• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman [Mafia] |OT| The mafia game Gafia deserves , but not the one it needs

Sorian

Banned
Well, I consider that as further evidence for my Sorian/weemadarthur/Fireblend theory. No idea who else could be mafia. Xam?

Do you honestly think that if I was scum I would have went out of my way to town read two of my teammates the entire game? What kind of amateur do you take me for?

Actually, the jumping through hoops comment was because this post was so dumb that it made me laugh:

The meow at the end was the hoop I was talking about, adding an extra useless thing to get the rhyme. And yay, your first gambit, you are well on your way to losing games just like Kark.

How do you scumhunt?

In Princesses, it turned out that mostly everyone being mean to me were scum.

I don't know if that will carry across to other games, but it's a start. So I talk to people and see how they respond.
See? My method works.

Camjo-Z

Welcome to #myfirstgambit.

I'm in control of the limerick curse.

What do I mean? Hmm, it could be that I made it up. Or I'm town/neutral and I can cast this restriction on myself. Or I'm mafia and I have it out for Sorian, but instead of just shooting him in the night, I want town to kill him for me. But not just Sorian. Also ty4on and launchpad. Am I a three person lyncher? Nope.

spoilers: it's not a fucking gambit if you tell everybody what you're doing before you've actually achieved something demonstrable

a device, action, or opening remark, typically one entailing a degree of risk, that is calculated to gain an advantage.

action: check
risk: check
advantage: ???

this post sponsored by the committee for better mafia gambits

Sorian

Banned
See? My method works.

It doesn't apparently but I know you won't believe that until you see the town flip. What was the end game of your gambit then? Just see who didn't believe it was scum-aligned and point the finger? (Though you then point to a posts that doesn't even indicate that anyway)

spoilers: it's not a fucking gambit if you tell everybody what you're doing before you've actually achieved something demonstrable

action: check
risk: check
advantage: ???

this post sponsored by the committee for better mafia gambits

I waited to see who would strongly push back against the poetry.

That turned out to be Ty4on and Sorian.

Both had previously supported the poetry, so it was a change in their behaviors.

If you don't think it's a strong enough argument, then move your vote. But what proof of Scum Sorian do you expect to get? I am sharing what I have. If it turns out to be useless, sorry for playing. It didn't hurt anyone.

Sorian

Banned
I waited to see who would strongly push back against the poetry.

That turned out to be Ty4on and Sorian.

Both had previously supported the poetry, so it was a change in their behaviors.

If you don't think it's a strong enough argument, then move your vote. But what proof of Scum Sorian do you expect to get? I am sharing what I have. If it turns out to be useless, sorry for playing. It didn't hurt anyone.

Bad play and a lack of supporting evidence tend to change people's behaviors.

roytheone

Day 4 votes

coppanuva (2)
sorian 2388
xamtheking 2394 (2567)
fireblend 2450 (2608)
karu 2503

sorian (5)
camjo-z 2420
weemadarthur 2423 (2493)
coppanuva 2433
cornburrito 2477
el topo 2547
weemadarthur 2561
launchpadmcq 2563 (2612)

weemadarthur (0)
el topo 2448 (2547)
ty4on 2451 (2482)

fireblend (0)
ty4on 2482 (2537)

ty4on (2)
launchpadmcq 2498 (2563)
xamtheking 2567
fireblend 2608

trigger (1)
ty4on 2537

7 votes are needed for majority!
bla_1460494800.png

Camjo-Z

Actually it kinda did, since my metagame balance arguments against Sorian get undermined just a tad when one of the alleged scum powers was totally fake. In fact, I was actually thinking that he was the limerick curse mafia, since it would explain why it wasn't seen until D3 since Kark blocked him N1. But nah, turns out a townie was lying because GAMBITS!!!!!

I'm just gonna leave for a while.

Actually it kinda did, since my metagame balance arguments against Sorian get undermined just a tad when one of the alleged scum powers was totally fake. In fact, I was actually thinking that he was the limerick curse mafia, since it would explain why it wasn't seen until D3 since Kark blocked him N1. But nah, turns out a townie was lying because GAMBITS!!!!!

And I'm sure you totally are bulletproof in addition to being mayor.

Sorian

Banned

Ignoring the obnoxious bickering, this is a good point, we now only know about one scum power so my old analysis that they mostly have annoying powers proves to be even further from the truth again.

Sorian

Banned
Sorian what are your thoughts on a ty4on vote?

I think Coppa is the non-town between Ty4on and him. They may both be but I've been scum reading Coppa all game and Ty4on has been mostly useful for the game. I could pretend that weemad found something but Ty4on was right, her limerick curse was getting sketchy today.

I think we have 3 scum
The Joker (duh) who uses his toxin
A watcher or tracker, maybe Manbat (i guess)
A vanilla scum (Harley Quinn?)

lol, this would be a terribly weak scum team. 3 scum with one as a goon? Nah. In this example, we could say Trigger was the scum tracker, that is still what you said above vs. a mayor, doctor, roleblocker, strong vig, role cop, and group alignment invest. No way.

I know I haven't been interacting with you much because Pop was mostly a null read and you've spent a lot of today arguing semantics with Karu but you seem pretty sold that Launch is telling the truth. Why?

Ty4on

Why? What's the alternative?
That he is town? He has homed in on a lot of townies and arguably lead the lynch on a powerful town power role.

I still want Trigger to post something, but for the time being.
VOTE: weemadarthur

I don't see why I should believe it was a town gambit when you didn't come clean until after I called you out. I'd also like to hear the rest of town's views on wee.

That he is town? He has homed in on a lot of townies and arguably lead the lynch on a powerful town power role.

I don't see why I should believe it was a town gambit when you didn't come clean until after I called you out. I'd also like to hear the rest of town's views on wee.

Because your (and Sorian's) tag team attack was the result I needed for the gambit to have run its course.

As camjo said, there needs to be an advantage reached. I believe I did reach it when you started working together to discredit me based on the extra information you are privy to: your scum roles.

I know I haven't been interacting with you much because Pop was mostly a null read and you've spent a lot of today arguing semantics with Karu but you seem pretty sold that Launch is telling the truth. Why?

On its own, I could see Launch doing a scum gambit with that list.

But then he backed up and said it might simply be that scum baited people with the Absolut kill and that he really only caught neutrals. I don't see that behavior lining up with a ScumLaunch gambit.

I think wee is town. His gambit is kind of... interesting. I don't think he really has as damning a case as he seems to believe. But that's sort of why I think he's town. Would his team (if he had one) really let him do this sort of crap?

Ty4on

I think wee is town. His gambit is kind of... interesting. I don't think he really has as damning a case as he seems to believe. But that's sort of why I think he's town. Would his team (if he had one) really let him do this sort of crap?

My biggest issue is the reaction. It seems like an obvious thing to me to reveal either at the start of the next day or just after I mentioned it. She waited an hour before she revealed that she hadn't been cursed and first tried to refute it.

Sorian

Banned
Town that thinks really highly of themselves

This is my assessment as well at the moment and I'll point to this as my point:

Because your (and Sorian's) tag team attack was the result I needed for the gambit to have run its course.

As camjo said, there needs to be an advantage reached. I believe I did reach it when you started working together to discredit me based on the extra information you are privy to: your scum roles.

No one used extra information to point out that you were full of shit. The complete lack of limericks today mixed with your spotty claim of what Roy said to you when you were "told" to do limericks was the tip off.

No one used extra information to point out that you were full of shit. The complete lack of limericks today mixed with your spotty claim of what Roy said to you when you were "told" to do limericks was the tip off.

We still have a player who hasn't checked in. That isn't a complete lack of limericks to any town member, who don't have multiple roles to compare to in the beginning of the game.

What role does Sorian have that makes it okay to bus Ty but there is such extreme pushback against Sorian going away?

Sorian

Banned
We still have a player who hasn't checked in. That isn't a complete lack of limericks to any town member, who don't have multiple roles to compare to in the beginning of the game.

What role does Sorian have that makes it okay to bus Ty but there is such extreme pushback against Sorian going away?

You prompted people to ask questions of you. I was waiting for Trigger but you asked and I obliged and then you just lined up all of the inconsistencies.

Sorian

Banned
Bumping the thread in hopes of drawing attention from the late night crowd. Hoping to hear from Trigger. I'm not going to ask who people want to vote for instead of me because I know that will go no where so instead I want to ask what are your intentions if I flip town, scum, or neutral. I want to be able to make good reads to leave with if I am going to die anyway. For what it is worth, all I am interested in today is Coppa for a lynch, I've let it sit for too long and that was my mistake. I should have stayed on it from the start and not backed down. It's increasingly clear to me that he is scum even if it isn't to all of you. As far as the town reads I've had all game, weemad seems more and more foolish town to me this game but I'll admit that Fire has been dropping off especially today. It looks to me like he might be scum preparing for a mixture of surprise and a very small amount of "I told you so" when I flip town. I'm not sure on that in the least but he has been coasting a lot in this game on goodwill and it's becoming more apparent as town dwindles with no scum deaths. Maybe another of my mistakes putting to much trust there. I don't know.

Karu

I'm not going to ask who people want to vote for instead of me because I know that will go no where so instead I want to ask what are your intentions if I flip town, scum, or neutral. I want to be able to make good reads to leave with if I am going to die anyway.
You flip Town: An information dump in exchange for your magical read list.
You flip Neutral: Why would you care? If you die, you probably loose..
You flip Scum: That information dump doesn't seem all that bad. Well... at least for your remaining companions, no?

Won't change my Vote, because danger of Turbo (which I categorically do not want), but ehhhhh...

El Topo

The possibility obviously exists if Launch is telling the truth since his ability finds "non-town" instead of "mafia"

No additional deaths, so we can rule out a serial killer.
No noticeable effects, except for a claimed limerick and a vote "thief", both only once and potentially scum.
Yeah, truly we should focus on whether there is a neutral.

Trigger

Sorry guys! I got really swamped this weekend with a friend's wedding.

So first thing's first:

I am Bruce Wayne AKA Batman. I'm tracker and (1-shot) night immune. Also, I was given the role name of one other player: Hugo Strange. Hugo Strange's goal is to get me to survive until Night 4, at which point I'll automatically die. I haven't been told if that's Hugo's win condition. I don't know what happens if Hugo survives. All I know is that Hugo is aware of my role. He (or she) knows that Trigger = Batman. The only way for me to survive past today is to lynch him. With that said I feel like I can explain a few of my actions:

- I voted for El Topo because I was willing to believe that someone else might have been given role information at game start. Some player out there knows that I'm town and Batman. Why couldn't Kark's Batcomputer have given him some information? I'm willing to bet that Hugo Strange is a neutral because if he were scum he could just tell his teammates to not target me at night.

-My gut told me that Coppa was either an investigative power or scum. If our role cop is dead and I'm town's tracker, how could there be any other investigative players aligned with us? I was also hoping that throwing myself into a somewhat controversial position would stir Hugo Strange into action.

My tracking results are this:

Night 1- I tracked Weem who visited no one.
Night 2- I tracked Coppa who visited Kark.
Night 3- I tracked CornBurrito who visited no one.

Well about that
I healed Trigger last night

I never received any notifcation of my one shot night immunity being used up. I don't see how I can still have my immunity if you healed me.

Vote: Xamtheking

El Topo

So if we have a one-shot immune role, a role blocker and the alternate night immune role (SkyOdin AKA Catwoman), would that finally be enough to rule out a doctor?

Sorry guys! I got really swamped this weekend with a friend's wedding.

So first thing's first:

I am Bruce Wayne AKA Batman. I'm tracker and (1-shot) night immune. Also, I was given the role name of one other player: Hugo Strange. Hugo Strange's goal is to get me to survive until Night 4, at which point I'll automatically die. I haven't been told if that's Hugo's win condition. I don't know what happens if Hugo survives. All I know is that Hugo is aware of my role. He (or she) knows that Trigger = Batman. The only way for me to survive past today is to lynch him. With that said I feel like I can explain a few of my actions:

- I voted for El Topo because I was willing to believe that someone else might have been given role information at game start. Some player out there knows that I'm town and Batman. Why couldn't Kark's Batcomputer have given him some information? I'm willing to bet that Hugo Strange is a neutral because if he were scum he could just tell his teammates to not target me at night.

-My gut told me that Coppa was either an investigative power or scum. If our role cop is dead and I'm town's tracker, how could there be any other investigative players aligned with us? I was also hoping that throwing myself into a somewhat controversial position would stir Hugo Strange into action.

My tracking results are this:

Night 1- I tracked Weem who visited no one.
Night 2- I tracked Coppa who visited Kark.
Night 3- I tracked CornBurrito who visited no one.

I never received any notifcation of my one shot night immunity being used up. I don't see how I can still have my immunity if you healed me.

Vote: Xamtheking

Your immunity gets used up regardless of what action is used on you?

Trigger

Your immunity gets used up regardless of what action is used on you?

You can't heal someone if they weren't killed, right? If I was killed and Xam healed me last night, I shouldn't still have my immunity. At least that's how I interpret things. I'm only immune to death, not roleblocking, limerick, etc.

You can't heal someone if they weren't killed, right? If I was killed and Xam healed me last night, I shouldn't still have my immunity. At least that's how I interpret things. I'm only immune to death, not roleblocking, limerick, etc.
So you have a 1-shot bulletproof, not a 1-shot target immunity?

Trigger

I'm exempt from a night kill.

Do you have any Hugo suspects?

My struggle is that there's multiple ways for Hugo to reach their goal. I'm assuming Hugo would defend me if I was in danger of being voted out. So maybe Sorian? He's argued several times in my favor when Weem tried to corner me. Of course, I was never leading in votes so Hugo could also just ignore defending me altogether.

Top Bottom