• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield: Hardline Gameplay Trailer leaked [Up: 6 month old build]

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
ibnMUAIn5x0c9k.gif

Amazing.

Edit: Oh new page, needs context.

jim-carrey-gif-2.gif

I can dig this. Battlefield is great, but personally I'm not a vehicle fiend and feel that the heavy focus on them can weaken the focus/balance on infantry gameplay. This looks to remedy that. Please let us cook grenades though...

mcz117chief

What?

Bf is all about 64 players

I have played all the bettlefield games and not one ever worked with 64 players, it is a mess. Maximum player count should be 32-36 on the largest maps.

I play with friends on 16 player servers in Battlefield 2 and 2142 and there the game really shines the most.

sflufan

Banned
I hope that during the internal meeting where this video was shown, one of the developers said this to the EA executives:

The cartels are turning America's streets into a Battlefield. The only way to get them back is to take a Hardline against crime.

And then the Battlefield theme kicked in - DUH DUH DUH-DUH DUH...DUH DUH DUH DUH-DUH-DUH DUH.

Dang, BF is my favorite shooter series by far, but I prefer it as a biennial franchise. Put me on the bandwagon of not being a fan of buying a yearly BF game, I might even pass on this game even though this looks pretty awesome!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
looks like they are taking it down now, just updated the OP with a new link.

Seeing this made me feel like hopping in on some BF4 again after not playing for a few months, as it actually looks kind of cool (despite the visuals looking strangely bad)

For me at least the game is still bugged.
Every server I try and get into "Error, please wait for game to exit". - I Can't get into any server.
I'm a little more than pissed off, what the shit Dice?!

I don't think the graphics are an issue. My problem is that this is not BF. To those comparing this to BC only because it's also a spin-off, I can only shake my head. BC was more a Battlefied game than this is.

It doesn't look bad, I'm not a cynic. But if this had been called 'Medal of Honor: Hardline', people would be shitting all over this, mostly due to name association. But because this is had Battlefield in it (which was precisely why they did it), people try to think this will somehow be great. Though I can't say it will otherwise as I haven't seen enough, their track record does leave you with more doubt than confidence.

Bizazedo

Dang, BF is my favorite shooter series by far, but I prefer it as a biennial franchise. Put me on the bandwagon of not being a fan of buying a yearly BF game, I might even pass on this game even though this looks pretty awesome!

Just don't understand this mindset.

"Yeah, looks awesome. Looks like a lot of fun. Looks different from normal Battlefield. I won't buy because they should keep the fun away for an extra year."

BF4 not working is far more of a legit reason than just saying it's too often.

~~Hasan~~

I don't understand why so many people refuse to read the OP. It states everything they need to know and makes them look dumb when they post "this graphics look so bad!"

more like the OP was updated recently my friend, way before the thread exploded

StylinOnYou

Neo Member
I'm gonna laugh my ass off if Visceral is able to out do DICE game design-wise. I think DICE have gotten worse of the past few Battlefield games as core designers. I'd love to see how another developer can take on the Battlefield franchise.
What other FPS is Visceral doing? As far as I know they're on Hardline, Star Wars and possibly that new IP.
A portion of Visceral split into Sledgehammer, ie Cod:AW...

Bizazedo

The game is being developed by Visceral, yes, but a lot of DICE employees were integrated into Visceral for this game as well. Besides, his point was Publisher, not Studio.

Good way to handle it:
"EA let DICE push out a piece of crap. Even if it's fixed now, it took months. I'll take a wait and see approach on this to see if they learned their lesson."

Bad way to handle it:
"EA let DICE push out a piece of crap. Even if it's fixed now, it took months. As a result, EA and every other studio that is published by them can burn in a fire until the ends of time. I shall never consider them again!"

Top Bottom