as "the finale" of a series.

If it was a completely new person they introduce, it feels too late.

SliChillax

I've noticed something in all the Arkham Knight footage so far and it's the horrible lack of anti aliasing which is also visible through highly compressed YouTube videos. Is this another Battlefield 4 where even with 4xMSAA at 1440p the IQ was a jagged mess?

I've noticed something in all the Arkham Knight footage so far and it's the horrible lack of anti aliasing which is also visible through highly compressed YouTube videos. Is this another Battlefield 4 where even with 4xMSAA at 1440p the IQ was a jagged mess?

Could be the PS4 version? That seems to be the priority and we have already seen PS4 footage that looked close to this.

That said, I think this was mostly PC. Not sure why there is a lack of AA (relative to high end PC capabilities anyway)

Vire

So how does this work exactly? Does Robin just come flying in on screen like Marvel vs. Capcom and finish the combo?

I don't see how they can do this elegantly without it feeling incredibly "gamey".

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Combo moves are cool but the trailer was a little lame. The teasers showing the characters ruined much of the surprise.

It's shader aliasing which is tough to deal with. This trailer seems to be a bit improved in that regard. Hopefully they keep working on that the next couple of months.

LegendX48

From the op
ak3.gif

This doesn't make any sense and should be impossible >.>

It's like her body isn't even connected to her leg on the ground and it looks like she even continues and does a full circle @_@

Trailer wasn't that great, trying to nail multiple tones with poor transition between as well as really rough editing and framing.

But I'd be lying if I said it didn't get me excited.

Rocksteady's character designs are always so bad

Only design of their's I absolutely hate is Batman.

Asylum/City is like they don't even understand proportions.
While Arkham Knight's head/cowl look horrendous.

latest

Was my favorite suit in City, actually looks great.

Origins suit on the other hand was my favorite Batman design until BatmanVsSuperman's
batman_arkham_origins_batman_by_armachamcorp-d6rsb53.jpg

Was really hoping to see Azrael in action

So it was Azrael with the shredded mantle right?
Sth that really intrigued me: there is Robin and Nightwing next to Batman, I thiought Nightwing Is Robin who changed his identity when he grew up. Though the Robin I saw has bald head compared to the ususal hair of Robin/Nightwing. Does that mean the Robin we saw is a new character who plays the old Batman's sidekick Robin?

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Sth that really intrigued me: there is Robin and Nightwing next to Batman, I thiought Nightwing Is Robin who changed his identity when he grew up. Though the Robin I saw has bald head compared to the ususal hair of Robin/Nightwing. Does that mean the Robin we saw is a new character who plays the old Batman's sidekick Robin?
There's more than one Robin in Batman lore.

From the op

It's like her body isn't even connected to her leg on the ground and it looks like she even continues and does a full circle @_@

Remember that you're watching this on a loop continuously compared to how it'd be if you were actually playing and collision is probably pretty hard. These are not real humans, they're just models with maybe some skeletal framework, so the hit might not connect in the right place to give the most realistic response. I don't think Rocksteady is aiming for physics accuracy on body hit reactions or then that'd be tech that they would be talking about.

Robin 1 (Dick Grayson) -> Nightwing -> Batman2(3?) -> Nightwing -> Spy
Robin 2 (Jason Todd) -> Red Hood
Robin 3 (Tim Drake) -> Red Robin
Spoiler(Stephanie Brown) -> Robin 4 -> Batgirl 3

I didn't think Rocksteady's character designs could get worse, yet here we are. Everyone looks so awful that it's almost a deal breaker for me. Almost.

munchie64

Holy shit! Looks like they're all gonna have a decent part in the story AND gameplay. That's great. Since they have animations we should be able to play as all of them Rocksteady >.>

Arkham City
- AC is the first time batman see's a lazarus pit
-
Ra's was the mastermind of AC, and he escapes.
- If you play the Joker challenge room as Tim Drake, he acknowledges that he killed Jason Todd in the Arkham Verse

Challenge rooms aren't canon. Go read character bios in the games. Also regarding the spoiler

what? He for impaled and left for dead (never really stopped him before I guess but what?) also the pit was destroyed in AC as well. So unless he had another one near by, I doubt this.

From the op

That's totally Li Mei's special "circle" kick from Mortal Kombat.

sjay1994

Challenge rooms aren't canon. Go read character bios in the games. Also regarding the spoiler

what? He for impaled and left for dead (never really stopped him before I guess but what?) also the pit was destroyed in AC as well. So unless he had another one near by, I doubt this.

His body is gone after you do the next story bit

Travo

Has co-op been confirmed or does Robin just swoop down to help on occasion? I'm so excited. I wonder what the best boss battle will be?

Neiteio

Why did they make Robin look exactly like...

latest
Batman Forever and Batman & Robin had a neat look to them, if nothing else. I don't mind them borrowing the Robin design from those movies. I actually rather like that Robin design. But my first impression of Robin here is "Unreal skinhead." Although I suppose it's more practical to have a buzzcut. Don't want criminals grabbing your hair...

So how does this work exactly? Does Robin just come flying in on screen like Marvel vs. Capcom and finish the combo?

I don't see how they can do this elegantly without it feeling incredibly "gamey".

Because clearly the entire Arkham combat system is firmly grounded in reality.

Rocksteady's character designs are always so bad

I don't really have a problem with most of their designs, but I'm not a fan of how their Batman is proportioned. This new Batman looks much better though.

Origins might have not done much of anything better than AA and AC, but its designs are marvelous.

Jokers.jpg

This Joker IMO, is the absolute best looking rendition of him we've ever had. Menacing as all hell.

Weird that it was apparently for such a brief time. Origins supposedly takes place five years before Asylum, so it had to be in that time frame. Every game so far has conveniently avoided featuring any version of Batgirl. No concept art, nothing more than a few words in a character bio.

HardRojo

Weird that it was apparently for such a brief time. Origins supposedly takes place five years before Asylum, so it had to be in that time frame. Every game so far has conveniently avoided featuring any version of Batgirl. No concept art, nothing more than a few words in a character bio.

I should read her bio from the Arkham games then. I had no idea she became Batgirl some time during the Arkhamverse events.

Pau

Was Dick already Robin by Origins? Seems too little time to go through three Robins. D:

erawsd

Hush was a standalone novel. There were no previous novels leading up to Hush, and it was never advertised as "the finale" of a series.

If it was a completely new person they introduce, it feels too late.

Not at all. The whole point of this character is that Rocksteady is being given an opportunity to leave a lasting impression on the Batman mythos in the form of a brand new character.

Hes also just a weird fit as any existing character. The prequel comics have established that hes been working from the shadows since AA, patiently observing Batman, which is how he has so much intimate knowledge of his capabilities. Hes also a guy with access to tremendous resources. He commands a Spanish army, complete with drone tanks and helicopters. and of course his suit is some amazing piece of tech itself.

Vitor711

So wait, we have Batman, Catwoman, Robin, Nightwig, Harley, AND Red Hood as playable characters? Holy shit, they're going all out.

To be fair, those were mostly all playable already in AC. Just mostly relegated to challenge rooms but they still had their own unique movesets and animations which I always found to be an impressive amount of extra effort.

Top Bottom