• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Discussion Thread

Risgroo

SWAT CAME INTO MY HOUSE

It's okay so far, nothing special though. I'll play a few more rounds, maybe it clicks.

shone237

Unconfirmed Member
wtf is this 256 color spectrum?

Everyone looks like they have on some kind of pitch black wizard outfit that makes them disappear when they stand in any shadow.

last gen BF4 had the same problem. You could look directly at an enemy and still not see them because they are in a shadow and their isn't enough of a color spectrum to separate any detail.

Game really feels terrible. This is gonna flop so hard. If you are in to bf just stick with BF4. I really can't think of one reason to buy this. I expecteth this to floppeth.

Sec0nd

Do I need to have the game open for it to download to 100%? I want to play another game while it's downloading on PS4.

Game really feels terrible. This is gonna flop so hard. If you are in to bf just stick with BF4. I really can't think of one reason to buy this. I expecteth this to floppeth.

For every person who's hating it, I see another who loves it.

Not to mention, Battlefield picked up a bit of a casual audience since Battlefield 3 too so believe me when I say, financially, this will not flop.

Just played a couple matches and had a lot of fun. I think it's pretty decent so far, we'll see as I play some more but I was kinda expecting to not like it.

Spineker

Banned
Just played for a couple hours then. Hotwire is a fun game mode but otherwise it is literally still a BF4 expansion.

Worth 60 bucks? Not in a million years.

Lulu23

My in-game install is stuck at 55%, I'm on PS4.

The install isn't even an actual install. It's just downloading the remaining 8GB of the game in the backround. I really don't get why there isn't just one big file to download instead of this crap. It has been the case for a couple of games/betas now.

But we have to give the game one thing: performance is pretty much spot-on, which is a huge improvement over BF4. Everything else though, is up for debate.

thenexus6

So beta is 2.7GB download then installs in game. Where is that 10GB number coming from then? (sorry if already been answered)

RS4-

This really should've been a $20 or less expansion pack. Or better yet, should've gone into making BC3 instead.

seems like they made all the right compromises IMO. BF4 launch was a disaster, conquest didnt work at all, the game was 900p, the frame rate was not that great (I usually play the PC version but I jump on PS4 to play with friends and its not even close to 60 fps, at least not on the DLC maps). Here comes viseral with an alpha and a beta, they toned down the graphics but at least this allows the game to hit 60fps the majority of the time and the IQ is cleaner than BF4 (im stricly comparing the PS4 versions here). At the end of day all i want is for the game to be fun, play smooth, and not have issues. seems like that is what they are aiming for and I like it.

While true, and the end of the day I'd also rather not pay $60 + DLC for a game that feels like a half-baked mod. Those are the comments I'm reading that dissuade me the most. And I'm a huge BF fan.

Wow really had to get used to battlefield shooting after a year of nothing but titanfall, halo and destiny. But once that happened it got to me.

Ive only played heist so far, but I wouldn't pay 60 for it, maybe when it appears on deals with Gold I'll snag it for sub 40

EDIT: Anyone on xbone know how to turn off auto recording?

Yep this fully fledged game should be a $20 expansion, yea this sentiment makes complete sense

yea I don't get it, 7 modes, 9 maps and a full campaign. Definitely screams expansion to me...

BF3 launched with 9 maps and BF4 launched with 10 maps for perspective.

xclaw

Just played for a couple hours then. Hotwire is a fun game mode but otherwise it is literally still a BF4 expansion.

Worth 60 bucks? Not in a million years.

Don't forget it'll be 69.99 in Canada and you'll totally need to also get Premium for 49.99$ for stuff they haven't announced......

Alchemist

Yeah, this game is pretty bad imo. Not only are the graphics worse than Battlefield 4, the destruction has suffered too. Performance is marginally better than BF4 so I don't know what's going on here.

Enilced2

yea I don't get it, 7 modes, 9 maps and a full campaign. Definitely screams expansion to me...

Yep more content than say Titanfall but you didn't hear anyone saying that should have been a 25$ downloadable game

Impressions after an hour

-gfx aren't bad , some rough spots but decent enough . Last gen still holding it back
- ttk is terrible . So many one hit deaths , combined with large maps and tons of paths e.t.c it can be a nightmare
- UI is absolutely terrible . Took me 5 minutes to understand how it all works

I don't mind some of the other changes and they are really trying to fit the cops v robbers into the battlefield formula but I don't think it works .

Think I'll be giving it a pass. My biggest annoyance really is the ttk . Just getting one shotted from nowhere is so annoying .was a huge fan of counter strike but I think this ttk is even worse .

Those numbers don't mean much when Hardline is recycling assets, gameplay, and old netcode from a 16-month old game. And they're barking up the wrong tree by marketing a single-player campaign to the BF community - even if it is good.

Really I blame EA for this release.

For some reason my GTX 570 isn't working properly with this game. Even on low settings I'm getting 30 FPS.

This is a screenshot of Afterburner while in game.
zbLCPH0.png

Why is it running so slow?

Scroll down to GPU clocks and see if it's switching to 3d clocks.

Moozo

I think it'll be a while before we see another non-numbered Battlefield game after the reception this is receiving.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
How were the graphics upgraded from BF4 to BF4 end game? Only the programmers at Dice Sweden have the talent to upgrade this engine, both Bioware and the studio that made this game don't really have the programming talent to make any tangible upgrades to this engine.

On max settings on PC, it's quite noticeable switching between the new maps and the old maps.

Beyond asset quality increases, they seem to handle foliage better and have better post processing effects.

For Dragon Age they changed up character rendering, added real save systems, quadruped animation, cinematic (cutscene) systems, localization and dialog tools, gameplay flow tools, and more they detail here: http://www.frostbite.com/2014/08/creating-biowares-first-rpg-on-the-frostbite-engine/

DICE actually commented on these a while ago too: https://twitter.com/ludovicchabant/status/421086273965535232

DICE said:
Some of the @FrostbiteEngine changes from Bioware are so awesome we sent them a hand-made "thank you" card:

Bdf_vCnCEAAHyky.jpg

https://twitter.com/ludovicchabant/status/421086273965535232

By comparison... I don't think I've actually seen anything mentioned about Visceral and the engine.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Laugh Out Loud:

You can buy Battlepacks with in-game money. So once you unlock EVERYTHING in the game with in-game money the in-game money accumulation isn't totally useless. Smart move, Visceral.

thenexus6

QUESTION:

I have downloaded the 2.7GB and now on the main downloading / installing the rest. If I quit and start again later will be resume from where it left off?

b0bbyJ03

While true, and the end of the day I'd also rather not pay $60 + DLC for a game that feels like a half-baked mod. Those are the comments I'm reading that dissuade me the most. And I'm a huge BF fan.

Look, I totally understand all this, but at the end of the day, if I turn this thing on and just have fun with it, then I think it's worth paying for. I also make this statement considering how long I think I'll play it. I'll usually play a good fps game for months, sometimes years.

Played all the maps and modes. Still feels like a BF4 mod at the end of the day. Hotwire is an amazing mode though. Anyone else get horrible performance drops on PC after the duststorm in Conquest Large? went from 50-60 to the 30s, felt horrible.

Played some hotwire,Car handling is laughable.How on earth a game which claimed to be the fastest battlefield have this type of shit handling,it kills the hotwire mode all together.

Unlocks are really confusing in this game. It was bad enough in BF4, but the amount of things flashing at me post game is just insane. Also, please tell me when I purchase the adranaline pin, it isn;t a one time only kind of deal?

Yeah...I think I'm just going to delete this from my HDD. I've returned to it four times now and it's just not clicking with me. I don't even find it fun.

Sucks because I genuinely thought that this game would be my next 'go-to' MP FPS.

Top Bottom