• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bojack Horseman Season 3 Trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csz_-JougZQ

From Vulture:
When Netflix's BoJack Horseman returns for a third season July 22, our titular horseman will no longer be a depressed, alcoholic former TV star; instead, he'll be a depressed, alcoholic current movie star! How did that happen? As the season-three trailer shows, BoJack's Secretariat biopic is a smash hit, and our equine hero now finds himself at the top of the Oscar shortlist. Clearly this newfound professional success will make everything better for him, right? Right?

Also follow the Bojack Horseman official twitter feed. It's pretty cool. Bojack agrees with me on Mr. Peanutbutter!

"You know, it's funny. When you look at someone through rose-colored glasses all the red flags just look like flags."

Ready!

Edit: Also, OP, maybe just put a leeetle more effort in? It premieres July 22nd.

SeriousApes

Looking forward to this.

A friend of mine was praising this show back before I'd heard of it, and I almost didn't want to watch it because he was being a little obnoxious about it - how good it is, but I'm really glad I eventually did!

C4Lukins

Not sure if I am looking forward to it. Such a great but dark show. Louie feels like a cake walk compared to Bojack when it comes to uncomfortable moments. And this is a show where an animated horse plays the lead.

Rafavert

Oh God, they put the "What matters is this moment" scene. My soul cries.

Be on your toes. This season is awesome and episode
is going to be a tad polemic.

I love the show and the fact that there's an underwater city where you have to wear an old school bowl over your head to "breath" underwater is amazing. This show really knocks it out of the part every time I watch it.

Magilla

Banned
Shit. I thought is was already out. I was planning on watching it tonight!
EmP78G6.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
maybe I should watch seasons 1 and 2...

Archurro

Have you seen it already? How would you rate it in comparison to season 2?

Rafavert

Have you seen it already? How would you rate it in comparison to season 2?

I'd say it's better. I really like this series' more emotional moments and season 3 has more of them than 2. The second half of the season has a lot of that sweet sadness that only BoJack Horseman knows.

Archurro

I'd say it's better. I really like this series' more emotional moments and season 3 has more of them than 2. The second half of the season has a lot of that sweet sadness that only BoJack Horseman knows.

Does it still follow the tradition of the really heavy episode 11 like in the first two seasons?

sn00zer

I dont get this show at all, it not really funny and its not really dramatic. Silicon Valley and similar shows are good dramas and good comedies while ojack seemed like neither.

Rafavert

Does it still follow the tradition of the really heavy episode 11 like in the first two seasons?

Episode 11 is absolutely BRILLIANT. Not only storywise, but also cinematographywise (does this even make sense?). It's a beautiful episode and yes, it's heavy, though only at the very end. The episodes before it all have fairly (unrelated) heavy endings.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Damn, the views on the trailer are insanely low, is the show not as popular as I thought?
It's interesting to see how they've changed how the show is pitched to the audience.

Here's Season 1's trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1eJMig5Ik4

Can't wait for S3

Bojack Horseman is one of those shows that I honestly don't think is THAT funny and when it's not trying to be funny is when I think it's at it's best.

Rafavert

Damn, the views on the trailer are insanely low, is the show not as popular as I thought?

Bojack Horseman is one of those shows that I honestly don't think is THAT funny and when it's not trying to be funny is when I think it's at it's best.

I agree. SOME of the funny moments are amusing, but many are ok at best. It's the other heavy stuff that's truly good. Then again, I think the overall light mood of the series helps the heavier moments stand out.

One thing I love about the show, though, is the ridiculous amount of little details everywhere. Did you ever notice that Mr. Peanutbutter's house is filled with pictures of butts? Or stopped to look at the news at the bottom of the screen when they're showing the news?

I agree. SOME of the funny moments are amusing, but many are ok at best. It's the other heavy stuff that's truly good. Then again, I think the overall light mood of the series helps the heavier moments stand out.

One thing I love about the show, though, is the ridiculous amount of little details everywhere. Did you ever notice that Mr. Peanutbutter's house is filled with pictures of butts? Or stopped to look at the news at the bottom of the screen when they're showing the news?

Yeah, this is one of my favorite things about the show. A lot of the little gags in the background about the animal nature of the characters. That Mr. Peanutbutter's car trunk is filled with tennis balls, or that they play a horse whinny sound when Bojack has sex, that there's a shark playing pool at a bar Bojack goes to, Rutabaga has a carrot bonsai tree, there's a surly duck in charge of the duck shooting gallery, etc. The list goes on and on. It's fun just to rewatch episodes and look at the backgrounds and ignore the story.

Atrophis

Oh fuck, this season is going to destroy me. I'm not in a good place at the moment but I love this show too much not to devour it as soon as it's released.

Zubz

Banned

I take it you work on the show, or are close to those who did? If so, S1 & S2 is one of the best shows on Netflix; I just want to thank you all for the fantastic work!

Bojack Horseman was honestly the best surprise I got last year. I didn't expect much when I started watching, and the first episodes are kinda dull. But damn, it started to get better and better and better. Amazing show.

Rafavert

I take it you work on the show, or are close to those who did? If so, S1 & S2 is one of the best shows on Netflix; I just want to thank you all for the fantastic work!

I worked on the subtitling, so unless you watched in Portuguese, I don't deserve the credit =)

gosox333

I say it every time I can, but it's just so surreal to me that this shitty looking flash animation comedy is hands down my favorite Netflix Original

It will be binged

iammeiam

I tried this show when season one hit and the first episode just did not work for me.

I gave it another shot as background noise half paying attention a month or so ago, and got sucked in--by the midpoint of season one it had graduated to full attention status, and I ended up going back and rewatching the early episodes to catch what I'd missed. It's a much smarter show than first impression makes you think, even with the insanity it fully commits to. Good balance between nonserious work building and serious themes.

Hoping for more Vincent appearances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom