• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
FlightOfHeaven said:
Which is weird. I have no idea why the writers included that.

There are other mistakes, too. In the Tutorial mode, there's a paragraph that repeats twice while the voice over says completely different things. And there's the odd misspelling here and here (oponent).

It's a lot of text, though, text they thought no one would ever see or hear.
In CS didn't you have to lose every fight though? Some of the shit required to get 100% was ridiculous.

DY_nasty said:
In CS didn't you have to lose every fight though? Some of the shit required to get 100% was ridiculous.

Yeah, in CT you literally had to lose every single fight to get every single piece of dialog to get 100% on a character. It was painful.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
hikarutilmitt said:
Yeah, in CT you literally had to lose every single fight to get every single piece of dialog to get 100% on a character. It was painful.

It was only painful because you were obligated to see the Game Over screen and you couldn't skip it and then you would be send to the character select story screen. If they had implemented CS Retry option, I think it wouldn't be that bad at all.

-DarKaoZ- said:
It was only painful because you were obligated to see the Game Over screen and you couldn't skip it and then you would be send to the character select story screen. If they had implemented CS Retry option, I think it wouldn't be that bad at all.

You are forgetting that you had to lose the fight in the first place. That's an annoying waste of time.

-DarKaoZ- said:

Except that you had to wait for the softball AI to beat the crap out of you the whole time. I think that's one of the reasons Kokonoe chides you so much for getting the bad endings that you have to lose for, because they really require more work to lose than to win.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
FlightOfHeaven said:
You are forgetting that you had to lose the fight in the first place. That's an annoying waste of time.

Not to me, some of the losing dialogs add more stuff into the story, some of them are just dumb. I lost all the matches in CS just to see them, there were some really good ones that would had made more sense to have as the victory dialog instead.

-DarKaoZ- said:
Not to me, some of the losing dialogs add more stuff into the story, some of them are just dumb. I lost all the matches in CS just to see them, there were some really good ones that would had made more sense to have as the victory dialog instead.

Well, you see...

hikarutilmitt said:
Except that you had to wait for the softball AI to beat the crap out of you the whole time. I think that's one of the reasons Kokonoe chides you so much for getting the bad endings that you have to lose for, because they really require more work to lose than to win.

This is what I'm talking about. It's not reading the dialogue; I read really fast, and I like reading it. It's losing the fights that's annoying and a waste of time.

FlightOfHeaven said:
Which is weird. I have no idea why the writers included that.

There are other mistakes, too. In the Tutorial mode, there's a paragraph that repeats twice while the voice over says completely different things. And there's the odd misspelling here and here (oponent).

It's a lot of text, though, text they thought no one would ever see or hear.
Do you remember where in the Tutorial? I want to see it myself.

Shadow Red said:
Do you remember where in the Tutorial? I want to see it myself.

In the Intermediate section, towards the latter half.

When I finish going through Arcade Mode, I'll look again and let you know.

Patch this, ArcSys! :lol

Just beat Carl's story ( God I suck with him...plus he's a whiny little bitch.)

Hazama is just soo goddam awesome. His VO is damn great....

xero273

FlightOfHeaven said:
In the Intermediate section, towards the latter half.

When I finish going through Arcade Mode, I'll look again and let you know.

Patch this, ArcSys! :lol

you also have text running out of the text box.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
FlightOfHeaven said:
This is what I'm talking about. It's not reading the dialogue; I read really fast, and I like reading it. It's losing the fights that's annoying and a waste of time.

Did you guys change the AI to Hell? Because the AI could beat my character in a acceptable time if I leave it there.

Dresden

Rachel's gag reel made me kind of sad.
Ranga+Spectacles=harem lead. Rachel+Spectacle=no one gives a fuck.
Also thought her alt ending was much better--that seems to be a trend for all the story modes, especially with the Kokonoe section after each one.

xero273 said:
you also have text running out of the text box.

In Arcade Mode? Yeah, I've been noticing that. I have 5 characters left, and I've noticed it in Jin's story in particular.

-DarKaoZ- said:
Did you guys change the AI to Hell? Because the AI could beat my character in a acceptable time if I leave it there.

Eh, I didn't want to go back and keep switching difficulties. It'd take longer. I just spent all my Barrier and try to get a Negative Edge.

Fugu said:
The Lambda gag ending is my favourite.

The ending is so sad, though...

Novid

Banned
dont want to be a spoil sport - rumble suported in this game right or just story mode... seems like rumble is on but nothings going.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Good Games QisTopTier, those were fun. I liked the Double Down one, didn't expect it to happen. :lol

I lost most trying to figure out your Makoto mixups, but ones I got it, I try countering with different stuff. In some instances I tried to do Jin DP+C while you were falling with 2B or 2C, I forgot which one is it, but it seems it didn't come out and got punished by it.

I need to play with Makoto some more online, I can pull combos in training but everything started to fade while playing online badly. :lol

Anyways, good games, let's play some other time.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ferrio said:
5.1k midscreen? What is it, I'm assuming it uses an FC?
nah it uses a RC

standard bnb into lvl 2 5d dash up fireball lvl 3 > 2d lvl 3 and so on

-DarKaoZ- said:
Good Games QisTopTier, those were fun. I liked the Double Down one, didn't expect it to happen. :lol

I lost most trying to figure out your Makoto mixups, but ones I got it, I try countering with different stuff. In some instances I tried to do Jin DP+C while you were falling with 2B or 2C, I forgot which one is it, but it seems it didn't come out and got punished by it.

I need to play with Makoto some more online, I can pull combos in training but everything started to fade while playing online badly. :lol

Anyways, good games, let's play some other time.

Yeah, I started slipping up a lot too. Not eating the entire day and lack of sleep started to kill my brain and motor skills. Nice jin though :D

The Take Out Bandit said:
I've had it for a week now, but have been making mad passionate gun loot love to Borderlands. I've scheduled some time online tonight if you'd like to kick my ass. :p
I'll gladly take you up on that offer now that my visit has left and my doctor's appointment is out of the way.
Sir Garbageman said:
Thanks. I'm on 360 but I'm a terrible scrub right now. Add me: Sir Garbageman
Added.

zlatko

Banned
_dementia said:
got my first rage quitter :lol

Got my first the other day too. He was using beginner mode too AND he tried to lag the game right towards of the end of the final round. :lol

So question for those of you BB/GG die hards. Where will Ark/Aksys be asking for patch ideas? I'd really like to see patched to allow dash buffering during hit animations instead of trying to do a double dash with perfect timing.

A good example of what I mean is Hazama trial 6 I believe it is. You have to dash forward into a standing C, but if you don't dash on time, fast enough, or make sure to go to neutral C you will completely screw it up. It's just odd the game won't let you do that.

Also anyone else run into weird bugs? Online I've fought a Tager who walked backwards at me for a few seconds. I've also had my Hazama get a chain to hit and I reel in to follow up only to be standing completely backwards to my enemy so that I'm a free combo to them. :p

Oh and another thing I found weird is one of tager's trials. I think it's #5 and the second part of it. When it wants the sledge hammer at the end of the combo after an atomic colider. Well if you try to buffer QCF during the atomic colider Tager will do a 360... which is just wtf?

Liking the game so far, although the online component is much crappier than the firsts. :( More laggy games, way too many Hakumens mashing C, takes forever to find matches, will sometimes rematch you with same person way too many times and NOT let you have the option to decline the fight, let's people use begginer mode in ranked, etc. These things really make it hard to enjoy online for myself. Oh I also hate how it makes you watch a match in turbo speed if you join private games, because if the match ends during you watching it won't pop you back into lobby soon enough a lot of times, so a host will boot you for taking too long. :(

Dreavus

zlatko said:
So question for those of you BB/GG die hards. Where will Ark/Aksys be asking for patch ideas? I'd really like to see patched to allow dash buffering during hit animations instead of trying to do a double dash with perfect timing.

A good example of what I mean is Hazama trial 6 I believe it is. You have to dash forward into a standing C, but if you don't dash on time, fast enough, or make sure to go to neutral C you will completely screw it up. It's just odd the game won't let you do that.

I was having tons of trouble with Jin's #8 (I think) for similar reasons. You have to time your dash perfectly after the CH 623c into a 5b to the point where I've done it maaaybe once EVER in a real match. Jin doesn't have a fixed forward dash like Hazama but I think the principle is the same: dash too early and it won't come out; too late and they tech out of it before you can hit. Even after finally completing the challenge, I usually just get lazy and do a 623a if I ever land a hit like that to begin with. :p

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
zlatko said:

Argh... do not remember me of that trial... god I hated it soo much. I don't know how the fuck I pull it out after 40 tries or so, but damn, that stupid dash is so annoying and is useless, IMO.

Either I dash and ended up doing 6C or dash and did 5C to late and the character recovered, it was a pain.

zlatko said:
I'd really like to see patched to allow dash buffering during hit animations instead of trying to do a double dash with perfect timing.

I'm kinda with you on this. I've been playing a lot of challenge mode over the last couple days, and these trials that require split-second dashes within a couple frames always stump me the longest. Which is pretty reminiscent of SF4's challenge mode, where it gives you hard trials just for the sake of being hard instead of true BnB combos that you'll be using regularly. And of course some characters have dash combos that aren't very hard to do, but a lot of them are extremely tight. But hey, at least all of these are actual combos, and not just stupid shit like Ryu's MP, FADC, MP, FADC, MP or whatever it was.

By the way you have the best tag evar.

zlatko

Banned
iconoclast said:
I'm kinda with you on this. I've been playing a lot of challenge mode over the last couple days, and these trials that require split-second dashes within a couple frames always stump me the longest. Which is pretty reminiscent of SF4's challenge mode, where it gives you hard trials just for the sake of being hard instead of true BnB combos that you'll be using regularly. And of course some characters have dash combos that aren't very hard to do, but a lot of them are extremely tight. But hey, at least all of these are actual combos, and not just stupid shit like Ryu's MP, FADC, MP, FADC, MP or whatever it was.

By the way you have the best tag evar.

Haha yeah I earned it in the SSF4 thread for bringing up the point system one too many times which apparently pissed ppl off. <.< I still don't know who this Lord Sirlin guy is and why he wants to harm my family though. xD

Yeah I'm a bit of a completionist junkie in games when the achievements/trophies are for things that require skill and not just giant time syncs. I have 950/1000 on SSF4, but I don't think I'll be getting every character to C simply to save myself saltiness and rage.

I did get a platinum trophy for BB CT, so I kinda wanted to get it all completed here with CS as well, but the trials here are like C.Viper's 22 and 24 for EVERYTHING in terms of difficulty. :p I have 59 total done(not including Makoto which would put me at 64 done). 41 more for the 100 done. I have 9/10 done with Hazama who is my main so I'm glad that at least can bang out his combos without much difficulty. I'm consistent in fights now to do all his BnBs and double chains into the J.Cx5etc loop.

I think just coming from Street Fighter to this makes you realize how easy mode SF really can be on execution and timing, but at the same time I appreciate it letting me buffer things during hit animations.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
zlatko said:
Oh and another thing I found weird is one of tager's trials. I think it's #5 and the second part of it. When it wants the sledge hammer at the end of the combo after an atomic colider. Well if you try to buffer QCF during the atomic colider Tager will do a 360... which is just wtf?

I'm guessing it's something with the timing of your inputs. Since AC throw the opponent on his other side if you buffer it too early it might end up reversing the input as he crosses the opponent over.

Sorry. I got home late.

Social engagement and some chick called me uptight. Oh TEH NOES! OFF TO THE OT with that one. :p

But I was low on gas, didn't know her, and was drunk - so rather than play games I came home to some BB action. :p

zlatko said:
Haha yeah I earned it in the SSF4 thread for bringing up the point system one too many times which apparently pissed ppl off. <.< I still don't know who this Lord Sirlin guy is and why he wants to harm my family though. xD

Yeah I'm a bit of a completionist junkie in games when the achievements/trophies are for things that require skill and not just giant time syncs. I have 950/1000 on SSF4, but I don't think I'll be getting every character to C simply to save myself saltiness and rage.

I did get a platinum trophy for BB CT, so I kinda wanted to get it all completed here with CS as well, but the trials here are like C.Viper's 22 and 24 for EVERYTHING in terms of difficulty. :p I have 59 total done(not including Makoto which would put me at 64 done). 41 more for the 100 done. I have 9/10 done with Hazama who is my main so I'm glad that at least can bang out his combos without much difficulty. I'm consistent in fights now to do all his BnBs and double chains into the J.Cx5etc loop.

I think just coming from Street Fighter to this makes you realize how easy mode SF really can be on execution and timing, but at the same time I appreciate it letting me buffer things during hit animations.

Yeah, I got 1000 GS in SF4 and SSF4, but there's no way in hell I'm going to try and complete all of the challenges in here. I've done 95 trials so far including Makoto's, so only 5 more for the achievement and I'm done with it. I've gotten Tager and Hazama to 90%, but I don't really use them so it doesn't do me much good. I'm playing through the story right now to unlock Mu, so that should put me over without too much trouble.

The story mode in this game is pretty entertaining too. Liking it a lot more than BBCT's so far.

Dreavus

FlightOfHeaven said:
They do when it's a Dash Cancel.

Tutorial <3 <3 <3

Except it's not a dash cancel, it's a slight dash to get you close enough for a 5b right after recovering from the 623c animation.

I love the tutorial too, but it doesn't apply here! :p

Giolon

SolarPowered said:
No one has the game on the 360 huh?

:(

Cyberelf05. I haven't had much time to practice on CS yet though. Starcraft 2 and Persona 3 Portable are eating most of my time.

hikarutilmitt said:
Except that you had to wait for the softball AI to beat the crap out of you the whole time.

really late with the reply but i agree

I remember going off to do something for a while and when i came back i still havent lost yet :lol.

Score attack is insane though

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Yeah, I'm on 360 too. You can see how you measure up against my Tscrubaki.

Just gotta finish up with Alpha Protocol and sell it before its value plummets. I should be on a lot more after Friday.

Feorax

Havine a strange issue with this game (PS3 version). for some reason, it wont scale to 720p properly on my monitor.

It's a 1680x1050 HDCP HP monitor, but I can only get video playing at 576p. at 720p or above, the screen just goes black.

This is the only game I have this problem in, I have lots of other ps3 and 360 games that do 720p perfectly.

Any thoughts?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
GG's to Fugu, man Litchi's j.B really f's up that match up or well anyone in general the hit box on it is retarded and its so fast too! Good thing mak can get under her with speed and j.b herself and kick litchi right in the vag :lol

Feorax said:
Havine a strange issue with this game (PS3 version). for some reason, it wont scale to 720p properly on my monitor.

It's a 1680x1050 HDCP HP monitor, but I can only get video playing at 576p. at 720p or above, the screen just goes black.

This is the only game I have this problem in, I have lots of other ps3 and 360 games that do 720p perfectly.

Any thoughts?
My beef with the PS3 version is the overscan issue(Same with SSFIV on the PS3)While the 360 version of the game doesn't have this problem. I

Fugu

QisTopTier said:
GG's to Fugu, man Litchi's j.B really f's up that match up or well anyone in general the hit box on it is retarded and its so fast too! Good thing mak can get under her with speed and j.b herself and kick litchi right in the vag :lol
Yeah, it was good. First time I've played against Makoto, actually. I've been doing some drinking today though and my execution is totally shot. Nevermind those damn throws...

Played some games online while trying to learn mak and was Beginner mode to death :lol .
For some reason my sleeping habits now have me waking up way to late to play with gaf want to get some games in.

Fugu

ShinobiFist said:
My beef with the PS3 version is the overscan issue(Same with SSFIV on the PS3)While the 360 version of the game doesn't have this problem. I
Set the display mode to B.

zlatko said:
Liking the game so far, although the online component is much crappier than the firsts. :( More laggy games, way too many Hakumens mashing C, takes forever to find matches, will sometimes rematch you with same person way too many times and NOT let you have the option to decline the fight, let's people use begginer mode in ranked, etc. These things really make it hard to enjoy online for myself. Oh I also hate how it makes you watch a match in turbo speed if you join private games, because if the match ends during you watching it won't pop you back into lobby soon enough a lot of times, so a host will boot you for taking too long. :(
I agree with almost all of this. I absolutely hate the fact that they've taken away my ability to leave a match. I don't want to play someone who is thirty levels above me over and over. It's definitely the worst of BB's "improvements". The only exception is the Hakumen one, but I can understand you're frustration if you've got a character who has a hard time getting in there. It's not like he can do 9K damage in a combo, or some infinite loop though.
Giolon said:
Cyberelf05. I haven't had much time to practice on CS yet though. Starcraft 2 and Persona 3 Portable are eating most of my time.
I'm pretty sure I had you on list back in the CT days.

Hmm...
DY_nasty said:
Yeah, I'm on 360 too. You can see how you measure up against my Tscrubaki.

Just gotta finish up with Alpha Protocol and sell it before its value plummets. I should be on a lot more after Friday.
I like that.:lol
kensk said:
Anyone play Carl on Xbox / East Coast? I need to grind that matchup out hard.
I'm in a similar situation. I wouldn't mind having sparring partners that main Carl, Arakune, Hazama and Tager. Those are definitely my worst match ups.

edit:
I've still got you on my list Giolon.:lol

Top Bottom