• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham Origins Box Art + New screens released [Up: Blackgate Art]

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
They are going all in on the bullshots I see.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
So no civilians or cars on the streets? This takes place in regular Gotham, not some locked down criminal zoo, no?

Ridley327

Anyone know if this may come to next gen?

If it was headed to next gen consoles, they would have mentioned it already, I think. With the rumors strongly suggesting that Rocksteady's next game being for next gen, there's little reason for this to be the franchise's debut on the PS4 and Durango.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
486263.jpg

Since they are going with Nolan style Bat mask then why still keeping the big bodybuilder Batman?they should go with a slimmer and more "realistic" body type for Batman imho.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
If it was headed to next gen consoles, they would have mentioned it already, I think. With the rumors strongly suggesting that Rocksteady's next game being for next gen, there's little reason for this to be the franchise's debut on the PS4 and Durango.

I disagree. They should probably keep quiet for now and get all the sales they can upfront with the current gen. Then a few months into next gen, drop in some quick ports, charge full price and tack on a few more sales.

D-e-f-

Banned
I disagree. They should probably keep quiet for now and get all the sales they can upfront with the current gen. Then a few months into next gen, drop in some quick ports, charge full price and tack on a few more sales.

Dem late ports.

Vidpixel

I don't really mind CGI trailers like this, but when they ask you to preorder the game without even showing you any gameplay at all, I just sit there and think, "Uh, no thanks."

Ushae

Banned

That would make sense business wise.

Denzar

Well, it might not be Rocksteady but almost everything I've read so far has me stoked.

Troy Baker doing the Joker? We'll have to see about that.

.GqueB.

Banned
Would love a detective system similar to what we got with Condemned 2. I was engaged as FUCK during those scenarios. Really well done.

D-e-f-

Banned
Looks as if the screens are supersampled a ton though, so probably technically still bullshots. :p

Or it's running on SEGA Mercury, their secret re-entry into the console race and next-next-gen console. Mercury, you've ever been this close to the sun! Graphics that melt your face off!

What the hell is happening here? Batman blowing thugs to pieces?

They did say he was more ruthless and just starting off his work as Batman. He's not as alert or able to kick ass all around him just yet so he needs to resort to more clumsy tactics. He's not the veteran he is later and if he ran in to fight them hand to hand he'd likely die.

Can someone explain what this game is? It's not made by Rocksteady anymore right? But it's a continuation of the Arkham games? Didn't they announce this game and a 2D game alongside it? I feel like playing all the Arkham games now. Dat boxart.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Black Mask has alot of money to throw away. Hires 6 more assassins after you hire Deathstroke and Deadshot? Overtkill ;)

Can someone explain what this game is? It's not made by Rocksteady anymore right? But it's a continuation of the Arkham games? Didn't they announce this game and a 2D game alongside it? I feel like playing all the Arkham games now. Dat boxart.

It's a prequel. You got everything else correct.

Cautiously optimistic about this one. I thought asylum was amazing. City not so much because the story was stupid and your choices worked against the narrative completely and deflated any sense of urgency.

I'll admit to being sceptical at first, but I'm getting more and more convinced this is going to be good.

And Black Mask is the main villain. He's like, my second favourite villain (behind Hush.)

D-e-f-

Banned
mmm... the color seems weird? is that real? or a bad photoshop?

Have you never seen Wii U boxes during the launch time? It has to do with color coding and the image format used. When I tried uploading the regular non-eye-cancer-inducing blue box arts to the giant bomb wiki for example, they all turned out like that ugly Italian box because the source file was a .tiff file.

This is what all Wii U game cases look like:

Top Bottom