• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Broad City Season 2 |OT| Wednesdays on Comedy Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bread

Banned
Abby's secret handshakes with the BB&B crew were great. Gotta love the kick step.
houseparty-dance-kidnplay-gif.gif

Ran rp

Overall it was a pretty good episode, but the rape jokes were disappointing. Really wasn't expecting that from them.

PSY・S;147759065 said:
Overall it was a pretty good episode, but the rape jokes were disappointing. Really wasn't expecting that from them.

That they used rape jokes or that they weren't funny? I thought it was hilarious mostly cause of Ilana's delivery of:

"You know, I've never been to this neighbourhood before but I'm not scared because I'm with a stone cold RAPIST! Listen, Ab, it's reverse rapism. You're raping rape culture."

I can see "Maybe your dad should have pulled out" being used a lot more now XD

rude

Banned
The rape joke thing is slightly overblown imo. I understand how the topic of rape is too much for people, but in the context of this episode it seemed more like they were making fun of the growing, hyper aware culture surrounding rape and what makes a rapist a rapist. Again, I understand that it's a sensitive topic.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Abbi & Ilana are incredible. Man do I love how they don't give a fuck what they mock.

Bevers can go to hell though. Don't think I've really laughed much at him outside of his first appearance. Only weak spot of the show imo.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
That random little side plot with Ilana's boss was kinda messed up. Got me feeling sorry for that aborted Macklemore lookin motherfucker.

I lost it when the black girl intern said "is it because we made out?", fucking Ilana LOL.

I didn't understand what happened there :eek:

Abby went digging in the popcorn and rubbed up against her vagina.

Kind of like the BS "guy cuts hole in bottom of popcorn bucket and puts his dick in to get girl to touch it" gag of old.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Naked Abby dance scene is literally the greatest thing ever.

Broad City interviews Sleater-Kinney
sleaterkinney_broadcity_wide-bf29629d02d37d868b55c04343a3d027a1bb0c1b-s400-c85.jpg

It's a bit of a love in :p

Abbi's flubs are the cutest.

28:50
Abbi: "We could not be a show without you. Even though you're music and we're comedy, I feel like it's the same. I feel empowered by you guys."

Corin: "When we watch your show, I want to write a song."

Ilana: "That's crazy!"

Abbi: "That's nuts!"

Carrie: "A lot of people feel like that about your show. About friendship, about realness and specificity, it's hilarious and it's just awesome. I'm sure your show is inspiring people to do a lot of things."

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
That's a really shitty way to make firecrackers, but I'm still thrilled they put it in the show.

I eat a firecracker an hour before the Workaholics + Broad City block each week. This is special to me.

Rembrandt

Banned
This episode was great. Idk the name of their gay friend, but he's always hilarious. Him and ilana make the perfect team. Lots of nudity so far this season and I'm not complaining, but I'm kinda surprised. Lincoln was absolutely right; he should have saw this coming. The dancing scene at the end had me dying, especially when it cut to her briefly dancing in front of Jeremy. Abby's so awkward. Next weeks episode looks really good, too.

Damerman

this show has me laughing hysterically almost every episode... Hopefully it gets renewed forever, i'll watch it forever.

I was just sitting there pleasingly dumbfounded at the ongoing art shenanigans in the intro and thinking back to Rude Awakening on Showtime from back in the day in terms of surprisingly involved nudity situations.

Such a great ep/season/show---it just keeps ramping up!

This episode was great. Idk the name of their gay friend, but he's always hilarious. Him and ilana make the perfect team. Lots of nudity so far this season and I'm not complaining, but I'm kinda surprised. Lincoln was absolutely right; he should have saw this coming. The dancing scene at the end had me dying, especially when it cut to her briefly dancing in front of Jeremy. Abby's so awkward. Next weeks episode looks really good, too.

when he said this is was loving this. everyone saw that coming

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Bevers can go to hell though. Don't think I've really laughed much at him outside of his first appearance. Only weak spot of the show imo.

Really? I love Bevers. He is like every nightmare roommate I've ever had wrapped into one.

I mean come on... you didn't laugh when he ran out of the apartment post bug-bomb?

Leunam

This episode was great. Idk the name of their gay friend, but he's always hilarious. Him and ilana make the perfect team.

His name is Jaime, and I always remember that because that's the name of my younger brother who is also guy. We had one episode this season that Bevers was a pretty big part of so hopefully Jaime gets his turn as well. He cracks me up.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I was talking about comedy shows on another site, and someone lumped Broad City in with Always Sunny and Workaholics as "shows about terrible people doing terrible things", and I don't think there has ever been a statement that I was so immediately, indignantly dismissive of.

Abbi and Ilana are wonderful, lovely people.

Leunam

It's a better show than the other two by a country mile.

Abbi and Ilana mean well for the most part. It's been pretty obvious over both seasons.

Dereck

I was talking about comedy shows on another site, and someone lumped Broad City in with Always Sunny and Workaholics as "shows about terrible people doing terrible things", and I don't think there has ever been a statement that I was so immediately, indignantly dismissive of.

Abbi and Ilana are wonderful, lovely people.
Everyone has an opinion and sometimes, you don't have to care about them. In the shows that I've seen, the Always Sunny cast is in a league of their own, they are terrible people, up, down, left and right.

In Workaholics, the three main characters vary from being stoners, consistently irresponsible, and sometimes jackasses, but they have not done anything as bad as anything anyone has done in Always Sunny, they're leagues behind in that department.

Most people make mistakes and aren't perfect, look at a show like New Girl, a lot of the cast can be unreasonable and do bad things sometimes. When I look at Broad City, I see two main characters, one who is usually responsible, and one who is a little careless and is a slacker. The person who said that, I wonder what made him or her say that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom