• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Metfanant

idk what has happened to me, but basically since the last patch multiplayer is unplayable for me. Pre-patch my "ping" (as shown from the in game leaderboard screen) would fluctuate like wild (along with every player in the game), with almost everyone spending most of the time in the red...but i would never get disconnected.

the first night or so after the patch seemed good, but last night my ping was constantly full bars but i couldnt play a single game with out unbelievable lag...

the game will start out fine, but within minutes everything starts to chug, im skipping across the screen, warping through walls etc..usually i will then i will lose connection to the host, sometimes it would recover enough to finish the game, but its dreadful...i have not experienced anything like this in YEARS lol

PS4 version, wired connection...

Damn. I really enjoy the gameplay of this game but the lag makes it so unplayable. On the weekend mostly everything is good, but through the week I can hardly ever get through a single game.

Last night I was shooting at some guy who didn't even see me and had his back turned. Fired two whole clips and not a single hit marker showed up.

Damn. I really enjoy the gameplay of this game but the lag makes it so unplayable. On the weekend mostly everything is good, but through the week I can hardly ever get through a single game.

Last night I was shooting at some guy who didn't even see me and had his back turned. Fired two whole clips and not a single hit marker showed up.

AW has the worst online performance of any CoD. It's now simply broken. One team is always ahead and one behind. It's a coin toss and it takes the enjoyment out of it completely.

Turtle Power:

Primary: heavy shield, worn on back
Weapon: knife
exo ability: exo shield
Exo launcher: exo stim exo ability
Perks: Lightweight, flak jacket, cold-blooded, toughness, hard-wired

I play this on domination. Bounce onto the capture point with a shield on front and back and exo stim running and try to knife people. The first time I saw myself on the kill cam I couldn't stop laughing. I hate to say it but I actually have a higher kdr doing this than using ANY gun.

Adam Blue

I'm on Xbone. It was fine this weekend and then they released our patch on Monday. Seems to be worse after that.

I agree that it seems to have gotten worse. I couldn't even play last night at all, but that could have partly been Live in general.

Turtle Power:

Primary: heavy shield, worn on back
Weapon: knife
exo ability: exo shield
Exo launcher: exo stim exo ability
Perks: Lightweight, flak jacket, cold-blooded, toughness, hard-wired

I play this on domination. Bounce onto the capture point with a shield on front and back and exo stim running and try to knife people. The first time I saw myself on the kill cam I couldn't stop laughing. I hate to say it but I actually have a higher kdr doing this than using ANY gun.

That's almost identical to my "We can't cap B flag" class lol. I swap stim and hard wired for symtex to get people off the flag before I decend in my turtle.

anthym

Neo Member
Why do people care so much about KD? I pretty much only play momentum and not all, but most of my games are filled with people that are standing 5-10 feet away from the point just to get kills. Then I watch streams on twitch or live from playstation and these guys just constantly check the scoreboard every time they die.

I don't know about you guys but I play games like this to unwind. I'm not trying to be the best but I want to win. If that means I go 10-27 but have 10 caps, I'm going for it. I have way more fun that way than trying to go on kill streaks.

keezy

I agree that it seems to have gotten worse. I couldn't even play last night at all, but that could have partly been Live in general.

I just saw those announcements this morning about wacky stuff happening with Live last night. Hopefully that was the issue and it's resolved.

joecanada

I don't get it. I bought this game for simple, consistent fun. Nothing complicated.

But it has the worst spawning of all time, lag, and poor hit detection. I guess I may as well try some bf4 for a while, why are all fps a shitshow at launch?

cresto

So hows the lag and spawning since the latest patch? Any noticeable differences? Thinking about picking it up when it inevitably goes on sale down the line.

Spawning is as shit as ever from what I can tell

How would you suggest they fix the spawns? If you're playing TDM and similar modes, there's no set bases. Players are moving all over the place. The map designer likely designates spawn locations all over the map and when a player needs to spawn, it looks for a spawn furthest away any enemy players. I don't know how you can do anymore than that. Will you get shot in the back at times from an area you cleared? Yep. Can you solve that? I don't think it's possible.

eek5

How would you suggest they fix the spawns? If you're playing TDM and similar modes, there's no set bases. Players are moving all over the place. The map designer likely designates spawn locations all over the map and when a player needs to spawn, it looks for a spawn furthest away any enemy players. I don't know how you can do anymore than that. Will you get shot in the back at times from an area you cleared? Yep. Can you solve that? I don't think it's possible.

It definitely does NOT do this. LMAO.

Jblanks

The spawns are never going to be perfect in CoD especially now that there are exo suits. People can get across the map, in a 1/4 of the then they used to. It was a concequence they were going to get by putting in the exo suits. If you think the spawns are going to become perfect or close to it, then this is the wrong game.

I see no point in using anything other than the Bal. Lack of weapon variety and balance is probably going to cause me to get bored with this game sooner rather than later.

Jarrod38

How do you unlock weapon variants? Is it completely random?

I keep getting variants for the last SMG, I have 6 of em now.

I heard it was 300 kills per weapon then you get a different version of it but I think it's random at beast. SHG knows how it works but will not tell us.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
AW has the worst online performance of any CoD. It's now simply broken. One team is always ahead and one behind. It's a coin toss and it takes the enjoyment out of it completely.
I think I got my issues sorted with the config file fix. Worth a shot, at least.

On Demand

Banned
Any PS4 owners not use the exo abilities for fear of your left stick? There's no way i'm using my stick that way. I'm specifically talking about the move where you have to press L3 and move left or right. That's a disaster waiting to happen. I have the newer DS4's but still. We don't know how strong they are yet.

Anybody have any problems yet?

(This is fucking sad when you think about it)

ZeroCoin

Any PS4 owners not use the exo abilities for fear of your left stick?
Anybody have any problems yet?

No problems or worries about it with me. I'm alternating between a newer white ds4 and a launch ds4 that I've already replaced the sticks on my own. If you aren't going to use the exo moves (or sprint really) you might as well just stick to the classic playlists. Of course if you are doing that, some might argue there's no reason to play the game.

On Demand

Banned
No problems or worries about it with me. I'm alternating between a newer white ds4 and a launch ds4 that I've already replaced the sticks on my own. If you aren't going to use the exo moves (or sprint really) you might as well just stick to the classic playlists. Of course if you are doing that, some might argue there's no reason to play the game.

I haven't played the classic PL yet. I did a quick match since i'm still playing single player. That sounds like a good alternative. Or just only play HC S&D. That's my favorite mode anyway.

RS4-

Maybe I'm just going crazy but sprinting on console, push and hold L3 right? Wasn't a toggle?

For whatever reason, I played for 2 mins just now and I swear it was click to sprint, and not hold.

ZeroCoin

I haven't played the classic PL yet. I did a quick match since i'm still playing single player. That sounds like a good alternative. Or just only play HC S&D. That's my favorite mode anyway.

That was the complete opposite effect I was intending. My point was that I haven't seen any issue with the newer sticks. Even if something would go wrong with the sticks they are easily and cheaply replaced by anyone with a small screwdriver.

Still, play the game and enjoy it how you want.

joecanada

Maybe COD needs protected bases now like Battlefield?

Battlefield had the best idea with the AA guns but then they screwed it up by making them too weak, no range.

You put a gun placement in a place where it can protect your base but add natural features like corners, mountains, building to prevent it shooting across map.

It's so easy

This and as someone else pointed out, with exo you travel fast hence the maps are wayyyy too small

IISANDERII

Maybe COD needs protected bases now like Battlefield?
Killzone Shadow had base spawning that were protected with shields and turrets. Loved it and it was actually the only thing i liked about the game. Was so refreshing to never having to worry about enemies spawning behind you.

geordiemp

I threw in the towel today, its just too much and at almost prestige 2 end I am not enjoying this game.

I find myself shouting at the screen at some of the crap I see because I have good internet and some guy a 1000 miles way in the lobby (polish and Italian names and I am UK) seem to have all the time in the world.

If you have good internet (fibre and say 2 ms ping 100 mb like me) then your basically playing with your hands tied unless you can shoot others from behind.

This made me laugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4XfO6P0PXU&feature=player_embedded

Moving on, shame its the first COD in about 10 years I am abandoning, I tried really hard but the lag comp is so against me.

I tried conectify to create a hotspot for my laptop, put laptop other side of house to router, wifi router to PC....PC to Ps4, then all the way back again...

and I still got 5 ms ping to London and 6 up 15 down. I give up, I am not putting in dial up to be good at COD.

heir lag comp its like they prefer the custom of people with poor internet...strange, you would think they would be appeasing all the rabid cod fans who buy season passes every year...

Cavalier

Banned
Enjoyed the campaign. I can't wait until what Sledgehammer comes up with next. This has to be the most surprising game I've played so far this gen. I really didn't expect much from a COD game post IW break-up but Sledgehammer really knocked it out of the park. God damn.

Changing the 6/10 Campaign rating to 8.5/10.

Cudder

Killzone Shadow had base spawning that were protected with shields and turrets. Loved it and it was actually the only thing i liked about the game. Was so refreshing to never having to worry about enemies spawning behind you.

Killzone Shadow Fall had some serious spawn camping if you were facing a good team though. Still, it happened few and far between and it's still a way better solution that spawning in people's sights.

That's one way to do it. I could potentially understand random spawns in modes like TDM and KC. But when you have set objective modes like Domination, Momentum, CTF the game would be much better with set, protected spawns. I realize that the spawns do flip in Dom, but currently I actually prefer the Battlefield 4 version of Domination to CODs. It's basically a mini, quick Conquest.

Man, I really like this game. Shame that so many dont enjoy it in multiplayer.

I find the ranked playlist a lot better because its 4v4 and makes a much less hectic experience. The maps feel more manageable.

Idk if its because of less players also but the hit detection and lag stuff seem less noticeable.

I'm liking the multiplayer less and less the more I play it.

Have they mentioned a balance pass yet?

I wish they would nerf assaults and give everyone slightly more health.

Top Bottom