• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

I would rather stick my dick in a bagel slicer than play this steaming pile of shit of a game right now.

Every fucking person uses BALs. It isn't fun. The spawns are shit, the weapon balance is shit and the community at large is shit as usual.

I don't get this TTK thing going down every title. I don't want to die within .3 seconds of being shot at. This shit needs to stop and the spawns and BAL need to be fixed.

Again, guys..

TDM in call of duty has become the mode that the most casual players play most of the time.therefore the designers have turned it into a hyper casual, brainless lag compensated mess with revenge spanws and impossible to defend situations and low time to kill.

Its so that Joe blow redneck who bought the game as his only game for the year until the next call of duty can feel good while playing because he shot someone in the back due to a revenge spawn once in a while between getting destroyed by other more competent players.

Its been going this direction since black ops 1(which I absolutely love and only had signs of this game design in maps like nuketown. I got plenty of chopper gunners in bo1), really. TDM is the brainless slot machine for the masses and if you play it exclusively and hate this game you only have yourself to blame.

Search and destroy, search and rescue, Ctf, hard point, momentum, the ranked modes, and hardcore modes have more thoughtful design and less chaos. It also allows for shitty brain dead players to get ruined, especially in no respawn modes like s&d.

Its really telling that most people will only use one or two low level scorestreaks in aw. Its because you will almost NEVER get the kind of points to get anything past system hack or the group airstrike.

Mr_eX

This is the first time I've actually liked a Call of Duty's multiplayer. I've mostly been playing Domination and Hardpoint.

I think I'm reaching my end point with this game. I've been playing almost exclusively classic because I hate the Exo shit, and while it does help the gameplay, the map design and spawn points are just terrible. The maps are way too open and random. If I had to guess I'd say 90% of my deaths are from behind, probably from the shitty respawns. There is no place on the map where you feel you can settle and catch your breath. You see someone off in the distance and decide to crouch and try to pick them off and before you can even ADS you get shot or melee'd from behind. I will occasionally watch some streams of people on Twitch and it seems like the only way to play is just to constantly run around with a chicken with your head cut off, constantly just circling back and hoping you will get the first shot against the enemies you will eventually run into along the way. Just constant run and gun. I don't want to have to play that way. I guess some people are enjoying the chaotic style gameplay but that's not for me. Thinking I might trade this in in the next week or so.

eek5

I think I'm reaching my end point with this game. I've been playing almost exclusively classic because I hate the Exo shit, and while it does help the gameplay, the map design and spawn points are just terrible. The maps are way too open and random. If I had to guess I'd say 90% of my deaths are from behind, probably from the shitty respawns. There is no place on the map where you feel you can settle and catch your breath. You see someone off in the distance and decide to crouch and try to pick them off and before you can even ADS you get shot or melee'd from behind. I will occasionally watch some streams of people on Twitch and it seems like the only way to play is just to constantly run around with a chicken with your head cut off, constantly just circling back and hoping you will get the first shot against the enemies you will eventually run into along the way. Just constant run and gun. I don't want to have to play that way. I guess some people are enjoying the chaotic style gameplay but that's not for me. Thinking I might trade this in in the next week or so.

Meh. Decided to start camping today. What I do is I just camp where I spawn. If I die I'll respawn and camp that area. Consistently leading my team in kills in TDM because of how fast everything goes. Someone will get to you eventually if you're on a spawn point whether it's spawning in your sights or around the corner from you.

Fucking shitty gameplay but the results speak for themselves.

This is in regular game modes btw. I rarely use exo outside of having to move around. I just stay on foot and blast people from head glitches and shit.

You can slow the game down if you want but whether or not you'd enjoy it is up to you. I didn't find it fun at all as the "patrol" areas are a lot smaller in AW due to bad spawn logic. IF you patrol too big you'll get spawned behind really fast.

Meh. Decided to start camping today. What I do is I just camp where I spawn. If I die I'll respawn and camp that area. Consistently leading my team in kills in TDM because of how fast everything goes. Someone will get to you eventually if you're on a spawn point whether it's spawning in your sights or around the corner from you.

Fucking shitty gameplay but the results speak for themselves.

This is in regular game modes btw. I rarely use exo outside of having to move around. I just stay on foot and blast people from head glitches and shit.

You can slow the game down if you want but whether or not you'd enjoy it is up to you. I didn't find it fun at all as the "patrol" areas are a lot smaller in AW due to bad spawn logic. IF you patrol too big you'll get spawned behind really fast.

Yeah I guess you could do that but, I mean, really how much fun are you having? Seems like it'd get old quick.

Cloudy

Banned
How is the campaign for this? I honestly really like Call of Duty campaigns and was really considering grabbing this since MCC is so broken.

Finished it just now. Pretty good but kind of ended abruptly. First COD campaign I actually cared to finish. AW2 coming next year for sure

PS: Gideon is a complete badass

Pachimari

I just hope this game will turn out good. Just got it as a present and I enjoyed Team Deathmatch. But I see I should play other modes?

Capture the Flag and Search & Destroy it is?

Toa TAK

Banned
Finished it just now. Pretty good but kind of ended abruptly. First COD campaign I actually cared to finish. AW2 coming next year for sure

PS: Gideon is a complete badass
I cannot get over how it ended. Just like that... After how well everything else is done in the campaign.

Pachimari

Yeah. We'll probably get Black Ops 3 next year. And then a new titled CoD from Infinity Ward in 2016 before we get Advanced Warfare 2 in 2017.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Yeah. We'll probably get Black Ops 3 next year. And then a new titled CoD from Infinity Ward in 2016 before we get Advanced Warfare 2 in 2017.

unless they plan on dropping that storyline completely (campaign ended on a cliffhanger)...2016 will effectively be Ghosts 2. possibly rebranded though

Ghazi

I hope they sell it separately, bought the game yesterday and somehow found more fun in the broken MCC. Would rather not have to buy the whole season pass for it. I had some good fun with BO2, too.

test_account

XP-39C²
I still can't believe zombies is dlc now, so scummy.
The game has "zombies". Its called 'Exo Survival'. Its basically the same mode that Modern Warfare 3 has, where there are waves of human enemies instead of zombies. The concept is pretty much the same. You can argue that zombies in Black Ops 2 is a bit deeper than just waves of enemies, and that is true, but when zombies gets added as DLC to Advanced Warfare, i'm pretty sure that its 'Exo Survival' with zombie enemies instead of human enemies, so nothing is really removed or added in that sense. I mean, its not like some deeper Black Ops 2-like zombie mode is the DLC for Advanced Warfare, at least i'm not under that impression.

What a bunch of shit. Just played through the whole thing on veteran and no trophy. I care less about the trophy for myself than I do that others would acknowledge my pain.

Naar

Im really getting frustrated with exo survival :\

- very rarely do people go for objectives. So we end up dieing in 4 or 5 rounds from the negative bonus

- people rarely revive others

- no one readies up. we just wait 45 seconds for no reason

Most of my games end in 5 or 6 rounds. I played with others and got to round 36 and guess what?! people were doing objectives and helping others out

and before you say play with friends. I have no friends to play with CoD :\

EDIT: LOL as soon as i type this i join a group that does objectives and revives :D

SeanR1221

Finished the single player last night. It seemed shorter than the other CoD campaigns, but maybe thats in my imagination.

It was a fun ride, and the face rendering is REALLY good. I just wish the lip synching matched up.

Im really getting frustrated with exo survival :

- very rarely do people go for objectives. So we end up dieing in 4 or 5 rounds from the negative bonus

- people rarely revive others

- no one readies up. we just wait 45 seconds for no reason

Most of my games end in 5 or 6 rounds. I played with others and got to round 36 and guess what?! people were doing objectives and helping others out

and before you say play with friends. I have no friends to play with CoD :

EDIT: LOL as soon as i type this i join a group that does objectives and revives :D

I played it nonstop for a week and I haven't gone back. It's fun, but I feel like it needs a balance patch. For one thing, you can't upgrade your armor until level 10, and on pub servers shit is already spiraling out of control by then.

Can't seem to make my way back into this game. Maybe I'll play again during the Christmas break, but I just wasn't having much fun while playing it. Just knowing you are going to die from behind any second kind of kills it for me.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Exo is great when everyone is on the same page but that can be difficult to get when you're playing with randoms. I rarely ready-up and that time is useful to get your exo upgraded and refill ammo and to get ready for the next wave.

purg3

slept with Malkin

Totally agree with what you said. I tried going to classic and it wasn't feeling it either. It's a shame too because I really enjoyed it at first, but once the faults start creeping through, it becomes a hard game to like. I ended up selling mine and got GTA V.

Hacking on PC is kind of funny. The community is small so you end up seeing the same guys over and over again.

Reports in game seem to do nothing so I decided to record stevethehero and send it to support. Incidently, Mr.Dew on that team is hacking as well.

Insane that there feels like little to no response from devs/support on this issue. Next COD purchase, if I make it, will be on Xbox.

If there are weapons exclusive only to one console, go fuck yourself Sledgehammer. Fuck you so hard...

I will say, probably my favorite weapon in the game is the ASM1. Can turn a meh game into a good or great one. Combine it with Gung-ho and Scavenger and you can keep chugging.

Anyone else also enjoying the EPM3?

Top Bottom