• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

geordiemp

I play solo and tonight I backed out of lobbies and did new searches. It puts me back in same lobby almost every time.

Im in UK and I see the same names, probably 3 or 4 groups that I get matched with every single bloody game.

Its tiring. Is COD dying and no one is playing peak time in UK or is it purely SKMM....?

SKMM means mainly COD fans are leaving in droves, crazy. Its like they want to loose their fanbase.

Riot, my god, who thought having rooftops overlooking spawns for head glitch spawn killing was a good idea...? amazing..

I hate those two maps simply because it's so easy to get spawn trapped if people camp those rooftops. Instinct just sucks ass in general though. And damnit why can't I play gorge?

LQX

Activision might have succeeded in finally killing COD on PC. Getting hard to find PC servers and I have had multiple time-outs. I will hate to see what it is like in a few months. Such a damn shame.

Also, I sort of think the reason it has not been region locked yet is because they hope the cheaper Russian copies might provide some stimulus.

Seriously, skill based matchmaking needs to die because the connections become unstable. I'm able to find more matches on my trial account and the connections on them are buttery smooth. At 2kdr and 310spm in TDM, it punishes me by forcing a connection to the small pool of other skilled players who tend to be in parties while I'm stuck with randoms. I often have to do double takes before it registers my kill, or I'd be shooting two shoulders-length away from an enemy as he's strafing to the left on his killcam. It feels like someone is tugging on my exo randomly as I'm taking 10 steps forward, and it puts me 1 step back. Some lobbies are better than others, but I'm not exaggerating on the lag here... it kills.

I have a feeling that they do this to allow new players to do well without getting dominated by parties/clans, which is fine, but it sucks for us skilled players when it forces matchmaking on skill rather than connection. They did the same thing in BO2 for a month or more if I recall correctly, and Treyarch helped Sledgehammer in this game. No way would they make the same mistake twice.

Same problem here. Every lobby I join ends up with me fighting a party with a ton of baddies on my team and my ping runs up high because sometimes they are across the country. Its so stupid and it only punishes people who happen to have some sense in this game.

They aren't doing anyone favors by making matchmaking a "play fair" mechanic. Bad players are going to be bad and play the same regardless of who they are playing with.

Haha wow that is a fantastic idea!

I wanted something a little more permanent, so I drilled a deck screw into the middle of my screen. That way I not only have a reticule, but I can hang a "Do Not Disturb" door hanger off of it. If someone comes in the room and starts talking to me, I point at the screen and they see the note. Too bad it blocks the gun model.

So I haven't went back to MP for awhile, but I tried the SP last night and wow this game is pretty.

Like, ridiculously good looking for a CoD game.

Varna

I have a question. This is the first COD I play since the original Modern Warfare. Is the knife intended to be hilariously OP? I'm pretty much done with guns. I just zip around the map stabbing and shield bashing people now.

Rnr1224

I still find it annoying how defender is still so broken on PC. I can't get any decent fps on that map while others are fine. very annoying and im hoping a patch comes out soon. Otherwise I am loving the MP. Just prestiged and now im experimenting with exo survival and the SP on veteran.

I have a question. This is the first COD I play since the original Modern Warfare. Is the knife intended to be hilariously OP? I'm pretty much done with guns. I just zip around the map stabbing and shield bashing people now.

Ever since MW2, they have boosted the knife's range. I think Treyarch toned it down in BO2, but AW (and maybe Ghosts, idk) brought it back and the melee range is far enough for people to successfully pull of panic knifes.

Up to prestige 3 now. I finished my HBR camos before doing it because I was afraid of the counters resetting but the royalty camo progress hasn't reset.

They still need to fix the issues it caused though because my Bal diamond camo still says 4/7 when all the other camos are actually done.

Riot one of the worst maps? Huh? It's easily one of the best. There's actual strategy and flow to it. Ascend and Defender are the worst by far. It's just chaos every time. There is no map control whatsoever. They are just like big empty playgrounds.

glaurung

Riot one of the worst maps? Huh? It's easily one of the best. There's actual strategy and flow to it. Ascend and Defender are the worst by far. It's just chaos every time. There is no map control whatsoever. They are just like big empty playgrounds.
Solace is a clusterfuck map for me. Especially in Domination where you can ***always*** blindfire the two dudes camping out on opposite rooftops. But once you shoot one, the other one shoots you.

Repeat ad nauseum.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Just want to chime in and agree that Riot is the worst map by a good margin.

agree with who?...seems like everyone seems to have a different map they hate lol

riot is one of my favorites. the interior space at least makes it so that there are some semblance of choke points...versus just being able to exo over everything

Card Boy

Banned
The Heavy Shield is funny as fuck especially with the fast melee attachment. Soon as you melee someone with fast melee they are a goner.

I am running

Heavy Shield+Fast Melee
Perk 1 Slot: Low Profile+Flak Jacket
Perk 2 Slot: Blind Eye+Cold-Blooded
Perk 3 Slot: Blast Suppressor+Hard Wired
Perk 1 Greed+Perk 2 Greed+Perk 3 Greed
Exo Stim
RW1

So do you guys not really play Domination much? I ask because I'm number 1 on the clan leader board for Domination on the PS4 by a huge margin and I never expected that.

So do you guys not really play Domination much? I ask because I'm number 1 on the clan leader board for Domination on the PS4 by a huge margin and I never expected that.

I play a lot of ground war. I don't know if those stats update on the Domination leader board though.

BokehKing

Banned
Its really easy,
After wave 10 the fun begins

I completed solo and with a friend.
For some reason I can't even get passed wave 3, using the light enough suit (because I want to use assault rifles)

Which is odd because I can solo zombies (treyarch) a lot longer

BokehKing

Banned
I started off playing a lot of momentum/hard point /uplink

Just getting destroyed left and right
Recently I've been playing domination but I get pissed when I'm going for flags and team mates are right next to me but don't bother to help cap

I love Riot, it's probably my favorite map after Retreat for Domination (Detroit in third). It's got actual lanes like a classic COD map does, which makes it good by default.

Just noticed there was another patch yesterday and it had more "network optimizations."

Anybody notice a difference? I only played exo survival last night.

geordiemp

I haven't had less than a 4 bar ping in any game in a few days

They could of just made the pings bars look nicer - who knows.

The match making and high ping lobbies in his game are the worst it has ever been.

Saw this clip today (only 30 seconds) and the player must be having over half a second delay added to his hit regristration (lag compensation),

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qo...omment_id=z12ccxjrsyfcxfaus23qwp1awxm3cjs4v04

It appears to me that he is host and some people in lobby are say 500 ms horrible ping, so the lag comp algorithm is simply adding 1/2 a second before registering his actions in the game...

It is disgusting and SH / Acti should be ashamed.

People that do well in this game either have poor internet (non fibre or high ping) or you can throttle your connection.

I have started using conectify to make my connection worse...

I normally have 2 ms London server / 100 mb optical fibre connection

Conectify forces my NAT to 3 and makes it much worse as I put laptop in other part of house...

It works LOL. Not that I should have to do this to avoid getting host and have added delay to my bullets registering..

Cudder

I prestiged last night, and all of a sudden every match I'm getting medals that I've already earned like "Get 5 headshots with this weapon", "Get 100 kills with this weapon", "get 200, 300, 400, 500 kills with this weapon" etc..wtf

I prestiged last night, and all of a sudden every match I'm getting medals that I've already earned like "Get 5 headshots with this weapon", "Get 100 kills with this weapon", "get 200, 300, 400, 500 kills with this weapon" etc..wtf

Yeah, I posted about this a few days ago:

I just prestiged for the first time (PS4) and upon the next match (joined in progress) I jumped like 7 ranks for just getting a few kills. It would appear as though all of my challenges are borked, and I received a ton of experience points for them.

Here's a video showing all the ranks unlocked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHewfdBD3WY

This kinda sucks as I prefer to earn my unlocks/ranks.

Must be a glitch with their broke ass prestige.

I love Riot, it's probably my favorite map after Retreat for Domination (Detroit in third). It's got actual lanes like a classic COD map does, which makes it good by default.

Yeah, Riot's okay in my book so far (I reserve the right to totally turn on it after the first time I get spawn trapped, but mercifully it hasn't happened yet). The roofs command a lot of space--too much for any one player to patrol. I get a lot of kills by hanging around back areas of the map and picking folks off when their heads appear over the parapets. The jail yard seems like a dicey spawn area, but for whatever reason I rarely encounter enemies on that side. I like the hotspot room in the middle, and the connecting hallways.

Outside of Riot, I also like Detroit, Terrace, and Greenband in particular, which I think brings out some neat sides of the exo double-jump. Hopping the walls can be a great shortcut or ambush method. An ill-timed jump can leave you open to being popped from the 3 overlooking areas, but they're exposed too. It all combines to make the map strategy-conducive and reward well-timed risks.

I think Comeback's a garbage map--it's just a compact little donut, so no matter where you're located you're inevitably getting sandwiched between at least two enemies. It makes everyone regress towards 1:1 K/D. But Recovery's my worst map, by far. Not even sure I could articulate why. Something about it just doesn't work for me.

Most of the maps are good, not a fan of the Jungle map since it rewards camping sight-lines over anything else.

What does bug me in this game is the domination B points.. they are all meatgrinders.

Ambient80

So apparently I'm stuck at level 40. I've played several matches afterward and even had it tell me that I've hit 41, 42, 43... but any time I get back online the next day or whatever, I'm back down to level 40.

:(

MrBlonde

Anyone having issues on Xbox one? I just downloaded the update, it wouldn't sync my saved game file and MP took forever for me to get in a game, kept saying something about Xbox live server interruption? I got in one tdm game and now nothing is working again?

rcl66

Anyone having issues on Xbox one? I just downloaded the update, it wouldn't sync my saved game file and MP took forever for me to get in a game, kept saying something about Xbox live server something?

Yes I am unable to get past the "syncing data for call of duty: Aw" message. And on the dashboard it says it can't get my friends right now.

mbmonk

I am probably late to the party but I actually like Exo Hover in TDM. I find it fairly useful, especially on maps that have elevation changes like Terrace, Retreat, etc.

That horizon glitch with the area you can't shoot people in is the worst. It totally ruins uplink and its in rotation on the ranked playlist..

I have reported anyone who is cheating. The reputation system actually does work on X1. Bad rep players get isolated. Happened to a good friend of mine :)

kendrid

Banned

I just had this happen. I presitged and went from level 1 to level 12 in one round because every kill registered as '100 kills with assault rifle, 200, 1000, etc'. The 'awards' between rounds was so long it didn't finish before the next round started.

Ensoul

I was kicking ass over the weekend. I played last night and I sucked. Lag was awful on the ps4. Guys were warping all over the map and it took full clips to kill people. So frustrating.

I don't understand how people enjoy Exo Survival.
It sooooo boring compared to Ghost's survival.

After you get the Zombie round the whole thing feels pointless since there is absolutely no challenge until round 17+ so you flip the map and then it takes forever to get challenging again.

Me and a friend easily got past the 6th set and I just quit, there is no challenge there.

geordiemp

I don't understand how people enjoy Exo Survival.
It sooooo boring compared to Ghost's survival.

After you get the Zombie round the whole thing feels pointless since there is absolutely no challenge until round 17+ so you flip the map and then it takes forever to get challenging again.

Me and a friend easily got past the 6th set and I just quit, there is no challenge there.

Yes it looks shit -not played it but my son (11) was on for hours then he got bored.

keezy

I was kicking ass over the weekend. I played last night and I sucked. Lag was awful on the ps4. Guys were warping all over the map and it took full clips to kill people. So frustrating.

I'm on Xbone. It was fine this weekend and then they released our patch on Monday. Seems to be worse after that.

Top Bottom