• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight's Batgirl DLC releasing July 21st, made by Warner Montreal

Arkham Acai
Arkham Citrus
Arkham Oranges
Arkham... Nutmeg? Nectarine, maybe?

EDIT - What a dumb post to start a new page with

Goose_7

Banned
I purchased the season pass as soon as it was announced. When it comes to Batman I'm all in. Not disappointed that Rocksteady isn't developing this, but it does make sense for WB Montreal to take this on.

I hope it's not buggy like Arkham Origins. WB Montreal gets lots of flak for Arkham Origins but it was a solid game in it's own right. Only when compared to Rocksteady's other offerings did it fall flat.

"Arkham Oranges" and then "Arkham Apples" gave me a good hearty laugh. Good funny shit.

Arkham Acai
Arkham Citrus
Arkham Oranges
Arkham... Nutmeg? Nectarine, maybe?

EDIT - What a dumb post to start a new page with

And no, I disagree actually. As soon as I posted and saw your post I laughed even more.

Defcon_2Fast4u

Neo Member
It had better be at least 3 hours long.

These story DLCs that we got for Harley and Red Hood were entirely too short for the hype.

I was really disappointed with the lack of effort on their ends.

They did an amazing job with Origins, or as they love to call Oranges apparently, so I have hope for a solid story line at least.

So that means there will be an actual boss fight.
Cool.

Kinda sad to see no big outlet nor independent reviewer called them out on this. Pretty dissappointing specially considering that the premise was that everyone had teamed up to beat the Batman, only for all mayor villains to be left to DLC and specially considering Rocksteady was the developer behind the awesome boss fight against Mr.Freeze in Arkham City.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
I guess Arkham Orange is the new black?

I had gone on to the next page but I had good delayed chuckle and thus returned and scrolled back all the way down to bestow you with a golf clap.

golfclap01kq5.gif

Dominator

Simply looking at the trophy list (not knowing what those trophies were for until now), it seems like it'll be meatier than the Red Hood/Harley missions. Those simply had one trophy for completing, and theres a decent amount for this Batgirl DLC.

Alienous

If this takes place a week before Asylum, it'll probably be Tim.
What all Batgirl costumes were leaked?

A week? Where did that come from?

Batgirl's Oracle during Asylum. So, if somehow this DLC ended with Barbara being crippled, she would be Oracle within a week?

I get the impression this DLC takes place in her halcyon days of being Batgirl, not at its tragic end.

Blue Lou

The Montreal studio gets a bit of stick on here but I really enjoyed Arkham Origins. I'm looking forward to the DLC.

A week? Where did that come from?

Batgirl's Oracle during Asylum. So, if somehow this DLC ended with Barbara being crippled, she would be Oracle within a week?

I get the impression this DLC takes place in her halcyon days of being Batgirl, not at its tragic end.

I remember someone saying the Killing Joke happened like a week before Asylum.

Ramenman

I can't wait ! Though the fact that it takes place so many years early very likely means there will be little to no city-roaming at all as Batgirl, but it's not a huge deal.
(but what other way would they have to get Batgirl in there right :p )

Expecting something on the level of Harley Quinn's Revenge for Arkham City, which was very enjoyable.

I hope they don't wait for the PC "re release" to launch the PC DLC... (some of us are still playing it, even with half-crappy performances).

I remember someone saying the Killing Joke happened like a week before Asylum.

Oh so it's the "getting shot by joker" DLC ? eh.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
WB Montreal has proven that they are the best at adapting comic book stories. Both Origins and Cold Cold Heart were very loyal to the Batman comics. Still can't trust them on the gameplay department though, the level design of Origins was meh and they pretty much copy-pasted the gameplay from AC without introducing anything new, except two gadgets that broke the game. Hope that Batgirl doesn't end up being some lazy copy paste of Catwoman

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
It had better be at least 3 hours long.

Closest comparable would be the Harley Quinn Revenge epilogue DLC campaign for Arkham City, and the Mr. Freeze campaign DLC for Origins. Both lasted 2-4 hours depending on how invested you were in the side stuff(mostly collectibles).

The slight pre-order bonus campaigns in Knight aren't quite the same(especially given Batgirl is the first litmus test for the value of this $40 Season Pass). Though we'll soon find out.

Closest comparable would be the Harley Quinn Revenge epilogue DLC campaign for Arkham City, and the Mr. Freeze campaign DLC for Origins. Both lasted 2-4 hours depending on how invested you were in the side stuff(mostly collectibles).

The slight pre-order bonus campaigns in Knight aren't quite the same(especially given Batgirl is the first litmus test for the value of this $40 Season Pass). Though we'll soon find out.

HQR was in no way as long as cold cold heart, easily half.

Sanke__

As far as the price goes
If mortal Kombat is any indication than $40 is not a discounted price unless you include all the cosmetic DLC
But also mortal Kombat charging $5 per character is pretty reasonable so if WB values a fighting game character at $5 than hopefully this DLC will be decent sized

Also all the leaks seem to point to one of the DLCs (and not the batgirl one) being of substantial size
Also really hope these DLCs are a good chance for them to balance out the game with some more non batmobile boss fights

JohngPR

WB Montreal has proven that they are the best at adapting comic book stories. Both Origins and Cold Cold Heart were very loyal to the Batman comics. Still can't trust them on the gameplay department though, the level design of Origins was meh and they pretty much copy-pasted the gameplay from AC without introducing anything new, except two gadgets that broke the game. Hope that Batgirl doesn't end up being some lazy copy paste of Catwoman

The rewindy detective stuff they added to the game was really cool...cool enough that Rocksteady used it in AK.

Someone on the Arkhamverse board opined that the Season of Infamy pack consists of additional Most Wanted side missions that had been cut out in order to be sold as DLC. If this is the case, can someone explain how it's going to be weaved back into the main game? Will it be on a separate file like the Harley Quinn and Red Hood packs, or will it be similar to Catwoman? I'm not talking about plot, because some of the side missions in the game hardly even factor into the main plot. I'm talking about on a programming level, how do you integrate DLC into the main game? I'm not familiar with how DLC works. The only DLC I've ever downloaded in the past were the Catwoman missions from Arkham City, but someone once claimed that they had been cut out of the physical copies of AC prior to its release.

erawsd

Someone on the Arkhamverse board opined that the Season of Infamy pack consists of additional Most Wanted side missions that had been cut out in order to be sold as DLC. If this is the case, can someone explain how it's going to be weaved back into the main game? Will it be on a separate file like the Harley Quinn and Red Hood packs, or will it be similar to Catwoman? I'm not talking about plot, because some of the side missions in the game hardly even factor into the main plot. I'm talking about on a programming level, how do you integrate DLC into the main game? I'm not familiar with how DLC works. The only DLC I've ever downloaded in the past were the Catwoman missions from Arkham City, but someone once claimed that they had been cut out of the physical copies of AC prior to its release.

My guess is that all the story DLC will be under the same menu option as the Harley/Red Hood episodes. As far as it being cut content, people say that about all DLC. As long as youre happy with whats in the base game then its not worth worrying about.

My guess is that all the story DLC will be under the same menu option as the Harley/Red Hood episodes. As far as it being cut content, people say that about all DLC. As long as youre happy with whats in the base game then its not worth worrying about.

But this pack sounds like it's going to be more involved than the Quinn/Red Hood story packs. To be honest, I didn't really expect much out of them, given that they were free pre-order content. The Season of Infamy sounds like it will allow free roam over the map, unlike Batgirl: Matter of Family, and Gotham City Stories.

Also, what are the chances that Rocksteady has at least one more story pack that they plan to release when the inevitable GOTY comes out next year?

Walpurgis

Banned

Catwoman was cut content for people who bought the game used. It was out on release and came with a code in every new copy of Arkham City. Since the game had no multiplayer, it was WB's online pass.

erawsd

But this pack sounds like it's going to be more involved than the Quinn/Red Hood story packs. To be honest, I didn't really expect much out of them, given that they were free pre-order content. The Season of Infamy sounds like it will allow free roam over the map, so would it occupy a different select category?

Since this game doesn't allow for free roam after you get the real ending, it would be really counterintuitive to attach the DLC to the main story and force people to replay the game to access the new content. It makes more sense to put all the dlc story stuff into the "Arkham Episodes" category so that people can jump right in. The length of the content shouldn't matter.

Catwoman was cut content for people who bought the game used. It was out on release and came with a code in every new copy of Arkham City. Since the game had no multiplayer, it was WB's online pass.

Yep, Catwoman was an online pass. There was no question about what it was since WB prominently advertised it as such. With that passage Im referring the AKs DLC, which is all assumption.

Sojgat

If WB Montreal are making it, there might actually be a good boss fight in this DLC.

More excited for this than I was before. Oranges is still the best Arkham game.

KingBroly

Banned
If WB Montreal are making it, there might actually be a good boss fight in this DLC.

More excited for this than I was before. Oranges is still the best Arkham game.

I disagree. The combat feels wrong. You get punished too much for attacking first rather than dodging first whereas Asylum and City really gave you more freedom. The AI for Predator sequences are also terrible, but that's probably because the game is buggy as hell on PC where 5 thugs have the same path at once. Some don't even move so you can't sneak up on them. It's ridiculous.

At least the investigation stuff is miles ahead of anything Rocksteady's done. Give me a Crime Solving game with that stuff.

There's a chance Robin could be Jason right?
It depends on the Killing Joke and Death in the Family timeline but I just noticed something while replaying on NG+ (heavy base game spoilers)
When Barbara is abducted at the beginning, AK refers to her as Oracle. It can obviously be explained away by the fact AK is so deep within Bat's systems that he knows everything about his current affairs but it also opens up the possibility of Jason having known Barbara as Oracle at some point.

Or this is just wishful thinking on my part because I think it would make a better companion to the main game to see Jason as Robin

Sojgat

I disagree. The combat feels wrong. You get punished too much for attacking first rather than dodging first whereas Asylum and City really gave you more freedom. The AI for Predator sequences are also terrible, but that's probably because the game is buggy as hell on PC where 5 thugs have the same path at once. Some don't even move so you can't sneak up on them. It's ridiculous.

At least the investigation stuff is miles ahead of anything Rocksteady's done. Give me a Crime Solving game with that stuff.

The combat doesn't feel "wrong", it feels different. It has it's own rhythm to it. I actually prefer it.

It also has the best enemy variety of all the games. I was super disappointed that Knight has no martial artist type enemies.

Top Bottom