• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buried knife found on O.J. Simpson's former property being tested by LAPD

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuyKazama

It seems like though if the knife does turn out to be a murder weapon they can still go after him with a civil case, right? Or did they already exhaust that?

He lost his civil case. For some reason, though, nobody can touch his NFL pension (25k/mo).

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
What the fuck is wrong with that cop. "Hey, I've been keeping this knife that the police department was moving heaven and earth to find back in the day. Can I get the CASE NUMBER THAT IS OBVIOUSLY ASSOCIATED WITH THIS KNIFE ENGRAVED ON IT SO THAT I CAN HANG IT ON MY WALL?"

What the FUCK.

Herbs

Banned
It's really simple guys. Someone from FX buried it years ago in anticipation of the American Crime Story series. Instant marketing.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Wait, did I read that right? Some cop just had it lying around in house (or wherever) for some years and now that he is retiring he mentions that he has it? What the fuck is this?
I must continue to misread that

In late January of this year, after the cop retired from the LAPD, he contacted a friend who worked in LAPD's Robbery Homicide Division (RHD). The cop told the friend about the knife and said he was getting it framed to put on his wall. He wanted his friend to get the DR (Departmental Record) number for the Nicole Brown Simpson/Ronald Goldman murder case, which he planned on engraving in the frame.

What the fuck, that's even WORSE
This can'T be true. It just can't

strafer

Cct4I6qWoAA9NLX.jpg

YOU ATE MY SANDWHICH.............................!!!

uhm like 90% of the country i believe OJ did it but how does it take this long to find a knife in his yard... this smells of planting evidence to me.

Kaladin

The Brown and Goldman families already brought civil suits and won. Nobody else would have standing.

He lost his civil case. For some reason, though, nobody can touch his NFL pension (25k/mo).

Thanks, I couldn't remember if they had done that or not. It seems like the only thing we'd get from this knife is closure.

So really, the mis-handling of the evidence gets a pass here as it's meaningless if they can still test it for DNA.

kaiju

So the cop intended to keep a possible murder weapon encased as a souvenir for display in his home. Sure, that's normal. Jesus.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Turns out the cop -- who worked in the traffic division -- was off duty at the time, working security for a movie shoot at a house across the street on Rockingham. Our sources say the officer took the knife home and kept it ... kept it for years.

In late January of this year, after the cop retired from the LAPD, he contacted a friend who worked in LAPD's Robbery Homicide Division (RHD). The cop told the friend about the knife and said he was getting it framed to put on his wall. He wanted his friend to get the DR (Departmental Record) number for the Nicole Brown Simpson/Ronald Goldman murder case, which he planned on engraving in the frame.
what the fuck.

The guy should go to prison for perverting the course of justice.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Charge the Cop, See if you could somehow Charge Kato, AC, or anyone else still alive that might have buried it (if not OJ), and see if you can charge OJ with Obstruction or Evidence Tampering, things he wasn't charge with before (not even sure if that's possible).

And to think, I thought the dude who framed his shitty lineup drawing in Making a Murderer was dumb

He stole the knife, kept it for years
Then just now decided to get the case number because he's legit stupid

ElRenoRaven

If this is true then dammmmmmmnnn. It will be more proof they screwed that case up. How do you not find something freshly buried on the property at the time it happened? At least it will be 100 percent proof that he did it.

Charge the Cop, See if you could somehow Charge Kato, AC, or anyone else still alive that might have buried it (if not OJ), and see if you can charge OJ with Obstruction or Evidence Tampering, things he wasn't charge with before (not even sure if that's possible).

Lmao that shit would get laughed out of court. How in the fuck with a straight face are you gonna prove who buried a knife 20+ years ago, a knife that your own department mishandled in the first place? Might as well try charging Cuba Gooding Jr. while you are at it.

Lonestar

Lmao that shit would get laughed out of court. How in the fuck with a straight face are you gonna prove who buried a knife 20+ years ago, a knife that your own department mishandled in the first place? Might as well the charging Cuba Gooding Jr. while you are at it.

I LIKE THE SOUND OF THIS

It would be funny if this came back with evidence that OJ did it, not to put him in jail but just to open up all the drama again for him (if he is guilty)

...and I literally just finished watching episode 1 of this before seeing this news in the OT.

I know very little about the case, besides the infamous car 'chase' so I might have to do some further reading.
There's a 5 part 30 for 30 coming that has been getting rave reviews. I'd hold off till then.

ElRenoRaven

...and I literally just finished watching episode 1 of this before seeing this news in the OT.

I know very little about the case, besides the infamous car 'chase' so I might have to do some further reading.

I remember being a teen at the time watching it. It was just fascinating to watch the case live on tv. The racial tension during and after was so thick you could cut it with a knife.

If this is true then dammmmmmmnnn. It will be more proof they screwed that case up. How do you not find something freshly buried on the property at the time it happened? At least it will be 100 percent proof that he did it.

I thought they had people trawling that property with a fine-toothed comb for a solid week after the murders.

Just... wow.

Dishwalla

Banned
The stupidity of this is astounding. Yeah, let me just frame this rusty old knife found in a killer's yard that just may have the blood of the victims on it. Who does that?

That cop should be relieved from his duty at the very least, shouldn't be on the force anymore. edit: oh, retiring. Bah.

I always like how evidence comes out the same time as the TV show

Same thing with the show about Robert Durst (The Jinx)

Lonestar

On second thought, Cuba might become too big a star for Season 2. I know the perfect replacement. Wild and Crazy Kid's Omar Gooding.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
The stupidity of this is astounding. Yeah, let me just frame this rusty old knife found in a killer's yard that just may have the blood of the victims on it. Who does that?

LAPD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom