• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield: Hardline Gameplay Trailer leaked [Up: 6 month old build]

~~Hasan~~

Do you honestly think that's the final representation of the game? An internal PR trailer made specifically for press?

That's funny. I can't believe how many ignorant people are out there in video game land thinking alpha graphics are final graphics.

for their sake, lets hope that is Alpha. hell it doesn't even look like its running on Frostbite 3 engine. more like 2 :/

Looks fun to me. The thing about Battlefield is that it's image is so tarnished by the broke ass piece of shit they released last year that it is easy to overlook how awesome the game is when it works. Despite all of its problems, I got more enjoyment out that game than most others I bought last year.

TheCloser

Banned
Looks very meh. Honestly, it looks so rough and the graphics look worse than bf3. Looks like a mod and a rush job at that. Improved ai? My ass. The guy was just sniping in the video with the ai standing like pylons. Not really interested in paying $60 for a mod. After the debacle that was bf4, you would think that EA would want to take their time to deliver on quality but nope. They are determined to tarnish the bf name by releasing a mediocre looking mod for $60. The only part that looks interesting is the singleplayer. It sounds like it could be the first good campaign in franchise history.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
for their sake, lets hope that is Alpha. hell it doesn't even look like its running on Frostbite 3 engine. more like 2 :/

Are you that gullible though? Do you honestly look at that video and instantly think...these are the final graphics?

I dunno how old you are, but years and years of leaked early footage of games have been out and the graphics in them are NEVER the same as the final.

This happened with early leaked footage of BF3 and then the beta of BF4...people complained about the graphics and no amount of DICE telling everyone that they're not final graphics didn't seem to change anyone's minds...I just don't get how people can be so close-minded.

This isn't even the real name of the damn game for gosh sakes. Omaha...

vehicular pursuit could be tons of fun. Truly something missing from Payday but with BF physics and gameplay, it can be tons of fun if maps allows it

Are you that gullible though? Do you honestly look at that video and instantly think...these are the final graphics?

I dunno how old you are, but years and years of leaked early footage of games have been out and the graphics in them are NEVER the same as the final.

This happened with early leaked footage of BF3 and then the beta of BF4...people complained about the graphics and no amount of DICE telling everyone that they're not final graphics didn't seem to change anyone's minds...I just don't get how people can be so close-minded.

This.

I just realized the two splinters of Visceral are going head to head as the new blood for the two biggest FPS games of the year. So weird.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
The one guy in the brown leather jacket looks like the Daniel Recker character who dies in BF4.

battlefield_4-2238294.jpg

Rembrandt

Banned

Seriously, the OP should be updated with a big ass warning telling everyone this isn't what the game will actually look like. I got a feeling a lot of posts in this thread will be about the graphics primarily.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
I just realized the two splinters of Visceral are going head to head as the new blood for the two biggest FPS games of the year. So weird.

I'm gonna laugh my ass off if Visceral is able to out do DICE game design-wise. I think DICE have gotten worse of the past few Battlefield games as core designers. I'd love to see how another developer can take on the Battlefield franchise.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Seriously, the OP should be updated with a big ass warning telling everyone this isn't what the game will actually look like. I got a feeling a lot of posts in this thread will be about the graphics primarily.

Now I see why 343's Frankie O'Connor doesn't like leaks. They can go one of two ways, either hype everyone up and get the excitement level boiling to where people can't wait to buy the game, or it can do the opposite, create a shitstorm of negativty...i.e., calling alpha graphics the final graphics.

What other FPS is Visceral doing? As far as I know they're on Hardline, Star Wars and possibly that new IP.

A group of people that left are at Sledgehammer, so CoD.
Now I see why 343's Frankie O'Connor doesn't like leaks. They can go one of two ways, either hype everyone up and get the excitement level boiling to where people can't wait to buy the game, or it can do the opposite, create a shitstorm of negativty...i.e., calling alpha graphics the final graphics.

Because nobody reads and thinks everything is final.

jett

D-Member
That looked promising. I guess people at Visceral really enjoyed Payday, huh. Graphically seemed a step below BF4 at first glance

So that's it, is there anything left to leak about it?

Next week, the latest build of the game will leak.

~~Hasan~~

why you are defending this as if its your baby ? don't take shit seriously dude ok ? and if you do not like what I have to say then stop quoting me. I don't need childish comments about " how old are you ? " are you that Gullible" or whatever stuff inside your head. LoL @ you asking me how old am i on an internet forum. it seems video games is a serious business to you :/

a Trailer was leaked, whatever that is alpha as you pretend its or not. it doesn't look good. period. stop quoting people about it. when it looks better, we will agree on it being better.

you quote people as if we have something against the game and we want to trash it. sheesh

EDIT: the OP updated saying the video is not final which explain the " weird stuff" in the video. and with that i am happy again :)

luca_aros

Neo Member
I mean seriousl?! Is this their new way of announcing games or something?! no way this much info could be leaked so close to each other! COME ON NOW!

Theecliff

Banned
Looks very meh. Honestly, it looks so rough and the graphics look worse than bf3. Looks like a mod and a rush job at that. Improved ai? My ass. The guy was just sniping in the video with the ai standing like pylons. Not really interested in paying $60 for a mod. After the debacle that was bf4, you would think that EA would want to take their time to deliver on quality but nope. They are determined to tarnish the bf name by releasing a mediocre looking mod for $60. The only part that looks interesting is the singleplayer. It sounds like it could be the first good campaign in franchise history.
You're getting all of that from just this leaked trailer?

Anyway, read the thread. This is an internal trailer that wasn't meant to be shown to the public, hence why the narrator refers to the game as 'Omaha' (the codename for the game). The visuals in this trailer will not be final.

Arkanius

This looks fantastic. It invoked feelings to me of Counter Strike and Payday. I might feel tempted to throw money at EA. But I'll try to refrain myself.

Let's hope they learned something with Battlefield 4 (The game came with my GPU and I barely played it).

I feel bad for Visceral (typo?)

This is their E3 presentation,,,,

I actively dislike people who are the source of the leak. (Nothing wrong with sharing)

It is so anti climactic.

Holy shit this has me actually hyped. But for some reason it looks worse than BF4?

It looks worse because this video was not meant to be shown to the public. It's an internal EA video for showing the concept of the game as it's in development - which is why it's called by its codename.

todahawk

It's a lot of fun with friends, it does get repetitive though. It's directed by David Goldfarb (lead designer of BF3 and Bad Company 2), so you know the shooting is fun. You should give it a try next time it's on sale.

"Whaaat is loooove"

"Baby don't huurt me, don't hurt me..."

Bwahahahaha

I love me some HEAT and Die Hard… "Send in the car, send in the caaaaar"

icespide

Banned
I'm surprised how almost universally excited people are about this after how buggy and broken BF4 was. am I the only skeptical one?

Coolade

This is what I wanted payday 2 (or 3) to be like. This is perfect. I'll be picking this up more then likely. Some variation to go along with Far Cry 4 later this year in lieu of my inevitable COD advanced warfare binge.

In recent weeks there have been a lot of questions about why this industry is so secretive and why developers are so slow to show games. This thread does a good job of answering those questions.

I'm surprised how almost universally excited people are about this after how buggy and broken BF4 was. am I the only skeptical one?

Different developer. Visceral's far more known for polish than DICE.

todahawk

Hell naw.
No way I'm buying anything day 1 from EA after BF4. And after DS3 I want to know how they plan on monetizing the game with micro transactions.

Can't wait for the BF: Hardline Premium announcement and details /s

Top Bottom