• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Amen. If it wasn't for that massive skull in the middle of the screen it wouldn't be so bad but dear god it's annoying

The skull is the worst part, most people don't seem to use the flashbang or exo disable slots.

Yeah, the skull is the most bothersome part about it, take it out and it would be a bit more tolerable at least.

Disable HUD and equipment, fine. But make it a global flashbang and disabling exo movement is going way too far.

I just dealt with a party actually using the flashbang today, and getting flashed every 30 seconds was not fun in the least( we got steamrolled). Sledgehammer needs to take a good look at this kill streak and rethink some of it's abilities.

Goddamn the Lag/Lag Comp in this game is incredible. It takes me at least a good 4-5 shots to down a person but it only takes a 1-2 for everyone else.

I want to like this game but the connections in this game is so awful.

Yep, I am absolutely sick of this shit. Fucking game is garbage in this state. Shame too cause when everything is running well it's really fun.

Magik

Yup, the lag compensation is ridiculous. Kind of frustrating, really. I've taken a break from it because of the lag comp. I won't be getting the season pass unless they fix this crap.

I don't think they'll be doing anything about it as the game is based on the BLOPS2 engine which still has lag comp issues as of now.

Why can't they get this non-sense fixed by now? 2-3 years of dev time and they still can't get lag comp to work correctly.

I think I’m going to trade this in soon. Multiplayer is a lot of fun but there are only 3 guns in this entire game that are viable for my playstyle. I’m bored of using them and thus bored of this game.

Jblanks

I think I’m going to trade this in soon. Multiplayer is a lot of fun but there are only 3 guns in this entire game that are viable for my playstyle. I’m bored of using them and thus bored of this game.

patience-yoda.jpg

I've managed to Diamond four assault rifles so far

Bal, AK, HBR and IMR

Only 2 to go and then royalty!

Just about to hit prestige 4 as well. I'm having a lot of fun with this game.

GenericUser

20 hours in or so, love the multiplayer, play it everyday. It plays so smooth with the new movement options, best cod since mw3 IMO.

Getting more used to the multiplayer and I'm finding it more enjoyable.

Everyone keeps saying that the issue is the BAL, but the real problem is the balancing of the blast suppressor. There is literally no reason not to use it because it has no counter. There should be a system like:

- parabolic mic negates silencers and blast suppressors
- hard wired negates parabolic mic

That way blast suppressor users have to choose between spending more points and being somewhat detectable.

BizzyBum

Got around to playing some of the multiplayer and I didn't know what I was expecting. It's Call of Duty.. with some added maneuverability. It's even more chaotic now which is fun but also leads to more frustrating deaths.

Not to start a shitstorm, but I prefer the gameplay of Titanfall way more. I know Titanfall is a completely different game with bigger maps, less players, and of course that whole Titan thing, but the maneuverability in Titanfall feels fun and effortless whereas in AW feels awkward.

Argonomic

I don't think they'll be doing anything about it as the game is based on the BLOPS2 engine which still has lag comp issues as of now.

Why can't they get this non-sense fixed by now? 2-3 years of dev time and they still can't get lag comp to work correctly.

That's not true. There are two flavors of cod engine now, both originating from cod4. The treyarch cod engine and the IW/Neversoft/SH/etc engine (which may diverge now that SH is developing independently).

Way back when, treyarch and IW had separate cod engines that had originated from cod1 (mixed with treyarch ps2 era tech on the console side). This divergence ended when treyarch dumped their tech and switched to cod4 tech for waw.

Perhaps if one cod engine gets far enough ahead we will see this happen again. In the long run I think we will either see three different engines or one engine.

IISANDERII

That's not true. There are two flavors of cod engine now, both originating from cod4. The treyarch cod engine and the IW/Neversoft/SH/etc engine (which may diverge now that SH is developing independently).

Way back when, treyarch and IW had separate cod engines that had originated from cod1 (mixed with treyarch ps2 era tech on the console side). This divergence ended when treyarch dumped their tech and switched to cod4 tech for waw.

Perhaps if one cod engine gets far enough ahead we will see this happen again. In the long run I think we will either see three different engines or one engine.
The Treyarch engine is shite, imo, compared to the MW2/3 engine anyway. Way more latency, hated it. Do you know if Treyarch are sticking with it?

The Treyarch engine is shite, imo, compared to the MW2/3 engine anyway. Way more latency, hated it. Do you know if Treyarch are sticking with it?

They are most likely sticking to theirs. BO2 is running off that same engine and the same problems still persist, but not as profound like in the older games.

Which is why the next CoD game will be a used copy for me. lol

Smokey

So for the Bal 27...I am trying to get Diamond..it says 5/7 camo challenges completed...what else am I missing? Royalty is locked and so is Diamond. Is Royalty what it is waiting on?

Jarrod38

The official CoD forums have to have the worst design I've ever seen for a major gaming site. How hard is it to pay for vBulletin. Just to find info on their site is a pain.

So for the Bal 27...I am trying to get Diamond..it says 5/7 camo challenges completed...what else am I missing? Royalty is locked and so is Diamond. Is Royalty what it is waiting on?

You probably need the 200 kills with no perks and then 150 with no attachments, or the other way around. I'm in the same boat

Smokey

You probably need the 200 kills with no perks and then 150 with no attachments, or the other way around. I'm in the same boat

i already have both. The only 2 remaining are Diamond and Royalty.

Royalty is complete all camo challenges for all weapons in this class...then diamond is complete all camo challenges for this weapon. So it seems to me that I have to get Royalty and then Diamond should unlock?

Yeah, the skull is the most bothersome part about it, take it out and it would be a bit more tolerable at least.

Amen. If it wasn't for that massive skull in the middle of the screen it wouldn't be so bad but dear god it's annoying

System Hack has succeeded in becoming the most annoying killstreak I've ever had to deal with; play a ground war match on the losing team, after a few minutes, it'll basically be up on your screen for most of the match.

..that's the point, it's supposed to be annoying and distracting! imagine if your enemy hacks into your exosuit. do you think they're going to have it display "Have a good day!" or do you think it's going to try to cripple you?

i already have both. The only 2 remaining are Diamond and Royalty.

Royalty is complete all camo challenges for all weapons in this class...then diamond is complete all camo challenges for this weapon. So it seems to me that I have to get Royalty and then Diamond should unlock?

It's a bug due to the changes in the camo challenges. My Bal had the diamond camo at 4/7 for ages. All I did was just play using the Bal and Iit will eventually unlock. Just get headshots, strafe kills, longshots etc and the challenges will complete themselves as you do it.

Hip Hop

System Hack has succeeded in becoming the most annoying killstreak I've ever had to deal with; play a ground war match on the losing team, after a few minutes, it'll basically be up on your screen for most of the match.

Agreed - which genius at sledgehammer thought this would be a good idea ?

uhhh, that's the point of the killstreak?

The jammer has always been a joke in past COD games. Now it has weight to it, as it should be.
If it's annoying to you, there's a perk for that.

uhhh, that's the point of the killstreak?

The jammer has always been a joke in past COD games. Now it has weight to it, as it should be.
If it's annoying to you, there's a perk for that.

It's a kill streak that's disproportionately effective for its point cost by a good deal, obnoxious to a point past my tolerance level, and it's cost effectiveness is leading to excessive spam. I can equip a perk to stop it sure, but the constant System Hacks being called in pretty much ensures I'd be tied to one perk, making the choices I can make with my loadouts( while still ensuring I'm going to have a good time) a bit more restricted. I don't think System Hack should be this effective at such a low point cost, and I think it could do with a nerf, or have it's point requirement increased.

Sid

Did not expect I would say this but the latest CoD's campaign takes a massive dump on the latest Killzone's campaign.

Finished the campaign a couple of days ago on veteran(the easiest veteran, no doubt about that). Really enjoyed it but in terms of story I still put the first Black Ops on top, still this was good as well. I doubt i'll play MP that much because I usually play COD games just for the campaign (silly me right?)but from what I played it's the standard COD fare except even faster than before. Exo seems fun but it's pretty boring when you're alone so in terms of horde modes I feel it has been done way better in other games, particularly Gears of War 3.

On Demand

Banned

IW had the best engine. The animations were more fluid and everything just felt natural in MW 1,2, and 3. You can really feel the difference with other COD engines.

Though i like that they're not the same. It keeps the games having they're own look and feel.

EDIT- I just noticed today in AW that smoke looks like shit. COD4 still has the most natural looking smoke grenades ever. In this game it looks like patches of 8bit animation. The fuck? All other COD's smoke animation look better than AW but none of them touch the IW engine. Ugh.

geordiemp

This thread has really died since the wave of November games came out.

some one ran a router analysis program while playing on XB1 in UK and found

1. There was no Dedicated server
2. Ping connections to the host varied from 10 to 370 ms

the 370 ms was a Spanish player connecting to guy in London...

370 ms ! My god, no wonder this game runs like crap if they allow such a difference in a p2p game.

If that Spanish player dash boosts round a corner he can start firing and you wont see him for 1/2 (HALF) a second.

Unbelievable...

Most people in EU notice this, and it is dying (or already dead)... who knows.

some one ran a router analysis program while playing on XB1 in UK and found

1. There was no Dedicated server
2. Ping connections to the host varied from 10 to 370 ms

the 370 ms was a Spanish player connecting to guy in London...

370 ms ! My god, no wonder this game runs like crap if they allow such a difference in a p2p game.

If that Spanish player dash boosts round a corner he can start firing and you wont see him for 1/2 (HALF) a second.

Unbelievable...

Most people in EU notice this, and it is dying (or already dead)... who knows.

Weird, i did some network analysis myself yesterday ( to verify some things other people were finding) and saw that I was connecting to the same IP addresses over and over. I assumed those addresses were dedicated servers, since others have claimed those addresses belongs to a company that indeed rents out servers( go to choopa.com to find out about them). I'm assuming the guy you're talking about isn't near any servers and got match up to a player host instead.

angelic

Banned
..that's the point, it's supposed to be annoying and distracting! imagine if your enemy hacks into your exosuit. do you think they're going to have it display "Have a good day!" or do you think it's going to try to cripple you?

Shoulda been a hack that reversed your team mates / enemy markers

geordiemp

Weird, i did some network analysis myself yesterday ( to verify some things other people were finding) and saw that I was connecting to the same IP addresses over and over. I assumed those addresses were dedicated servers, since others have claimed those addresses belongs to a company that indeed rents out servers( go to choopa.com to find out about them). I'm assuming the guy you're talking about isn't near any servers and got match up to a player host instead.

what system are you playing, the same guy got a dedicated server for GAMEPLAY on 360 from London.

Bear in mind there are fixed servers for match making that don't host the gameplay

what system are you playing, the same guy got a dedicated server for GAMEPLAY on 360 from London.

Bear in mind there are fixed servers for match making that don't host the gameplay

PS4. I'm aware that there are fixed servers for match making, but when I blocked those addresses in my firewall, it started putting me in player hosted matches. I can't say for sure that dedi's are up, but I am leading towards that being the case. Let me add though that I only have a basic understanding of this type of stuff, so I won't say anything definitively.

geordiemp

Maybe they have dedis on the moon....

I live in London Ps4 fibre connection, 2 ms ping to London and get to play with Spanish and Italians and get laggy games...

Who knows, or cares for that matter...How SH get a stable playing multiplayer is up to them...but its poor at the moment

Maybe they have dedis on the moon....

I live in London Ps4 fibre connection, 2 ms ping to London and get to play with Spanish and Italians and get laggy games...

Who knows, or cares for that matter...How SH get a stable playing multiplayer is up to them...but its poor at the moment

I dunno, the tests answered some questions for me and left me a bit confused too. One thing that blew my mind, is that the player hosted matches actually felt better to me. So I can't even say what the issue is anymore, all I know is there is one and I hope it gets sorted soon.

popeutlal

I've noticed that I'm not rage quitting in this game, unlike the previous games. Even if I'm doing terribly...I stick with the match.

-TK-

I can play happily against any other players from Europe, but if I see any italian players, I just change a lobby, because they just lag so badly almost always. I would rather play against players from other continents than italians. Maybe they just have a pretty poor connections overall.

UK, Germany, Norway, Denmark, Ireland, Sweden and Finland are top tiers countries to play against. If I find a lobby with players somewhere from these countries, I always stay.

Then Netherlands, Austria and maybe Poland, which are pretty good too.

Portugal, Spain, France are usually pretty bad.. especially players from France has usually a bad connections.

Bottom tier: Italy.

IISANDERII

Tried Classical Mode last night. Was very fun, felt like a better COD and the maps were actually maps instead of just an open space with obstacles everywhere. Feels like many of the maps were designed to be played this way and not with exo things.

I definitely feel the hit detection/latency/lag comp/whatever is a step back from Ghost. Anyway, fun times last night but I wish my teammates weren't complete dicks though, listening to them prattle on drives me up the wall.

I'd be interested to see how many people are playing this come the end of the year.

This is the first CoD I've got rid of before prestiging even once. Perhaps I was spoilt by how good Titanfall was but this latest version of CoD did nothing for me. It felt so slow and laboursome travelling around the maps compared to Titanfall. All the guns sounded the same and the sound mix in general just made the MP sound 'empty'

When I traded it in at the store in town, the cashier at the desk told me they'd had a lot of people trading in the game already which they were surprised at.

Does the game still have figures in the pre game lobbies telling you how many people are playing online?

eek5

Tried Classical Mode last night. Was very fun, felt like a better COD and the maps were actually maps instead of just an open space with obstacles everywhere. Feels like many of the maps were designed to be played this way and not with exo things.

I'm surprised you feel this way. I played like 10 games of classic and the maps are garbage in this mode IMO. There are a lot of mantle spots that aren't accessible or are barely accessible. Some 3 lane maps become 2 lane in one direction but 3 lanes in the other direction which makes it really unbalanced for OBJ game modes.

NYR

This thread has really died since the wave of November games came out.
4 obvious reasons (or at least why I am playing less):

1. Skill based matchmaking. Everyone is near a 1.00 or below KD. No one likes to play a game they don't feel they can perform well in.

2. Kill streaks are hard to get and when you do get them they suck due to perk setups. Blind eye available right off the top is stupid.

3. Guns balance or lack thereof. Bal patch might Change that, but all guns except assault rifles are pretty much useless.

4. Lots of other games are out now. Tis the season.

AW is not a bad game. It's not a great game. But it is a good game. Disappointed in MP.

I'm not a huge CoD fan, in fact, this is the first one I've played since the original MW and I have to say I dig it.

I picked it up as my free game back at the B2G1 from Target and I tossed it away until I was done with Mordor and MCC, but since this last one is a matchmaking disgrace I gave this a shot and oh my, I'm having a blast even if I know shit about perks, killstreaks and stuff.

3. Guns balance or lack thereof. Bal patch might Change that, but all guns except assault rifles are pretty much useless.

Agreed - First COD I've played where if i don't pick an assault rifle I am going to get my arse handed to me. Take me back to COD 4 and the G3. Please.

I don't know. It feels like the smgs and lasers are buffed and the xmgs are now amazing for holding down points.

They just need to buff the shotguns, payetek, secondaries, ARX, and MK14.

Top Bottom