• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bojack Horseman Season 4 |OT| Fuck Man, What Else Is There To Say

Fuchsdh

I really don't get why people like him so much. He drags down the show for me. Most of the humor surrounding him is painfully unfunny. I must be old.

Nah, I can see it. Todd's one of those characters on shows that feels like they're inhabiting another universe entirely from everyone else, and that can be grating for some people. While I don't know how much Todd coming to grips with his lack of sexuality actually provides in terms of dramatic storytelling possibilities, it's nice to have him actually dealing with the real world in a way that's not just a sad-sack speech to Bojack (which would hit much harder if he wasn't the person in the show acting like a cartoon character, right down to being impossible to kill.)

He used to be the perfect foil for Bojack -- a carefree personality unencumbered by the weight of self-loathing and emotional baggage, willing to help whoever, whenever, with whatever, and happily at that.

The narrative path that Bojack eventually wore him down enough to have him finally walk away from the friendship was wonderfully constructed, and honestly, when Todd and him stopped being friends, he should have pretty much bounced from the show until he was needed again. The fact that they don't seem to know what to do with him shows he has outlived his usefulness.

I am not a fan of Todd in S4.

I think that describes it perfectly. He was good in doses with Mr. PB in earlier seasons, but their relationship for the first third of the season got grating. And the dentist/clown gag didn't work either. Or rather, it dragged too long. They tried to latch him onto a self-destructing PC, but her issues are completely different than Bojack's and that didn't work either.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
They should send Todd off for a season and if they want to bring him back they can give him a character restructure to fit into the modern cast.

I find that disappointing. Unless something happens, I don't know how much interest I can hold. It doesn't feel like a show that can last 20 years. If the episodes were all taken individually, I would understand. But its not. You have to watch it from the beginning. Its also very emotionally exhausting. But who knows. Maybe I'll love it for 16 more seasons.

I find that disappointing. Unless something happens, I don't know how much interest I can hold. It doesn't feel like a show that can last 20 years. If the episodes were all taken individually, I would understand. But its not. You have to watch it from the beginning. Its also very emotionally exhausting. But who knows. Maybe I'll love it for 16 more seasons.

We'll miss you, I guess?

Title and desc. make it more alarming than it sounds, tbh: the guy seems very aware that if they just keep going at it and make the show for 20 years, the show could overstay its welcome.

This quote is promising because it says they at least won't just keep doing the show to keep doing the show - I am hoping that moment comes before the show's quality declines, though.
We do one year at a time, and if we have more stories to tell, we’ll tell more stories.

Top Bottom