• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight's Batgirl DLC releasing July 21st, made by Warner Montreal

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
No mention of PC, guess they aren't expecting to have the game fixed by then :/

Was Arkham Oranges any good? Only played Arkham Apples
It had a better story but worse gameplay than Arkham Coconut.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Love the design of the Arkham Batgirl.

batgirl-970x545.jpeg

Awesome. Arkham Origin vibes. Loved WB Montreal's work, on both the main game and the Mr. Freeze origin DLC. Sold.

The ceiling for this is Cold Cold Heart, a 2-3 hour meaty expansion on the usual Arkham formula, but with a new narrative thrust and unique situations exclusive to the DLC. Plus all those lovely new Batgirl animations.

The floor being Harley's Revenge, which was just a waste of time and money.

I seem to remember Barbara Gordon had already retired as Batgirl by the time Killing Joke came along. They were cutting down on sidekicks in the 80s.

Cold, Cold Heart was exactly the kind of thing I was hoping for with Batman DLC. Hopefully this being made by WB Montreal means it'll be good too.

sleepykyo

There's no mention of a PC release - which isn't surprising, since Arkham Knight's PC version has been withdrawn from further sale due to its "significant" technical issues.

Guess I can uninstall AK for now then.

Neiteio

If reviews of this are good, I'll probably buy the whole Season Pass.

If it's just another Harley's Revenge... Eh...

charsace

Thats exactly what you should expect. Since they had Montreal working on it maybe it'll be decent though.

Its not like theres one guy working on this stuff. In fact, this DLC is being done by an entirely separate studio.

I know this. Still pissed off to see the DLC rolling out. The broken PC game effects a lot of people. To the point where the pulled the PC version from the shelves. And they are still releasing the DLC before the fix this huge problem.

Fury451

Banned
The ceiling for this is Cold Cold Heart, a 2-3 hour meaty expansion on the usual Arkham formula, but with a new narrative thrust and unique situations exclusive to the DLC. Plus all those lovely new Batgirl animations.

The floor being Harley's Revenge, which was just a waste of time and money.

Red Hood was the floor. Could be done in like 5-8 minutes if you know how to take on the "boss battle". At least Harley had her rage mode thing to make her a bit different.

The low price is worrying.

I wouldn't be. They're planning quite a few packs, so the thinking is probably to charge a little bit less for each one. That way it won't exceed the price of the season pass, but also people will be more enticed to buy them freely.

Doesn't mean that it will be extra short on content necessarily.

erawsd

I know this. Still pissed off to see the DLC rolling out. The broken PC game effects a lot of people. To the point where the pulled the PC version from the shelves. And they are still releasing the DLC before the fix this huge problem.

Yeah but they've also got obligations to people who bought those season passes that promises 6 months of post release content.

charsace

Yeah but they've also got obligations to people who bought those season passes that promises 6 months of post release content.

I bought the season pass on pc like many others and right now the game is completely unplayable. If I could return the game and the season pass I would.

All I can do is sit back and wait and hope they work this bullshit out so I can play through the base game before the DLC comes. I took a day off when this fucking game released and couldn't play it. The patch did fuck all for me because this game is still a glitchy pile of shit that crashes at random, crashes when I try to run test in options, and crashes for challenges. The only thing I could play through was the Harley Quinn DLC and that is because it takes 15 minutes.

SlickVic

People keep saying that it's a $5 DLC. Isn't £5.79 closer to $9-10?

They confirmed it's $6.99 over here.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/batman-arkham-knights-first-dlc-gets-release-date-/1100-6428630/

I won't speculate on the amount of content since we'll know soon enough. I really hope this is good as this is the only DLC for the game I'm really looking forward to. Perhaps the other story DLC could turn out better, but I'd love to see them get Batgirl right.

erawsd

I bought the season pass on pc like many others and right now the game is completely unplayable. If I could return the game and the season pass I would.

All I can do is sit back and wait and hope they work this bullshit out so I can play through the base game before the DLC comes. I took a day off when this fucking game released and couldn't play it. The patch did fuck all for me because this game is still a glitchy pile of shit that crashes at random, crashes when I try to run test in options, and crashes for challenges. The only thing I could play through was the Harley Quinn DLC and that is because it takes 15 minutes.

Right, I'm not saying that the PC version isn't fucked beyond measure. All I'm saying is that the work put into this DLC isn't going to change that and it'd be unfair to break their obligation to the console audience who've already bought into the 6 months of post release support.

Besides that, this thing isn't out for another 3 weeks or so, I'd hope Rocksteady+IG will have accomplished something before then. On top of that I hope they offer some additional compensation.

scott!

Neo Member
me me me my my my
It's super-shitty that you're unable to play something you bought and paid good money for. It really is. It's also super-shitty of you to act so selfish that you'd prefer people that can/are enjoying the game and its content not be able to get more of it when it's already ready to go, simply because you can't.

Barbara's identity as Batgirl is made very clear in Arkham Knight.
If you are into solving the Riddler's riddles, that is.

I've gone three games without giving a shit about
the Riddler's inane bullshit
and I'm not about to start now dammit!

Although I did just remember she said something about how
it's "almost like being back in the field" when she's helping you with all the drone tanks in front of GCPD.

VanWinkle

Huh. The season pass is $40, and this was the only "expansion" so I figured this would make up a bigger portion of the price. Now I'm worried that it's insubstantial.

stephen08

Set prior to the events in the first game in Rocksteady's Batman trilogy, this add-on will place Batgirl in a new location with multiple missions, side quests, and secrets. Featured within the game is a new hacking feature, as well as Dual Play functionality with Robin.

See that sounds good but I just don't see how it will be $6 and offer all of that.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
WB Montreal is good news since Origins missions were really good. but Babs as the Batgirl is just... she is really not an interesting Batgirl at all.

Cassandra Cain the the superior Batgirl, She is the best melee fighter of the entire Bat clan too (on par with her mother) and also a sword fighter on par with Katana. it's crazy that we don't get her in Arkham series. Freeflow system will be amazing with her ability to read movements and body language and her super speed.

Even though the main game is awesome, still not gonna bite it. This is a shitty deal, the whole season pass is just a ripoff. No, no, no. I'll just finish the main game and move on with something new.

GeeTeeCee

£5.79 seems abnormally low if the DLC is of the same size/quality as Harley Quinn's Revenge & Cold, Cold Heart (which I think was about £8?). Then again, I'll take suspiciously low pricing over Bungie's "fuck your exchange rate" pricing strategy any day.

AHA-Lambda

Huh. The season pass is $40, and this was the only "expansion" so I figured this would make up a bigger portion of the price. Now I'm worried that it's insubstantial.

Same, this was the biggest advertised piece of DLC in it, I'm worried about the rest.

Alienous

There's another 'expansion', the 'Season of Infamy' DLC.

But yeah, considering the price of the season pass I expected this to cost more. But its pricing seems in line with Cold, Cold Heart, which was quite expansive.

Hopefully we get a trailer soon to get a sense of the quality and scope.

worst batgirl
Agreed. Stephanie would have been better. Even Cassie would have been awesome, but that's never going to happen.

WB Montreal is good news since Origins missions were really good. but Babs as the Batgirl is just... she is really not an interesting Batgirl at all.

Cassandra Cain the the superior Batgirl, She is the best melee fighter of the entire Bat clan too (on par with her mother) and also a sword fighter on par with Katana. it's crazy that we don't get her in Arkham series. Freeflow system will be amazing with her ability to read movements and body language and her super speed.
DC wants to forget she exists don't expect to see her represented in any major way.

Top Bottom