• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Besty Devos splits Senate with 50/50 vote, VP Pence confirms nomation

Status
Not open for further replies.
The American people deserve every bit of this. She'll make sure they stay stupid to continue voting for Republicans. Can't wait for the Teacher Union hate once this administration starts really burning Public Education to the ground.

StarVigil

Congratulaytions, yu playded yourselv.
Code:
[SPOILER][IMG]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/68/97/39/6897398b80ef7f5bb7d6f03cc864cebc.jpg[/IMG][/SPOILER]

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Republicans need stupid people to win elections. This ensures future generations of stupid people.

Auctopus

That is absolutely insane after she got absolutely roasted by several professionals. She is utterly unqualified and believes that public education is a "dead end". Fucking terrifying.

Mahonay

Banned
The American people deserve every bit of this. She'll make sure they stay stupid to continue voting for Republicans. Can't wait for the Teacher Union hate once this administration starts really burning Public Education to the ground.
Innocent kids don't deserve this. Sorry.

Con_Smith

Banned
Republicans ain't shit and as much as it sucks to say it, I hope the bullshit introduced intensifies to the point every single mother fucker is out of office when all is said and done.

Legit no fucks given about the american people. It's so unfortunate that idiots will continue to let these fucks continue to ruin our country in the name of party politics, racism, and ignorance.

5taquitos

Rand Paul voted a No for Pompeo, but otherwise every single Republican has voted Yes for every single nomination.

The party is corrupt and cancerous, plain and simple.

Meowster

This has nothing to do with what any voters want. DeVos is being rewarded for all the money she's dumped into the GOP.
I know, that was the point I was making. None of the constituents wanted her in this position. Everyone knew she was totally inept. A lot of the Republicans that voted for her are gonna face some heat (for a little while before everyone forgets about it and votes strictly party-only again when election time comes).

C4EsjlqUMAAH_lB.jpg

I know, that was the point I was making. None of the constituents wanted her in this position. Everyone knew she was totally inept. A lot of the Republicans that voted for her are gonna face some heat (for a little while before everyone forgets about it and wants strictly party-only again when election time comes).

I mean lets be real here they will get a little bit of heat for a month, but everyone will forget come election time.

As a teacher, this really worries me. The Department of Education has set the tone since No Child Left Behind. Her lack of knowledge is just as questionable as her motives.

No, I'm not worried. I'm terrified.

If they tell you to do stupid shit that is against your better judgement, don't do it. It is kids' futures in the stakes here.

These cowards need to burn for this in the midterm elections.

2018 will be the final test for the Democratic party and supporters alike. If the votes don't come in then it'll show that the Democratic movement is no longer viable in America.

Sizzel

I am not super clued in but isn't she against unions and for charter schools, vouchers etc..? Why does GAF hate her, the unions thing?

Surfinn

As somebody who has worked (for over a decade) and currently works in public education, this is the definition of shameful.

They all mostly send their kids to Private Schools anyway. Why the fuck would they care about the rest of the country?

This is literally the "take care of yourselves by yourself" congress.

I am not super clued in but isn't she against unions and for charter schools, vouchers etc..? Why does GAF hate her, the unions thing?

teachers unions are a net benefit to the country.

charter schools and vouchers as currently envisioned are a scheme to let rich people prevent their tax dollars from contributing to the education of poor and middle class kids

her senate hearing made it pretty clear she's unqualified to make decisions about education, or most other things, and is being chosen for ideology over ability.

Not surprising after that slimy committee confirmation. You'd think that out of any group to look out for, children would be the one that either side would be willing to compromise whatever hardlines or beliefs they have for the benefit of the goddamn future.

You'd think that.

well I guess the American Dream is dead 🙀

Nope, it's proof that you can become anything with some money. Was thinking of giving the position a shot myself, good thing I'm a
n alternative
billionaire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom