• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight's Batgirl DLC releasing July 21st, made by Warner Montreal

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Eurogamer said:
Warner Bros. Interactive will release Batman: Arkham Knight story add-on Batgirl: A Matter of Family on 21st July for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

There's no mention of a PC release - which isn't surprising, since Arkham Knight's PC version has been withdrawn from further sale due to its "significant" technical issues.

The Batgirl pack costs £5.79, or is free to all owners of the Arkham Knight season pass. Season pass holders will also get the DLC a week earlier, on 14th July.

Its story is set prior to Arkham Asylum, and also features Robin for take-downs.

The add-on was developed by Batman Arkham Oranges developer Warner Bros. Montreal, not the Arkham trilogy developer Rocksteady.

But all remaining DLC will come from Rocksteady, Warner Bros. stressed.
Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-07-03-batman-arkham-knight-batgirl-dlc-dated-priced

Xater

Arkham Oranges sounds like a game I need to play.

Hopefully this will be better than the pre-order stuff which was kind of terrible.

charsace

Releasing DLC when I am one of the many PC gamers that can't play the game without the memory leaking and the game crashing? Amazing WB.

erawsd

Will this also be 10 minutes long like the Harley Quinn DLC?

Thats exactly what you should expect. Since they had Montreal working on it maybe it'll be decent though.

Releasing DLC when I am one of the many PC gamers that can't play the game without the memory leaking and the game crashing? Amazing WB.

Its not like theres one guy working on this stuff. In fact, this DLC is being done by an entirely separate studio.

KDC720

Will this also be 10 minutes long like the Harley Quinn DLC?

If this is anything like Harley Quinn from City, or the Mr. Freeze DLC in Origins, then it's probably 2 to 4 hours long.

EDIT: Although that price does seem to suggest otherwise, I think the other two story DLCs were like 10 bucks each.

munchie64

Something seems so weird about this taking place 1 week before Asylum.
Yeah means Killing Joke happens LESS than one week before lol.

Remember how Joker was also being brought in for something completely different in that game too?

£5.79 is super cheap. Isn't the season pass over £30? This probably isn't the only story DLC planned then, I guess?

Arkham Oranges lol.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Huh. I really expected this to be the absolute last piece of DLC released, not the first.

£5? So it's gonna 15 mins long like the Harley and Red Hood DLC?

God damn, how can such a good game have so much shit surrounding it? Warner are mental. Truly the Wests answer to Konami.

Huh. I really expected this to be the absolute last piece of DLC released, not the first.

They're selling a $40 season pass and you expected this to the last DLC? Huh? Especially when they said new content for at least 6 months. Failure is on you here.

GavinUK86

9RbMTSW.png

Alienous

They're doing a 'Season of Infamy' DLC starring Batman that sounds like an Arkham Knight 0.5 based on the villains that seemed to be leaked for it, so I think they're wrapping on that.

More content is welcome, but damn I wanted the challenge maps to come first.

Anyone bringing up Red Hood/Harley dlc - really? You're going to compare what was originally intended to be a handful of challenge maps and came free with preorders to this?

Alienous

More content is welcome, but damn I wanted the challenge maps to come first.

Anyone bringing up Red Hood/Harley dlc - really? You're going to compare what was originally intended to be a handful of challenge maps and came free with preorders to this?

This doesn't sound like premium DLC, so I'm a bit worried also.

If Warner Bros don't think they can charge $15/£10 for it then it might be on the small side, like those DLCs. This is the publisher that brought us Evolve, after all.

This doesn't sound like premium DLC, so I'm a bit worried also.

If Warner Bros don't think they can charge $15/£10 for it then it might be on the small side, like those DLCs. This is the publisher that brought us Evolve, after all.

That was 2K's doing.

KDC720

Lol Quinn's dlc was 30 minutes long. I haven't played freeze yet though

True, Quinn was really short, I did it in like an hour my first time through taking my time. Freeze was longer though, and if Montreal is doing Batgirl as well then I'd expect it to be in the same ballpark as that lengthwise.

erawsd

They're doing a 'Season of Infamy' DLC starring Batman that sounds like an Arkham Knight 0.5 based on the villains that seemed to be leaked for it, so I think they're wrapping on that.

Theyre are releasing like 6 packs.

Batgirl: A Matter of Family
An all new prequel story expansion in an entirely new location where you play as Batgirl for the very first time in the Arkham series - check out the first render of Batgirl.

The Season of Infamy
Play as Batman in all new story missions featuring legendary super-villains invading Gotham City, with new story arcs, missions and gameplay features.

Gotham City Stories
Play as Batman’s key allies in narrative missions extending their storylines, from both before and after the events in Batman: Arkham Knight.

Legendary Batmobiles with Themed Tracks
Drive the most iconic Batmobiles from Batman’s 75-year history, on custom-built race tracks, each themed to that Batmobile’s specific era. Every Batmobile will be drivable across every race track.

Crimefighter Challenge Maps
Engage in a series of new challenge maps utilizing the unique play styles of Batman and his allies.

Character Skins
A variety of skins from across the eras for Batman, Robin, Nightwing and Catwoman. As we fully ramp up development on the Season Pass, we will be sharing even more details on each monthly content drop. We hope you enjoy playing Batman: Arkham Knight as much as we’ve enjoyed making it."

Oh man. I got hyped for a second when it said Robin. I was thinking Dick Grayson, but they probably mean stupid ass Tim.

Stupid Tim.

Top Bottom