• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight's Batgirl DLC releasing July 21st, made by Warner Montreal

Luke_Wal

This doesn't sound like premium DLC, so I'm a bit worried also.

If Warner Bros don't think they can charge $15/£10 for it then it might be on the small side, like those DLCs. This is the publisher that brought us Evolve, after all.

Evolve is a 2K game, yo! But I do agree with your point; $5 DLC seems to raise a few flags. I would really love to see a $15/$20 piece equivalent to Harley Quinn's Revenge for Arkham City. That was a great piece of DLC. Granted, I've already bought the Season Pass, but I hope to see something big come out of it.

Not having Rocksteady on the DLC seems like a cop out. I bought AK specifically because it was a Rocksteady Batman game, and considered the Season Pass as more of the same. Had I bought that, and was then presented with something from the masterful developers of Batman: Arkham Oranges, I'd be pissed

Vire

Not having Rocksteady on the DLC seems like a cop out. I bought AK specifically because it was a Rocksteady Batman game, and considered the Season Pass as more of the same. Had I bought that, and was then presented with something from the masterful developers of Batman: Arkham Oranges, I'd be pissed
Pretty amazing how publishers keep outsourcing DLC without telling the consumer. Halo 4 maps were pretty terrible and outsourced as well.

neoism

The add-on was developed by Batman Arkham Oranges developer Warner Bros. Montreal, not the Arkham trilogy developer Rocksteady.

:/ looks like the whole dlc will be probably.... glad im skipping it.. would love yo play as B girl though....

stephen08

I'll reserve judgement until I play it but my concerns are the developer and the price. I was hoping for a decently sized Batgirl storyline but I don't trust WB Montreal to deliver on the scope of the pack I had in mind. Much less so when it costs this much. I worry it is going to be the same length as the Harley Quinn pack.

EDIT: I didn't even think about this but it probably means WB Montreal is designing the character. UGH. They better have stepped up their game from the remote claw and shock gloves design philosophy. Also, Batgirl better fight just as smoothly as the rest of the characters. I don't know how they messed up the combat in Origins where it was just off a lot of the time but they better not do it here.

AHA-Lambda

They outsourced the most advertised piece of DLC and Rocksteady will do the rest?

Hmm, I don't feel right hearing this. This better not be another con like SoM's season pass.

The fact that this DLC has 8 trophies instead of 1 like the other stories and that there is side quests gives me hope that it will be longer

You guys know this is a full expansion, right?

Like, Harley Quinn's Revenge and Cold, Cold Heart?

This isn't anything like the Red Hood pack or Harley Quinn's pack.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Lol Quinn's dlc was 30 minutes long. I haven't played freeze yet though

Cold cold heart dlc took me around 3 hours, add in a bit longer if you 100% the collectibles. Felt a bit rushed with some very unpolished cutscenes, particularly during certain conversation moments.

I really hate these bite sized DLC expansions, give me something substantial or I'll take nothing.

I am curious to see what WB Montreal does with a second shot at the series though.

Oh hey, Montreal's behind this pack. That explains Batgirl's design being pretty great.

And yeah, dunno why everyone's freaking out about the length. The trophy set indicates something more along the lines of Harley Quinn's Revenge and Cold, Cold Heart, as far as length is concerned.

You're right.

Hmm, I wonder why I thought that. I'm sure there was something connecting Warner Bros with shitty DLC.

Shadow of Mordor didn't have shitty DLC practices, but it had DLC packs that were shit

Dying Light had the vs multiplayer locked behind preorders and none of the DLC was any good for that one either, I believe.

On topic, this sucks. I got the season pass for like 24 bucks thanks to GMG but if I would have known that it was going to be throw away shit like the 10 minute harley/red hood dlc, and no challenge maps, and montreal was making the shit I had SOME interest in, I wouldn't have bought it at all

Well when you put out incredibly half-baked pieces of DLC, you reap what you sow.
Not all DLC is created equal. The Harley and Red Hood missions were free preorder bonuses. The Batgirl DLC is not free and much more substantial. Takes like 30 seconds of research to figure that out.

With how straight forward knight's story was I expect the origins guys to do a better job with this dlc then the main game itself, will have to wait and see.

I like how some of you act as if it's confirmed to be the same length as the red hood and Hatley packs. All you have to go on is the price, stop jumping to conclusions without having enough information to do so.

Love the design of the Arkham Batgirl.

batgirl-970x545.jpeg

bobawesome

Not all DLC is created equal. The Harley and Red Hood missions were free preorder bonuses. The Batgirl DLC is not free and much more substantial. Takes like 30 seconds of research to figure that out.

It's embarrassing that people keep comparing those two to the Batgirl DLC. I have to wonder what people were expecting out of them.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
They're selling a $40 season pass and you expected this to the last DLC? Huh? Especially when they said new content for at least 6 months. Failure is on you here.
Umm, yes? It seemed like this would be the biggest single piece of DLC and require the most time. Just like the Harley Quinn's Revenge and Cold, Cold Heart were more sizable and released at the end of the DLC rollouts.

AHA-Lambda

You guys know this is a full expansion, right?

Like, Harley Quinn's Revenge and Cold, Cold Heart?

This isn't anything like the Red Hood pack or Harley Quinn's pack.

Yeah, but my worry is that Rocksteady was obviously too busy for the main expansion of the game that was the most advertised piece of the season pass, but will handle the rest?

What does that say about the rest of the season pass?

Alienous

Yep. Same price as Cold Cold Heart for Origins and the Harley thing for AC.

I guess you're right. I was sure those were $15/£10 DLCs.

So it could be substantial, like what Cold, Cold Heart seemed to be when I watched it being played.

Hopefully we get a trailer soon.

erawsd

Umm, yes? It seemed like this would be the biggest single piece of DLC and require the most time. Just like the Harley Quinn's Revenge and Cold, Cold Heart were more sizable and released at the end of the DLC rollouts.

Theyve been advertising this one the most exactly because it was to be the first. There are 2 more story packs to come.

Well one good thing to come of this is you'll be able to use her in free roam mode with that mod that lets you free roam with like 9 other characters.

Yeah, but my worry is that Rocksteady was obviously too busy for the main expansion of the game that was the most advertised piece of the season pass, but will handle the rest?

Maybe it was always gonna be WB Montreal that would be handling this DLC because it was a bigger effort then Rocksteady could handle for the time being

delSai

I should probably finish the main story already. I will wait for some impressions before buying the DLC. More content for my GOTY so far is a good thing, but if it sucks i don't need it.

I have to wonder if the PC fix will be done in time for the DLC, and, if not, how they're going to handle it for the people who still have the game in their library.

Going by this from IGNs article on the DLC it seems much more substantial then the Red Hood and Harley packs

"It takes place in an all new location, with multiple missions, side quests and secrets. There is also a new hacking mechanic for you to solve puzzles with. Additionally, there is Dual Play functionality with Robin to perform dynamic take down moves."

Toa TAK

Banned
Really excited for this. Hopefully it'll be clear of glitches or problems.

This is the only DLC I'm looking forward to in this game.

Skunkers

It says we'll have two great full development teams working on add-on content, instead of it all being stretched across one?

Top Bottom