• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BoJack Horseman S2 |OT| Hollywoo’s Biggest Comeback – Spoiler Tags until 7/31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man episode 7 is depressing and topical in the way few shows are.

Yeah. Too bad it doesn't go anywhere after that episode. I know that episode was produced before a conclusion on the matter was definitely made, but a what if/logical conclusion would have been nice.

Yeah but
Bojack seemed to remember her.

Oh, not sure. I'd have to re watch. I seem to recall the reference coming up once before.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Up to Episode 7. Liked it so far but I think Season 1 was a bit better, but can be thats why I had no clue what I were had to expect.

Rafavert

Yeah. Too bad it doesn't go anywhere after that episode. I know that episode was produced before a conclusion on the matter was definitely made, but a what if/logical conclusion would have been nice.

Oh, not sure. I'd have to re watch. I seem to recall the reference coming up once before.

Yeah, he does. The first time it doesn't ring any bells, but when she is mentioned again, and mentions "that" show, he remembers who she was.

Edit: Oh my God, just saw the site xD it's glorious.

Season was fantastic. Episode 11 was probably my favorite of the bunch.

was stressing so hard about Bojack hooking up with Charlotte's daughter... He was so close to doing the right thing.

Amir0x

Banned
Damn this is a really excellent show. I loved how episode 7, Hank After Dark,
plays so masterfully with the whole Cosby-like controversy, whilst exposing how fucked up it is the way we treat situations like this merely because the individual accused may be perceived as "nice." And when Bojack admits he's hurt Diane never apologized for the way she treated revealing his most tender emotional baggage, it just felt raw and real.

Episode 7 and 8 back to back are really just top tier work. Episode 11 was dark as everloving shit. Sometimes I don't know how the show still manages to be funny when juggling the depths of humanities fuckedupness.

only up to Episode 2 so far. pacing myself a bit.

I have one real beef with the show so far, though.

The fountain in front of the Elephantè Restraunt was changed. The elephant is no longer pissing into the gator's mouth.

Infuriating!

Manu

Just finished. Amazing season and a step up over season 1.

Spoilers:

That "If you ever try to contact me or my family again, I will fucking kill you" at the end of episode 11 hit like a truck. Damn. That's how you use cursing in a show.

I hope we didn't see the last of Wanda. I loved her character.

Goddamn, this season really doesn't pull any punches. I've been in a bit of a downer mode the past few days, it certainly isn't helping. :lol

Episode 9 spoilers:
BoJack breaking down and crying was rough, dang.

But on the other hand, (episode 9)
that gag with Ethan Hawke cawwing in the empty studio had me in tears. Fucking hilarious.

So far, it feels like this season has been a lot less about BoJack and a lot more about the people around him. Not that I mind at all, just an observation. Seems like it's all leading up to these final three episodes, though. (episode 10)
BoJack sliding back into the darkness, feels bad man.

Rafavert

Episode 9 spoilers:
BoJack breaking down and crying was rough, dang.
[/spoiler]

I found that to be one of the strongest scenes, specially considering
the speech the director (can't remember her name...) gave him. It hit too close to home for him, yet he still wouldn't break in front of others. His mom did some serious damage. Only after watching a second time did I connect the crying with the cigarette with the flashback at the begining.

Tarydax

Banned
For me, one of the best (or most surprising, I guess) moments was when
Kelsey Jannings was revealed to have been fired. The way the producer (Lennie?) talked about her firing in such an offhand way was fucking ice cold, and it sucked to have a character who was growing on me leave like that, but at the same time, it was really effective.
At that point I knew things were going to
go downhill for Bojack

Also, those last three episodes, damn.
Bojack is really excellent at sabotaging himself.

This is such a fantastic show. Hopefully S3 comes around sooner rather than later.

E the Shaggy

I cannot believe how fucking heavy this show is.

This may honestly be one of the best shows to tackle depression I've ever seen.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
This show is something else. This season was definitely a step up from the first, everything was firing on all cylinders every episode.

Zekes!

Yo that episode 11

Man this show is something else.

Edit: I didn't even see Surface of Me had said the same thing

Opto

Banned
Episode 7 was my favorite
just perfectly capturing the bullshit the media does. Especially that Kanye bit. Damn.

Episode 11
I think he was going to totally have sex with her. He just got rejected by this woman he's been idolizing as a perfect solution to his problems so yeah, he's gonna be a shit person in dealing with that.

Episode 12
WHO IS JILL PILL

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Episode 2.

"Oh no they Disn't"

Also, Wanda is Lisa Kudrow? Goddamn, didn't see that coming.

Chris R

EP6
I can't be the only one who has NEVER seen a bagel rapidly exit a toaster right?

EP7
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ #dongers420

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
I can totally see
a Birdman parody episode happening for next season

Then, I don't think this show would do that at all either because it's hasn't necessarily done an explicit one so far.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I can totally see
a Birdman parody episode happening for next season

Then, I don't think this show would do that at all either because it's hasn't necessarily done an explicit one so far.

That was basically the opener to episode 8.

Mike M

Nick N
I can't believe I never noticed it before, but during the opening credits when he gets drunk and backs over the railing, he passes his own pool, meaning everything after that point can't actually happen.

Is... Is the entire series a flashback/hallucination as he falls to his death?

Matriox

Doing a rewatch just to see what I missed because there are so many amazing visual jokes.
Bojack is having a Smoodie before his morning run LOL.

Not

Banned
I'm five episodes into the first season. Ughh, guys. This show is not clicking with me. The commentary "asides" about American militarism and patriarchal effects on teen pop stars are the best part so far, even though they're shoehorned in to give a pulpit to the writer. I've smiled twice. I'll press on.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
I'm five episodes into the first season. Ughh, guys. This show is not clicking with me. The commentary "asides" about American militarism and patriarchal effects on teen pop stars are the best part so far, even though they're shoehorned in to give a pulpit to the writer. I've smiled twice. I'll press on.

Keep going - you're only scratching the surface.

Matriox

although I really like the space opera episode, you really need to continue watching. It just gets better.

These impressions are enough to make me check this show out, about to watch episode 1. It's pretty crazy how great the user reviews are on both meteoritic and rotten tomatoes compared to critic's reviews. If I remember right, it takes a few episodes to really get good?

EDIT: Haha, the comments right above mine are saying just what I thought I remembered hearing.

Nyx

I'm 6 episodes in and like the season better than the first so far. (which I already loved!)

That EP about ''Becca'' had me in tears. (of laughter)

Mike M

Nick N
I'm kind of surprised episode 11 went all scorched earth on burning the bridges on that plot line. I thought at the beginning of the season that they were going to spread that out over at least another season, but nooooooope. Jesus.

Well shit. That was incredible.

Really hope they bring Wanda / Kudrow back next season. She was one of the high points of the series.

"I guess when you see someone through rose tinted glasses, red flags are just flags."

That hit pretty deep.

Apologies for the caps, but..

OH MY GOD EPISODE EIGHT.

MY SHIP! IT SAILED! I DON'T CARE IF IT'S A FAKE TV KISS I AM GOING TO REPOST THAT ON TUMBLR FOREVER. BJ/PB OTP!

PSqueak

Banned
Saw the entire season in one sitting, pretty solid, i loved it!

Highlites for me:

-They adressed where the meat comes from. It had been hinted before with some of the Cow waitress jokes, but they actually made an episode to adress it, never saw it coming.
-Diane basically turning into Bojack, im not talking only about becoming a slobby mess, but how she acted in her birthday by being super stubborn and not recognizing what mr. PB was doing for her, the Hank episode, the way she realized she couldn't cut it for what she thought she wanted to do, it was an interesting thing because she always played herself as being better than Bojack, and it was like she was realizing she's not so different
-I specially loved how they were building up Princess Carolyn's sub plot as if Rutabaga was gonna screw her over only to have HER screwing him over at the last moment, she is my fave character and this moment was so satisfying.
-Mr. Peanut Butter was written SO MUCH BETTER this season, he quickly became one of my faves over the season, before he was kind of annoying.
-Writing out Vincent was a good move, they quit while the joke was still funny instead of running it into the ground, kinda mixed feelings about we as viewers finding out he actually was 3 kids in a trenchcoat (as opposed to the theory that only bojack saw him like that) but i loved that nobody in universe found out.
-This isn't anything new or spoilery, but i liked that they played up the continuity bits in the intro, last season the only change in the intro was the D off the Hollywood sign (which btw, was awesomely implented into the "lore" of the show), but this season having so much things happening and reflecting in the intro was a very nice touch.

Last Episode
I died @ Diane's ringtone. I want it!

No need to spoiler this, she had it on season one too.

Mike M

Nick N
My biggest gripe:
Jill Pill (who I bet will be a pill bug or married to one). I don't mind the S3 story hook, or the fact that she's someone from BoJack's past we didn't know about, but it bugs the ever living shit out of me that she's someone from BoJack's "other TV show" that we never even knew existed. I have a hard time imagining a justifiable reason to hide that from the audience. Just seems like they decided to bolt that onto BoJack's past, was it ever even mentioned in passing?

Opto

Banned
My biggest gripe:
Jill Pill (who I bet will be a pill bug or married to one). I don't mind the S3 story hook, or the fact that she's someone from BoJack's past we didn't know about, but it bugs the ever living shit out of me that she's someone from BoJack's "other TV show" that we never even knew existed. I have a hard time imagining a justifiable reason to hide that from the audience. Just seems like they decided to bolt that onto BoJack's past, was it ever even mentioned in passing?
My guess?
It was Bojack's Joey, but cancelled even faster.

My biggest gripe:

How did you feel about
Herb's cancer going into remission, then him dying from a car crash/peanut allergy or Todd working on Disneyland for the past five years
? That felt like a bit of a renege to me, but it was in service of an entertaining story line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom