• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

biteren

The only weapons you need:

Bal27 or KF5

Not touching this game until they've nerfed above or made every other weapon useful.

Also dedicated servers added to PC, can't stand the p2p

Whats so powerful about the BAL apart from just having SMG style hip fire???, BAL users coulnt stop me when i use the Godlike HBRa3, they coulnt stop me when i first started using it, they cant stop me now.

The Beard

Whats so powerful about the BAL apart from just having SMG style hip fire???, BAL users coulnt stop me when i use the Godlike HBRa3, they coulnt stop me when i first started using it, they cant stop me now.

It does everything very well. It hipfires like a SMG but it only takes 3 shots to kill at close range. Accuracy is great. Good range. Fire rate is better than HBRa. I have the Obsidian Steel variant and it boosts damage +1, it's a beast. It's the only weapon I use, besides a shotgun in a couple maps.

The HBRa is decent but I don't like the slow fire rate.

I got this game on XB1 and I am really, really impressed with the campaign. I will not touch multiplayer (I usually hate COD multiplayer).

The visuals are fantastic. And the story and cinematic sequences have been great so far. When the main character had his
prosthetic arm plugged into a computer and a scientist was telling me to move his fingers, I couldn't help but smile. That was DAMN cool
. The game play is the usual COD stuff - not great, but good and gets the job done.

Also, surprise, surprise, the Press F To Pay Respects sequence was the complete opposite of laughable. Funny what context can do, huh?

Yeah I never understood why people were so quick to laugh at it (the funeral scene). It was fine.

I agree though. The campaign pleasantly surprised me. It was much better than I expected. And quite visually impressive as well.

biteren

It does everything very well. It hipfires like a SMG but it only takes 3 shots to kill at close range. Accuracy is great. Good range. Fire rate is better than HBRa. I have the Obsidian Steel variant and it boosts damage +1, it's a beast. It's the only weapon I use, besides a shotgun in a couple maps.

The HBRa is decent but I don't like the slow fire rate.

apples and oranges my friend, everytime i use BAL i dont do so great, HBRa3 on the otherhand i do absolutely well with, and there hasnt been a BAL user that i coulnt take down with a HBRa3, its a Jedi's weapon

but ima wierdo like that, the most preferred weapon in the game is my least favorite of the full autos

Exo survival is awesome. I'm doing it solo mostly and it's really satisfying when I can flip a map by myself.

How hard is the final map for one person?

biteren

Exo survival is awesome. I'm doing it solo mostly and it's really satisfying when I can flip a map by myself.

i havent tried exo survival for a while but i think you will do good by yourself, its too hard online, matchmade teams cant make it past wave 10

i havent tried exo survival for a while but i think you will do good by yourself, its too hard online, matchmade teams cant make it past wave 10
WTF? Why'd they do that?

I already didn't do that since I don't like that you can't pick the map (aside from the 2 choices they give you, or random.)

I am really annoyed with this matchmaking. I can go on my alt account and it will easily find a game in the classic playlists because of a neutral KDR, but since my main account has a good one, it will not find a game.

This shit is just ridiculous. Whoever thought that matchmaking should be based on KDR should never work on CoD games again, or at least with the MP.

Raven77

Anyone else having difficulty aiming PRIOR to going down the sights?

The game moves the aiming reticule so damn far apart that I can't tell where I'll be pointing once I do pull up my sites. I'm to the point where I want to put a tiny dot on my tv screen right in the middle of the reticule.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
So i think i'm getting a PS4 soon so i'm wondering what happens when i play the campaign again, do i get duplicates if i play the campaign again on the PS4?

biteren

WTF? Why'd they do that?

I already didn't do that since I don't like that you can't pick the map (aside from the 2 choices they give you, or random.)

no no no, you can flip the map tons of times in matchmade, im just saying that its so hard that me and a team cant make it past wave 10

biteren

Anyone else having difficulty aiming PRIOR to going down the sights?

The game moves the aiming reticule so damn far apart that I can't tell where I'll be pointing once I do pull up my sites. I'm to the point where I want to put a tiny dot on my tv screen right in the middle of the reticule.

8a7100e7a4c918ffcbad8f055468efc0.png

do you have any of those gelatin blood splats you stick on windows left over from halloween? :3

i got a doritos fuel shirt from a bag of chips my lady friend got me.

im kinda disappointed that it doesn't say doritos on it and that no one will know that i have a doritos shirt on.

RBK

Banned
Solar is a horrible map.

Retreat, Recovery, Defender, Ascend, and Detroit are the only good maps in the game.

B flag on Solar... worst B flag in any CoD to date IMHO.

oh, im one of those heathens that just plays TDM or Kill Confirmed online. I used to play one in the chamber and those other weird modes from BLOPS but they never got enough love. I also got into search and destroy in COD4, but those were weird times

PSYGN

I am really annoyed with this matchmaking. I can go on my alt account and it will easily find a game in the classic playlists because of a neutral KDR, but since my main account has a good one, it will not find a game.

This shit is just ridiculous. Whoever thought that matchmaking should be based on KDR should never work on CoD games again, or at least with the MP.

Seriously, skill based matchmaking needs to die because the connections become unstable. I'm able to find more matches on my trial account and the connections on them are buttery smooth. At 2kdr and 310spm in TDM, it punishes me by forcing a connection to the small pool of other skilled players who tend to be in parties while I'm stuck with randoms. I often have to do double takes before it registers my kill, or I'd be shooting two shoulders-length away from an enemy as he's strafing to the left on his killcam. It feels like someone is tugging on my exo randomly as I'm taking 10 steps forward, and it puts me 1 step back. Some lobbies are better than others, but I'm not exaggerating on the lag here... it kills.

I have a feeling that they do this to allow new players to do well without getting dominated by parties/clans, which is fine, but it sucks for us skilled players when it forces matchmaking on skill rather than connection. They did the same thing in BO2 for a month or more if I recall correctly, and Treyarch helped Sledgehammer in this game. No way would they make the same mistake twice.

Pikma

Banned
Detroit is terrible. It's a map not designed for exo-skeleton movements. Belongs in traditional COD. Even then, it's a small and plain boring map.

agreed, it's like they designed the map before figuring out they'd be using fucking exo-skeletons

Detroit is terrible. It's a map not designed for exo-skeleton movements. Belongs in traditional COD. Even then, it's a small and plain boring map.
The problem with many maps is that they were over designed for exo movement. Detroit is a good map because it doesn't force you to rely on exo movement to navigate successfully like Instinct, Greenband, or Biolab does.

The other week we were all complaining about lag compensation when in reality it was the SBMM that was the biggest issue. Without it you'd be more likely to get in rooms with people geographically closer to you and as such your ping timings would be smaller and the lag compensation would be less apparent.

Strider

So skill based matchmaking is in?

It all makes sense now...

And I have the same opinion on it that I had at the beginning of BO2. It doesn't belong. Connection should be the only priority in COD outside of ranked play. After all that's why you have ranked play right? To match up with players of similar skill...?

detroit is excellent if you're sliding and boosting to your sides. besides that, yeah, it's tame for the exo-stuff but i really appreciate that given that Terrace is rotten with it and feels broken because of it.

Hip Hop

Wait, is this something that was just activated or what? Cause I just played a couple of matches and I ended up with 2.5+ kdr in them all so I wonder if the game thinks I'm utter shit lol

I really don't know but from what I've seen, it's totally in.

My original try hard account has a 2.0 K/D and I swear I'm playing in sweaty lobbies all the time. So damn competitive.

I made another account that has a low ScorePerMinute and K/D ratio.

Don't even try and I'm winning most of the time on that one. So something is up. Shame as the matchmaking should be purely based on connections.

I think that COD needs full on dedicated servers (official and user rentable on PC and consoles) with a server browser to supplement the traditional lobby. This P2P/dedi hybrid nonsense needs to go away. I'd love to host a server running a rotation of Domination and Momentum on only the best maps.

aravuus

I really don't know but from what I've seen, it's totally in.

My original try hard account has a 2.0 K/D and I swear I'm playing in sweaty lobbies all the time. So damn competitive.

I made another account that has a low ScorePerMinute and K/D ratio.

Don't even try and I'm winning most of the time on that one. So something is up. Shame as the matchmaking should be purely based on connections.

Well I'll be. In that case I'm perfectly fine with the game thinking I'm way worse than I actually am, at least I'll get a couple of easy matches in till it starts matching me with better people.

PSYGN

How can people be upset @ skill based MM. Do you want get shit on by a super clan?

Not just that, but my connection to these people sucks so much ass.

Edit: Speaking for myself, because some people have a great connection regardless.

How can people be upset @ skill based MM. Do you want get shit on by a super clan?
Skill based MM is fine, so long as it's server based connections.

If it's P2P, though, then fuck that noise I want you to connect me to the closest match there is. Otherwise, when your netcode is as sloppy as CODs has been for nearing a decade now im just going to spent most of the match not having my shots register and dying even though i had taken 3-4 steps behind a wall and into cover.

SMZC

I never thought it possible, but AW is the only game where I constantly rage even when I end up with the best score in a given match. The amount of bullshit that plagues this game, all of the randomness, is just ridiculous. Lately I've been noticing that the majority of the matches end with both teams having a very close score. I don't recall this being so much of a thing in previous games of the series, and it's indicative of how little it matters to be good or bad at this game. Between the random kills from behind (or above!) and the garbage netcode/hit detection, skill is effectively thrown out of the window in this game, even for COD standards. And that's saying a lot.

This is really the worst COD by far in my eyes.

QFT. Add to that the sound design is poor so an enemy will be hopping, boosting, going crazy all around you and you'd have no idea until he begins shooting you.

I really miss the days of COD4 and MW2, when sound was an integral part of the gameplay. You didn't even need headphones to take advantage of this.

Do we really know if we're all playing on p2p connections though? I've seen posts from people who've ran tests on this stuff and they claim we're all actually connecting to dedicated servers. So if that's the case, then it has to be poor netcode, or over aggressive lag comp, that's causing the problems. What's weird though is I don't Sledgehammer has come out and confirmed, nor denied, that there are dedicated servers in place. I can't really figure out why they're so silent on the subject either.

Do we really know if we're all playing on p2p connections though? I've seen posts from people who've ran tests on this stuff and they claim we're all actually connecting to dedicated servers. So if that's the case, then it has to be poor netcode, or over aggressive lag comp, that's causing the problems. What's weird though is I don't Sledgehammer has come out and confirmed, nor denied, that there are dedicated servers in place. I can't really figure out why they're so silent on the subject either.

Because responding to it is acknowledgement and puts them on the hook. This is as best as you're going to get:

Advanced Warfare employs game servers hosted at data centers globally on all platforms and listen servers as part of our proprietary matchmaking system. Our goal is to ensure the best possible connection and greatest gameplay experience regardless of location and time of day.

Which really says jackshit. Also, listening servers are essentially P2P.

Because 24/7 stalemates get boring, fast. I'd rather have a a random mix of super clans, 100% noobs, and players equal in skill - the randomness at least gives you a chance to have fun instead of this nonstop 24/7 of having to play serious or pay the consequences.

NHale

Very easy until the last round.
Then just grab the bulldog or EM1 and hide in a corner on the top of the stairs inside the prison. This way you can control the zombies jumping. When exo comes back online you need to start moving, never stop because if you do you get killed in less than 2 seconds.

With matchmaking I believe the last round should be much harder considering 1 hit should kill you immediately.

Top Bottom