• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield: Hardline Gameplay Trailer leaked [Up: 6 month old build]

The game is being developed by Visceral, yes, but a lot of DICE employees were integrated into Visceral for this game as well. Besides, his point was Publisher, not Studio.

And DICE Sweden made BF4, not Visceral. How can you say it's Visceral's fault for the BF4 issues?

Is EA supposed to blow up the studio and move them all to Sweden? That doesn't make sense at all, dude.

DrZeus

This looks fun as shit. Will be buying BF4 soon and this when it releases this fall. I have no problem od'ing on Battlefield if it's teh goodz.

MOTHERFUCKER

Here I was hoping I'd finally be getting that SWAT 4-style FPS I've been waiting for since SWAT 4, and instead I get this shit directed by Michael Bay!

A million rounds being fired a second; explosions everywhere. MORE ACTION THAN ANY LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY HAS SEEN IN THEIR ENTIRE HISTORY PACKED INTO THE FIRST FUCKING MINUTE OF FOOTAGE.

Sorry, I just had to vent.

I'm out.

Rembrandt

Banned
Now I see why 343's Frankie O'Connor doesn't like leaks. They can go one of two ways, either hype everyone up and get the excitement level boiling to where people can't wait to buy the game, or it can do the opposite, create a shitstorm of negativty...i.e., calling alpha graphics the final graphics.

It's truly ridiculous. The video doesn't even have the official title yet people are still being blissfully oblivious.

Interfectum

MOTHERFUCKER

Here I was hoping I'd finally be getting that SWAT 4-style FPS I've been waiting for since SWAT 4, and instead I get this shit directed by Michael Bay!

A million rounds being fired a second; explosions everywhere. MORE ACTION THAN ANY LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY HAS SEEN IN THEIR ENTIRE HISTORY PACKED INTO THE FIRST FUCKING MINUTE OF FOOTAGE.

I'm out.

It's called Battlefield...

Gorillaz

Lol at it "leaking" almost in the same since the CoD one "leaked"

The first thing that stands out is the fact that BF gameplay for some reason does not gel with smaller scale combat like cops vs robbers. Maybe its the way they did the trailer, because Seeing straight up war zones like the ones in military zones go down like that in small ass mall settings is jarring as hell. They keep saying different style of BF but it feels honestly looks more like modded modes.

I guess well see what happens

Well HOLY SHIT.....I'm in day 0!!!

I've been waiting for a Police/SWAT style game forever and here it fucking is and it looks bloody great. Zip-lines, bikes, car chases......what's not to love.

legacyzero

Banned
MOTHERFUCKER

I'm out.

image.php

Dude, it's Battlefield.

EDIT: Beatn

legacyzero

Banned
I hope people aren't excited for this. Not after the fiasco that was BattleField 4.

It's not been a "fiasco" for everyone. I've had minimal trouble with the game outside of the first week on PS4 with CE errors, and a bit of rubber-banding when new maps come out.

Let's just hope EA learned their lesson, and will ensure then game is right.

Im so mixed on this now. Looks alot like a modded version of BF4 with a few differences here and there. Ill wait and see and the BF4 fiasco.

I know. I was just hoping that they were using the name to help sell it though.

OH MY GOD THAT CRIMINAL STOLE A VEHICLE! WE HAVE TO STOP HIM!

GRAB THE BAZOOKA!

Well it looks like the tools are there to play tactically as long as they allow private lobbies unlike the evil DICE overlords that is.
Unless you were expecting no casualties, no destruction, no battlefield. In that case you kinda set yourself up for disappointment.

Omni

Hmm. Not convinced of the concept

Hopefully E3 shows it off a bit more. At the moment I don't see myself 'leaving' BF4 for this,

Well it looks like the tools are there to play tactically.
If they allow private lobbies unlike the evil DICE overlords that is.
Unless you were expecting no casualties, no destruction, no battlefield. In that case you kinda set yourself up for disappointment.

As long as I have the ability to stop another player non-violently and arrest him/her, I will be happy.

The game does look like it can be fun, I'm not going to lie. I'm just bitter that big explosions and over the top gunplay has pretty much killed off stuff like the original Rainbow Six and SWAT.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
2 things:

1. Where the fuck are the weather effects? i haven't seen a single rain drop in this trailer.

2. I don't wanna play ONLY as some youngster beverly hills cop/miami vice wannabe.
I want to play a member of a special unit like S.W.A.T. but we've seen already SWAT cars so hopefully we don't play the whole campaign as this Mendoza guy.

Grief.exe

It's not been a "fiasco" for everyone. I've had minimal trouble with the game outside of the first week on PS4 with CE errors, and a bit of rubber-banding when new maps come out.

Let's just hope EA learned their lesson, and will ensure then game is right.

EA is only concerned about their profit margins. No lesson to be learned here.

The publishers know that burn enough marketing dollars, and the gamers will buy anything.

I don't think the graphics are an issue. My problem is that this is not BF. To those comparing this to BC only because it's also a spin-off, I can only shake my head. BC was more a Battlefied game than this is.

It doesn't look bad, I'm not a cynic. But if this had been called 'Medal of Honor: Hardline', people would be shitting all over this, mostly due to name association. But because this is had Battlefield in it (which was precisely why they did it), people try to think this will somehow be great. Though I can't say it will otherwise as I haven't seen enough, their track record does leave you with more doubt than confidence.

I'm going to call bullshit on this. The game looks like what you would get if you made an urban focused, cops and robbers mod for Battlefield (in a good way). If no one had told me it was part of the franchise, I would have said how much it looked like Battlefield.

MegaBusta

Looks like it'll be a good time. Not even mad police are using littlebirds and lmg's to take out thieves or that the thieves are using rocket launchers. The SP stuff looks nice as well and with Visceral inc charge it may actually be a compelling experience.

I really hope the technical issues are minimal this time. As much as I love playing bf4, it shouldn't have come out when it did and I hope EA has the sense to delay this project if needed.

McHuj

I really hope the technical issues are minimal this time. As much as I love playing bf4, it shouldn't have come out when it did and I hope EA has the sense to delay this project if needed.

I'm guessing they're probably working from the same code base as BF4 Frostbite, so I would expect Hardline to be in the similar state to what BF4 is late in the year. It should be pretty solid.

hydruxo

Is it just me or does this guy from the trailer look EXACTLY like Reggie (Delsin's brother) from Infamous Second Son? I mean it's identical. He even sounds like him.

tumblr_n6agzpjlL81r0kz1fo1_500.png

Top Bottom