• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BoJack Horseman S2 |OT| Hollywoo’s Biggest Comeback – Spoiler Tags until 7/31

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximo

God dam some of the jokes are dark, really dark, I love it. Definitely a better start then the first season alot of funnier humor and character development.

Episode 8 is the best episode of the whole series. So many laughs.

That Kiss, that old Todd tease, elijah wood.

So far Season 2 has so many memorable moments. Feels like every scene is as good as the drug scene from Season 1.

Smartphones in love was damn funny.

Maximo

Episode 8 is the best episode of the whole series. So many laughs.

That Kiss, that old Todd tease, elijah wood.

So far Season 2 has so many memorable moments. Feels like every scene is as good as the drug scene from Season 1.

Smartphones in love was damn funny.
Jesus Christ the screaming at the gameshow is haliarious.

Okay i am now trough them all.

Its now consistent when it comes to quality of jokes and sad moments.

Episode 11 hits really hard. Needed a short break after that episode.
Episode 12 has a good ending and i hope we get Season 3 asap.

Just got a notification on my phone that this is up. I'll start watching it over the weekend. It took me a bit of time to warm to season 1, but in the end it got really good.

Darksol

Ep 7:
Hey Bojack, in your book it talked about how much you like apple fritters. So my question is, do you think Israel has a right to defend herself?

Netflix on PC hides the D from Episodes on Bojack Horseman. Now its "Episo es"

Also im glad they stuck with Hollywoo for another season

Matriox

3 episodes in so far before I had to go to work. Holy crap this show. I didn't think there was any way it would be able to live up to the hype I had after such an amazing first season, but so far this is incredible. Episode 1 starts off heavy and continues to be perfect, I get way too emotional/too many feels from a show about a talking horse..

Ralemont

not me
So I actually just started Season 1 last night, and this show is great. I love the intelligent dark comedy juxtaposed next to extremely stupid animal jokes.

For some reason, I could not stop laughing at the two dogs at the grocery store.

"I looove chocolate, even though it will literally kill me!"
"Story of my life!"
"Hwahahahaha!"

Atrophis

Fucking opening of Episode 3 :(

God damnit Bojack why you gotta cut so deep.

Edit: then an amazing gag after the opening credits. This show.

Darksol

Holy fuck, episode
. Great episode 12 too. When's season 3? >.<

Also, that was
Ricky Gervais
in the last episode, wasn't it?

I'm five episodes in and I will be very surprised if this season doesn't end up being overall a lot better than the first (which I also loved). Also, I am completely in love with all the dumb animal jokes.

Akahige

I concur with everyone else, Episode 8 was fantastic, this show has fallen into very absurd comedy route well, I guess I should say even more absurd since the first season was pretty crazy got from the premise.

I've only seen up to episode 8 but I do hope the
Diane and Hank storyline is wrapped up and not just a one off thing, it would be nice to see a predator get his due even in a cartoon.

So was this episode in the making before or after Cosby's Netflix special was pulled?

Goddamn, they went all out for the guest voices this season.
Patton Oswald only voices one character an episode this time around.

My thoughts:

Whereas the first season was about figuring out that nobody is beyond the capability of change, season two was all about the reality that our decisions are permanent. No amount of change can change the past, or make your future questionable decisions any less... horrible. And that's scary.

At first, the entire Charlotte episode seems like a simple contrast of the fantasy life BoJack envisioned with her in season one (nothing is every perfect), but then you realize as you look closer at it that the real horror story is that the fantasy life could have been a reality... but BoJack was too stubborn and stupid to choose that. And then BoJack kind of does get that fantasy... only to ruin it absolutely and irreversibly when it becomes clear that it is not his exact version.

Darksol

I actually kind of missed the limited use of Pinky Penguin this season. Ah well, I'm sure he'll do more in future seasons :)

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Goddamn, they went all out for the guest voices this season.

lol Can we get like a full (spoiler tagged) list? Some of them just happened so quickly.

One of the clever cameos I just came across was
Aisha Tyler and one of the other Whose Line Is It Anyway folks playing improve people.

Also, just saw Episode 11 a little while ago.
Like...
fuck

Stoze

Just finished it, great season that was consistently better than the first one. Really liked a lot of the jokes this time around.

Ep 11 ending was heavy. I think they might've planned to make that the final episode at first since
the OP credits song plays at the end
, but ended up going with Ep 12 since they wanted to leave the season off with a more hopeful ending. Just my theory though.

But yeah, in ep 11:
Hearing Charlotte say "If you ever try to contact me or my family again, I will fucking kill you"...damn.

DeviantBoi

Lost it when I realized it was the actual Paul McCartney in the cake.
Same here. Thought that the joke was predictable, but when I saw the credits, I bust out laughing.

Amazing season!

The downside of binging it all on one day is that we have to wait 12 months for the next season. If we were to get them an episode per week, the wait would only be about 9 months.

At least we do get a bunch of other Netflix shows in the meantime. That makes it bearable

uniform

Is there much Vincent Adultman in the new season, or is he busy with adult stuff like calling the guy at the office and taking the car to the place?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom