• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Broad City - Wednesdays on Comedy Central @ 10:30pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something about this show--I've laughed maybe three times throughout all of the episodes but it's still super likeable. And yeah, Hannibal dominates scenes.
There's definite chemistry between a lot of them, and it's presented in a very friendly and trusting way. Like even when they're being total shitheads, you're thinking "I get it."

There are few genuine characters like Lincoln in TV now. The very first scene of the show is him finding out his relationship is just physical, but where many shows would get creepy and gross with him, he's legitimately stayed friends with Ilana and behaves like an adult about it. There's even that scene where he's like "why didn't you tell me about Abbi? She's my friend, too." It's very sweet without being forced.

big ander

Hannibal got his own show on Comedy Central, for anyone who didn't hear. 10 eps, called Unemployable. I hope it doesn't limit him on Broad City though, I'd love to see him do both.

That commercial scene
tumblr_mlkvtrGZDD1qc8qobo1_500.gif

beat

(I only found this thread now... sorry!)

Broad City is amazing. It's easily the second- or third-best comedy on television currently.
I agree.

And it's almost unbelievable that a new show created and run by two young women making their first TV show ever (sure, they've been making the webseries for a few years before this) is this damn good. But it is. It's super funny and super self-assured that it's funny. And the show really loves Ilana, and Abbi, and Jaime, and Lincoln, and Jeremy, and to a lesser extent even Bevers and Trey and Derek.

Just thinking about some of the other new sitcoms I've seen this year, those ones hate all their characters (Mixology), or they're flailing around because they don't know how to be funny (Spun Out)...

This show also plays around with experimental directing and sound editing choices more than most sitcoms I can think of, and they almost always work.

And this all started in part because Jacobsen and Glazer weren't advancing in the UCB theater system enough, so they made their own stuff rather than get bummed out about not getting on improv teams at the UCB. Super inspiring.

DominoKid

8 thousand fucking dollars!

the SelectDate commercial had me in pain.

i love this show so much. Ilana makes a good video chick too.

(I only found this thread now... sorry!)

I agree.

And it's almost unbelievable that a new show created and run by two young women making their first TV show ever (sure, they've been making the webseries for a few years before this) is this damn good. But it is. It's super funny and super self-assured that it's funny. And the show really loves Ilana, and Abbi, and Jaime, and Lincoln, and Jeremy, and to a lesser extent even Bevers and Trey and Derek.

Just thinking about some of the other new sitcoms I've seen this year, those ones hate all their characters (Mixology), or they're flailing around because they don't know how to be funny (Spun Out)...

This show also plays around with experimental directing and sound editing choices more than most sitcoms I can think of, and they almost always work.

And this all started in part because Jacobsen and Glazer weren't advancing in the UCB theater system enough, so they made their own stuff rather than get bummed out about not getting on improv teams at the UCB. Super inspiring.

Any other channel, this show wouldnt get a fair push. I'm glad this and Workaholics found a home on Comedy Central.

beat

I believe they actually had a deal at FX at first but it fell through and that's why they're on Comedy Central. But they say the show on CC is way better than what they were making at FX.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I've seen all but the most recent ep or two. Really enjoying it, it makes me laughs and both chicks are pretty fantastic.

Well, that's not entirely true. Yes, they didn't get onto a house team, but they were/are super well known and respected by everyone in the community.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Season Finale (NOOOOOOO) tonight:

The Last Supper

The girls go to a fancy-ass restaurant for Abbi's birthday. Abbi must come to terms with being a "nasty bitch" while Ilana pushes through self-inflicted side effects of their hoity toity meal.

tumblr_n2yj0viw7R1qb83vbo1_400.png

Yeah, this is going in the season 2 OT.

Watched the last two episodes back-to-back over the weekend, loved them. Amy Poehler and that waiter guy were amazing together.

Hope season 2 happens relatively soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom