• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BoJack Horseman S2 |OT| Hollywoo’s Biggest Comeback – Spoiler Tags until 7/31

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toothless

BojackHorseman_S2_DateAnnounce_US-720x1068.jpg

Will Arnett voices BoJack, the legendary 90’s sitcom star, who has been trying to find his way through a muddle of self-loathing, whisky and failed relationships. Now starring in his dream movie (a biopic of Secretariat), but humbled by the events of last season, BoJack attempts to use his career second wind as a stepladder to a springboard to becoming a newer, better BoJack. But new challenges on set and in his personal life, and the demons of his past make it difficult to shake off the skin of his previous self. If season one of BoJack Horseman is about a character learning he needs to change, the new season is about whether or not he can. It’s a character in a rut, trying to pull out of that rut, and the rut pulling back. Also, there are lots of surprise guest stars and funny talking animal jokes.

Release date: July 17 on Netflix.

Spoilers: Up until July 31st, you are to spoiler tag your post/discussions. While also labeling your post with the episode you are discussing (i.e. episode 8:
I can't believe Diane killed Princess Carolyn.
)

After the two weeks are up, you are able to discuss anything and everything without the use of spoiler tags.

Links:
BoJack Horseman’s Netflix Page
BoJack Horseman Official Website
Trailer

Reviews: (be wary for spoilers, I haven't read these)
Den of Geek
Collider
Hitfix

Voice Cast:
J8lCJVq.png

Will Arnett as BoJack Horseman
Aaron Paul as Todd Chavez
Alison Brie as Diane Nguyen
Amy Sedaris as Princess Carolyn
Paul F. Tompkins as Mr. Peanutbutter

And introducing…

tSsGz5w.png

Lisa Kudrow as Wanda Pierce

KevinCow

Banned
I had no idea season 2 was coming out this week. I just watched the show on a whim the other week and it was hilarious. Can't wait!

This show is my favorite Netflix original and is up there with Life and Times of Tim and Bob's Burgers for me.

I'm here for it, Vincent Adultman or not.

Can't wait, first season blew away my(admittedly very low) expectations. Thank god for EVO otherwise I would have probably binged the entire season in one sitting.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I was wondering when an OT would be made. I'm still finishing up S1, but looking forward to the new season.

Oh my god I randomly poopsocked this like, a month or so ago out of boredom inbetween watching Orange is The New Black and House of Cards and it was the greatest fucking thing ever.

I am so hyped for a new season.

PSqueak

Banned
Oh awesome.

I showed this show to a buddy and we sat and binge watched the entire season (that i had already seen), he's visiting precisely on the 17, maybe we could do it again!

Tucah

you speak so well
Show just kept improving throughout the first season, can't wait to see what they do with a second.

Akahige

Looking forward to this, the first season was a great surprise, the last few episodes were a combination of drama and sad comedy I wasn't expecting.

I've been rewatching the first season the past few days in prep for this, the first half of the season is a hell of a lot funnier than I remember.

Really can’t wait for season 2, the first was such a surprise with how dark and real it got while still managing to be funny that I ended up watching the whole thing about 3 times.

freoleo29

Have to sign back up for netflix now, really looking forward to this first season was really enjoyable and a nice surprise.

Guess Who

Banned
I really don't think this needs a second season.

I think season one could stand totally alone, but I'm not AGAINST a second season either, if it's the same quality. Season one would be a fine place to end but it's not a definitive one by any means.

Can't wait. Like others said I like how it can be really, really painful while still being funny.

"Pfft, I have feelings."
(cut to BoJack in his kitchen, hand stretched above a lit gas stove)
"Yep, nothing on the outside nothing on the inside."

Toothless

Looking forward to this, the first season was a great surprise, the last few episodes were a combination of drama and sad comedy I wasn't expecting.

I've been rewatching the first season the past few days in prep for this, the first half of the season is a hell of a lot funnier than I remember.

I rewatched the first season along with the Christmas special! I think that the first episode eh, the next few are decent, then the one with the D and Princess Carolyn's episodes are very good, but from the episode with the telescope on, it's one of the best shows in recent memory.

Looking forward the new season in a couple of hours!

saunderez

Should I push past the first episode of season 1 guys? I wasn't impressed.

Do it. It's not the show it seems to be at first glance. It gets very serious and very dark very quickly. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised if you make it to the end of the season.

saunderez

I find that you should always give a show 3 to 5 episodes then make the call to drop it.

Very true. 5 episodes is probably enough in the case of Bojack. If you're not into it by then I don't think you're going to get much from the rest of the season.

Not

Banned
Yes. They deliberately made episode one bad to make the following episodes more poignant, and have since come to realize how terrible of an idea that is.

Lol what? They purposefully made the first episode bad as an artistic decision?

That's believable.

But I mean, I should probably get into this. Trying to stay on top of up and coming animation.

Should I push past the first episode of season 1 guys? I wasn't impressed.

Netflix shows are a really slow burner. Only Daredevil gets worse after the first 5 episodes. The rest(OITNB, HoC, Bojack etc) getting better and better after each episode.

Remember that for the next Netflix shows.

Lol what? They purposefully made the first episode bad as an artistic decision?

That's believable.

But I mean, I should probably get into this. Trying to stay on top of up and coming animation.

Yes. They talked about it on a Nerdist podcast (http://nerdist.com/nerdist-writers-panel-167-bojack-horseman/) though it's been a while so I can't remember exactly how they phrased it or what the timecode is.

Basically, because Netflix allows binge viewing, they figured people would watch it all in one go, so that afforded them a number of liberties. Among these liberties is not having to reintroduce characters each episode. But also they thought that before getting into the series' dark, subversive storyline, they should contrast it with a really generic and uninspired episode or two to start out with. It didn't occur to them that most people would not watch further than the first episode if it didn't start out amazing.

Stoze

The first episode really was fucking terrible, but I'm glad I sat through the first few it because the second half was really enjoyable. Hopefully now that they've found their footing this season will be much stronger overall.

Also I couldn't put my finger on what this show reminded me of when I was watching it, but now I realized it's got a lot of similarities to Episodes.

Akahige

This go up at 12 PST?
The first episode really was fucking terrible, but I'm glad I sat through the first few it because the second half was really enjoyable. Hopefully now that they've found their footing this season will be much stronger overall.

Also I couldn't put my finger on what this show reminded me of when I was watching it, but now I realized it's got a lot of similarities to Episodes.
The show does have that Showtime Dramedy vibe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom