• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buried knife found on O.J. Simpson's former property being tested by LAPD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
screenshot_2016-03-04krsiu.png

Dai101

Banned
The stupidity of this is astounding. Yeah, let me just frame this rusty old knife found in a killer's yard that just may have the blood of the victims on it. Who does that?

That cop should be relieved from his duty at the very least, shouldn't be on the force anymore.

2VnDMcp.jpg

Cody_D165

Banned
What the fuck is wrong with that cop. "Hey, I've been keeping this knife that the police department was moving heaven and earth to find back in the day. Can I get the CASE NUMBER THAT IS OBVIOUSLY ASSOCIATED WITH THIS KNIFE ENGRAVED ON IT SO THAT I CAN HANG IT ON MY WALL?"

What the FUCK.

This is some Phoenix Wright shit.

Lmao that shit would get laughed out of court. How in the fuck with a straight face are you gonna prove who buried a knife 20+ years ago, a knife that your own department mishandled in the first place? Might as well try charging Cuba Gooding Jr. while you are at it.

There has to be some sort of law against his post-Jerry Maguire career.

Nodnol

I don't know what's more fucked up; the fact that this cop kept a potential murder weapon as a souvenir, or this double jeapardy thing. So if new evidence came to light that was conclusive, got the killer bang to rights etc, if he's already been acquitted then he has nothing further to answer for?

Rival

Gold Member
I'd find it next to impossible to believe that oj would have been able to bury a knife on his property that wouldn't be found by the police while they were investigating regardless of how inept they seemed to be. The thing about the evidence against oj that always stunk to me was the drops of blood that were found. Those two people were absolutely butchered. There would have been blood everywhere. I sliced my thumb open years ago and there was literally blood all over me and the floor and my shoes, car, etc. I just don't know.

Lmao that shit would get laughed out of court. How in the fuck with a straight face are you gonna prove who buried a knife 20+ years ago, a knife that your own department mishandled in the first place? Might as well try charging Cuba Gooding Jr. while you are at it.

Don't give the LAPD any ideas.

Dai101

Banned

tumblr_nn2fwh5wVs1qd479ro1_1280.gif

Are people really getting surprised that LAPD bungled the case?

I'm convinced the Police Academy movies was a documentary of the lapd.

Really? This would be new evidence, wouldn't it?

Aren't there cases where someone has been acquitted, DNA testing advances, then get a new lead and retest the evidence to find that the person that was acquitted before is now guilty?
Nope. He was acquitted

I don't know what's more fucked up; the fact that this cop kept a potential murder weapon as a souvenir, or this double jeapardy thing. So if new evidence came to light that was conclusive, got the killer bang to rights etc, if he's already been acquitted then he has nothing further to answer for?

No. People have a right to a speedy trial, and to not have some crazy overzealous prosecutor hang something over them for the rest of their lives. Think about how easily that could be abused.

This is more about the LAPD's complete incompetence IMO, than it is about OJ's guilt.

We know he did it.

What's disgusting is the police officers of the LAPD.

First Mark Furhman. Now this clown.

They have zero respect for the law.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
if they can't use the knife for anything then it's not the cop's fault. It's certainly crass but it doesn't change the outcome.

edit: actually this assumes OJ did it (which he did). I suppose they could've tested it for other suspects. Yeah, looking at it like that it's pretty messed up that he didn't tell anyone.

mr2xxx

Banned
Didn't think It was possible to have an even lower opinion of the LAPD, but here we are having murder weapons being conversation pieces in the home.

foxtrot3d

Banned
It would do nothing to impact OJ Simpson. He has already been charged and found not guilty, and our system of law prevents double jeopardy. If the knife produced evidence that implicated somebody else, then yes, it would then be useful, but now chain of custody is in question.

All of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom