• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BoJack Horseman S2 |OT| Hollywoo’s Biggest Comeback – Spoiler Tags until 7/31

Status
Not open for further replies.

batbeg

Been waiting for this all night rewatching the first season even though I just watched it earlier this week.

Suck a dick, dumb shits!

ivysaur12

Banned
I watched the pilot and wasn't really that into it. What was the general consensus on the rest of season 1? Or was that fairly representative of the season's humor?

saunderez

I watched the pilot and wasn't really that into it. What was the general consensus on the rest of season 1? Or was that fairly representative of the season's humor?

An incredibly dark journey into the psyche of a has-been TV horse. Episode 1 isn't really a great yard stick.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
So 30 minutes left guys.

What was your favourite Moment of season 1?

Mine was the drug scene.

Mine too, especially towards the end.

"What are you thinking about?"
"Just how nice things could have been if you had chosen this life."

Stoze

Yes. They talked about it on a Nerdist podcast (http://nerdist.com/nerdist-writers-panel-167-bojack-horseman/) though it's been a while so I can't remember exactly how they phrased it or what the timecode is.

Basically, because Netflix allows binge viewing, they figured people would watch it all in one go, so that afforded them a number of liberties. Among these liberties is not having to reintroduce characters each episode. But also they thought that before getting into the series' dark, subversive storyline, they should contrast it with a really generic and uninspired episode or two to start out with. It didn't occur to them that most people would not watch further than the first episode if it didn't start out amazing.

Didn't see this as I posted, that's kind of interesting. The thing is though I don't really think they ever got around to nailing the comedy beats completely even in the later episodes, which did get serious and dark successfully at moments, but it was still 80% quirky Adult Swim-esque comedy cartoon. I really think people overexaggerate how dark and depressing it gets. But yeah, overall the writing gets much better as the series goes on.

I think what really makes the show entertaining to me is that it feels really grounded even though half the population is animals along with some other fun/weird stuff.

DJ_Lae

Damn it, I saw this thread and immediately opened Netflix only to be disappointed that season 2 wasn't up yet.

batbeg

For some reason on my ps4 episode one didn't appear anywhere so apparently I watched episode 2 first. That sucks.

Hamlet

Episode 1 -
Feel good to have the show back, but man talk about a heavy start and ending to the first episode.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Holy crap did anyone else notice
the kid in the background getting abducted at The Used Mattress Pile in Todd's Disneyland
in Episode 2?

Apart from that, this has been a great start to the season. Defs shown some improvement from the previous one already.

Jesus Christ.

They go from ridiculous comedy to heartbreakingly real drama in this episode. Gawd. This type of shit would never, ever fly on a network.

Episode 3 Easter Egg (0:16):
Disneys The Dinosaurs baby

Episode 4 Spoiler
Two Smartphones in love. I cant stop laughing.

Rafavert

Here's a curiosity for episode 4:
Originally, it wasn't Michael Bublé in the cake. I don't really wanna say who it was, but the change was made at the last minute.

Also, what's with the butts in Mr Peanutbutter's house?

I'm on episode 2. So much better than season 1. Fantastic.

The owl who has been in a 30 year coma
I haven't had sex in 30 years... I hope

Holy crap did anyone else notice
the kid in the background getting abducted at The Used Mattress Pile in Todd's Disneyland
in Episode 2?

Apart from that, this has been a great start to the season. Defs shown some improvement from the previous one already.
I had to look back and you are right well spotted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom