• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arkham Knight up for Pre-Order on Nuuvem (Steam Key, $28) no region lock

Salsa

http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/2793-batman-arkham-knight

been waiting for this

tumblr_mjmubwASOi1qko4x4o1_500.gif

edit: apparently no need to use a VPN

As with GTAV you have to use a VPN in order to buy the game. Like Hola.

To quote Compsiox from the GTAV thread:

Hola VPN:
http://hola.org/
-Change to Brazil or Chile
-Turn off before paying through Paypal

So far it works if you live in:
US, UK, Spain,.... (available from more countries not listed yet)

Also like with GTAV I can help out with buying it (as can anyone from latin america) if you don't wanna deal with VPN stuff. Shoot me a pm. Altho keep in mind the keys are probably not given right away and will come out near release.

-Deimos

Looks like I can add to cart and checkout without using a vpn. If we aren't getting the keys right away, I think I'll wait until closer to release to buy it.

MUnited83

For you.
Just a headsup Salsa:

You do not need a VPN to buy this.It will go through just fine without. (which is great because if WB decides to region lock it for some reason, Nuuvem will have no issues refunding you)

Fat4all

Banned
Knew it would be a matter of time before someone challenged GMG by offering even better deals.

The free market is strong.

RPGCrazied

Whoa, wish my PC could run this, but alas I'm not a digital gamer, I like my physical media. I'll stick with my PS4 LE.

SliChillax

Thank you so much for the heads up, bought.
Can anyone help me, when I pay it's asking for CPF and CEP, what's that?
Edit: Fixed it, just used Paypal instead.

Tovarisc

Now I can't, but wonder why they put safeguards into place only for GTAV. Can't purchase it anymore, not even with VPN.

Salsa

How can Nuuvem sell new games for so cheap anyways?

it's just the price in brazil, they're not necessarely selling it for much cheaper there

but whereas steam games are region locked to run and gift; most cd keys arent, so this works

what's weird about this one is not having to use a VPN to buy it, but I expect that to change soon

Dang, if only I hadn't bought it on GMG months ago with a 30% off coupon.

How can Nuuvem sell new games for so cheap anyways?

It's headquartered in Brazil and primarily caters to the PC gaming market there. In developing countries, the price of games is typically lower because of average income differences.

The typical "AAA" release goes for 99,99 Brazilian real on Nuuvem.

Edit: Beaten.

Dsyndrome

How long does it take to validate a new account? It's says validating at the email, username, and login forever.

Here we go again with making shit hot :'( why salsa, why?

Its good for the folks who pay insane prices tho like the guy below me, lol 70 my ass

zychi

Banned
after you order in "your games" it shows the cover art with the harley quinn dlc. so not sure if its included or not, but reddit claims it is.

inky

Dammn man, $70? Wheres that at?

Mexico.

Our currency is taking a beating and WB pretty much just matched retail prices since Steam changed the storefront to local currency.

Most games are way cheaper (Witcher 3 is $30 for example) but WB is shitty like that and doesn't give a fuck.

Corpekata

Banned
In the one case where they retroactively blocked something I bought Nuuvem actually forcibly refunded me so yeah, shouldn't be a problem.

Salsa

they won't retroactively block it, and if so like said there's always refunds

what they will probably do is lock the purchase behind a VPN like with other games. Seems like an oversight / mistake in this case.

Top Bottom