• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Besty Devos splits Senate with 50/50 vote, VP Pence confirms nomation

Status
Not open for further replies.

LosDaddie

Banned
School choice and vouchers for everyone.

But hey, at least Vox made a cute video telling me Devos' nomination was being held up.

Kthulhu

And my daughter just started school. Wonderful.

Here's hoping that California defends public education as much as possible.

They probably will. The rest of us are fucked. California really is the only liberal haven in the country right now.

I live in Texas and our test scores are just gonna get worse.

Geist-

fs03APS.gif

Fuck Public Education, Fuck the Poor, Fuck anyone not white and rich and christian

Official Republican Campaign Slogan for 2020

GPsych

So much for the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act. Goodbye special education. Goodbye employment for me.

So now I'm going to have to pay tax dollars so crazy people can go to private and backwards religious schools that all underperform their public counterparts? Fuck this.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Fuck this

I thought this would be the one thing that could successfully be prevented. Never have I seen so many people on both sides of the political spectrum hate someone as much as DeVos.

RCSI

Thousands of calls across the country telling these senators to vote no, 24 hours of why she is a horrible 'choice' for our schools, and republican's vote along party lines. fuckthisshit

Looks like I'm not going to try find a teaching job when I graduate in May. Time to find something else with my History degree. Now whole school system is fucked for the next four years until we get a new president.

RinsFury

How can a party be so fucking evil? Pieces of shit, the whole lot of them and every deplorable sack of shit that voted for them.

Absolutely shameful. Any other president would have withdrawn her nomination rather than endure this sort of spectacle.

But this is the price of getting rid of the filibuster - not only does the minority no longer have the ability to block appointments, but the majority no longer has any incentive to find a nominee with broad enough appeal to gain bipartisan support.

Dispatch

As a teacher, this really worries me. The Department of Education has set the tone since No Child Left Behind. Her lack of knowledge is just as questionable as her motives.

No, I'm not worried. I'm terrified.

I think the GOP is vastly underestimating how this pick is galvanizing parents with kids across the country. I've been seeing this in several counties that are considered "safe" GOP in previous elections.

Only downside is how long will this galvanize people...will it make it to 2018? I'm not sure yet.

Thousands of calls across the country telling these senators to vote no, 24 hours of why she is a horrible 'choice' for our schools, and republican's vote along party lines. fuckthisshit

Party above all. This is why you can't work with Republicans or give an inch. Hopefully it fucks them in 2018.

Blader

Even though they're getting what they want here, I feel like if I were Trump, McConnell or DeVos, I'd feel utterly embarrassed that it took the vice president to cast a tie-breaking vote in order to get this confirmation done.

sazzy said:
Blame Harry Reid for getting rid of the filibuster.

Republicans would've just nuked it themselves when given the chance. At least with Reid's way, Obama was able to appoint a ton of federal judges, who will be critically important in blocking in more blatantly unconstitutional actions coming out of the White House the next few years.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
Of course, because they're the party of pure evil.

Fuck the republican party. Our education system will be entirely fucked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom