• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Game needs dedi's ASAP, too frustrating putting more bullets into someone than is needed (as in, firing 3-5 more bullets more that don't actually hit the guy because he died). I killed a guy using my last bullet once, he died about a second after the hit.

I bought the game after reading the reviews, finished it, played two multiplayer games and I've never touched it again. It's not even particularly bad like Ghosts. I just can't even care about it.

Every goddamn year I swear I'll stop buying CoD. Every year I do it anyway and regret it not even a week later :|

test_account

XP-39C²
Multiplayer has freezed many times on me lately. It seems to be completely random. Its just the game that freezes, i can exit to the PS4 OS with no problem. If i go into the game again, it just shows that freezed frame where the game stopped. Is this a known issue?

I bought the game after reading the reviews, finished it, played two multiplayer games and I've never touched it again. It's not even particularly bad like Ghosts. I just can't even care about it.

Every goddamn year I swear I'll stop buying CoD. Every year I do it anyway and regret it not even a week later :|

I honestly can't even take this opinion seriously. The multiplayer and zombies are the actual reason to play these games, but sure, just play the lame campaign (just like every COD game) and dismiss it all. I think anyone who spends time with the objective based multi modes, like domination and search and destroy will find a pretty amazing game.

NHale

I honestly can't even take this opinion seriously. The multiplayer and zombies are the actual reason to play these games, but sure, just play the lame campaign (just like every COD game) and dismiss it all. I think anyone who spends time with the objective based multi modes, like domination and search and destroy will find a pretty amazing game.

I actually don't like Domination in this game because the game has no map control whatsoever due to the exo movement. Domination was always my favourite mode in COD and even COD MW2 with the constant air streaks was better than COD AW domination.

I found that besides the exo movement allowing you to "flip" the map easily, map design is not suited for Domination because most B flags are complete meat grinders. Trying to capture one of them from a smart team is an exercise in frustration because you will end up dead 9 times out of 10 even if you took a smart approach to the flag.

I actually don't like Domination in this game because the game has no map control whatsoever due to the exo movement. Domination was always my favourite mode in COD and even COD MW2 with the constant air streaks was better than COD AW domination.

I found that besides the exo movement allowing you to "flip" the map easily, map design is not suited for Domination because most B flags are complete meat grinders. Trying to capture one of them from a smart team is an exercise in frustration because you will end up dead 9 times out of 10 even if you took a smart approach to the flag.

I can take that opinion seriously because it sounds like you actually played it.

Sigh... Why do i need to download a full game then install and play singld player only to find it needs to install it all again... How long does that take it stays on the left site rather long.. :/

Ps4 btw

This is probably the fastest cod i stopped playing, it's even worse than ghost.

There is no tactics involved what so ever, it's just random BS all the way and getting shot in the back.
There is no gun balance and the maps are way to small for the exo BS.

You have to wonder why they didn't put in the amount of people playing this game in this year.
Well i guess there is only 1 good cod dev.. treyarch save us from this monstrosity!

IISANDERII

Anybody got the Class Warfare trophy? [Play 30 minutes with each class online in Exo Survival]

I swear I've done much more than 30min with each but still no trophy.

edit: Got it, thanks for help

Cudder

The campaign is the best thing about Advanced Warfare.

What is wrong with the online mode today (as if it didn't have enough problems already). I've been kicked off a match and then had the game freeze in the space of 3 matches. No stats/challenges recorded from either

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist

There is no tactics involved what so ever, it's just random BS all the way and getting shot in the back.

You have to wonder why they didn't put in the amount of people playing this game in this year.
Well i guess there is only 1 good cod dev.. treyarch save us from this monstrosity!
If you're playing against skilled opponents you have to have someone watching your back in TDM at all times. Lone wolfing just doesn't work in those situations. You will be gunned down in a crossfire or shot in the back because there are no map chokepoints to control enemy movement or positioning. So you move as a group, don't bunch up, pie off corners and doors, and don't all look in the same direction. There's your tactics. I played against a clan doing this and they completely wrecked shop.

The gun balance is pretty bad though. The shotguns and semi-auto assault rifles are completely useless, and the assault rifles are too good at hip firing. SMGs are too situational. So everyone has a full auto assault rifle or a laser gun as a primary.

I almost feel like saying that if you love CoD then you will hate AW, and vice versa.

Smokey

Is anybody using an external HDD on X1 with this game installed to it?

I have a 3TB WD MyBook. I've noticed performance degradation when the game is running off of the MyBook vs internal. I've put in 70 something hours in MP so I can definitely tell when something isn't "right". On the external the controls feel a bit more floaty and not as responsive. Sometimes I have to keep backing out when it tries to connect to XBL and trying again. I moved the AW files to the internal earlier today and these issues went away. A few minutes ago I moved it back to the external and they showed up again.

Has anybody else had a similar experience?

maneil99

I have a 3TB WD MyBook. I've noticed performance degradation when the game is running off of the MyBook vs internal. I've put in 70 something hours in MP so I can definitely tell when something isn't "right". On the external the controls feel a bit more floaty and not as responsive. Sometimes I have to keep backing out when it tries to connect to XBL and trying again. I moved the AW files to the internal earlier today and these issues went away. A few minutes ago I moved it back to the external and they showed up again.

I can definitely see why a external HDD would have issues

Hubble

I have the complete opposite opinion. Are we playing the same game, I thought the game was gonna suck but it's really good. The maps for competetive gameplay with teams is the best I've seen in a longtime on Hardcore Search and Destroy for any shooter in recent memory. The guns are really balanced and a lot of people use different ones. I don't see an uber weapon. The exo suit I thought was going to be lame for being a jet pack. It's mechanics are very well made and very unique, but not overpowering. You will get shot easily if you use it a lot.

RedAssedApe

Banned
I will have to say that the bal is a really great starting weapon. It made the decision to prestige a lot easier since it and the ak are unlocked from the start. I don't even know what I want to keep when I prestige.

I was never a fan of zombies. I always preferred Spec Ops and the removal from it this year really made it easier trading it in after getting bored of the MP.

I'd much rather play Titanfall Delux Edition, which is currently only £15 here in the UK and the best FPS on these new consoles. :)

I've encountered another glitch but a good one. I have completed camos on 4 out of the 6 assault rifles but last night I picked up someone weapon and killed a couple of people. Challenges popped up being completed which was weird because I picked up a bal which is what I was using before. I was given a new loadout for mastering all of the AR camos and royalty is unlocked on them even though I have 2 guns yet to do.

What is wrong with the online mode today (as if it didn't have enough problems already). I've been kicked off a match and then had the game freeze in the space of 3 matches. No stats/challenges recorded from either

Got another freeze/crash again today, an hour in to online mode. It never crashes and wipes my stats when I'm doing badly!

I will have to say that the bal is a really great starting weapon. It made the decision to prestige a lot easier since it and the ak are unlocked from the start. I don't even know what I want to keep when I prestige.

I took exo ping, but I wish I took gung ho because I always use it and it takes forever to unlock.

so i'm up to around level 23 i think, but what are some good setups? i've been running with the starting weapons, mainly bal which seems pretty good.

Brooks2304

Neo Member

Does it do this with any other game?

Smokey

Does it do this with any other game?

Not that I can tell. I go back and forth between AW and MCC and I don't notice it on MCC.

Also: Is camo unlocking glitched? I just got Dimaond for KF5 despite having 5 camos locked, or should you only go by what it says in the challenge area? Even there I still have 2-3 remaining lol

Not that I can tell. I go back and forth between AW and MCC and I don't notice it on MCC.

Also: Is camo unlocking glitched? I just got Dimaond for KF5 despite having 5 camos locked, or should you only go by what it says in the challenge area? Even there I still have 2-3 remaining lol

Yes camos are glitched. I have 2 rifles to do but it gave me the royalty camos for them.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
The mp feels like black op's re-skinned with exosuits .

Not bad just not mw level. which were the goat mp games of last gen imo.

I say skip this installment if you a mw fan but hated the black ops series.

jediyoshi

That's a hell of an analysis saying a visual aesthetic weighs less heavily than the addition of exo movement. May as well say sprinting is an irrelevant mechanic in the grand scheme of things as well.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
That's a hell of an analysis saying a visual aesthetic weighs less heavily than the addition of exo movement. May as well say sprinting is an irrelevant mechanic in the grand scheme of things as well.

Not just visually. I used the world feel as all encompassing. I mean the weight of the movement, the way guns handle, etc. It feels like Treyarch designed the mp and added exosuit functionality.

Warablo

I think I am gonna cry. So I have been playing Exo lately for the zombie skins. Well in a random public session we went 25 twice and on our way to a third.. We were on like the 12th round 3rd flip. When all of sudden it lagged and connection to host was lost. All progress was lost. So none of those waves counted, plus it doesn't say its my highest round completed.

I wanted to die because I was afraid this would happen. Also I didn't know if I should have left the game the split second I saw it lag.

That was like all of my tier 2 waves (for zombie unlocks) almost in one sitting. I am not sure how long that took either, but I stayed up all night doing it.

I got two achievements though for flipping the map then flipping it again.

Is the patch out?

I've just turned on my Xbox and I had a notification saying COD had been updated.

Edit: Ignore me, it was a notification from last night for a game invite. No patch yet.

RedAssedApe

Banned
what's the new patch supposed to do? hopefully some weapon buffs for the shit tier guns which is basically like 75% of them lol

It definitely has a lot of things Black Ops 2 had:
- perk system
- sound engine
- plastic look and close range field of view
- low headshot multipliers
- 4HK SMGs (in fact it has the low TTK in general of BO2)
- distinct damage dropoffs instead of damage slopes
- constant idle sway

I hope Sledghammer has room to rework their perks significantly. Peripherals + Hardwired should have been the Hardwired perk with Blast Suppressor and Peripherals working like dead silence and amplify but for exo movement sounds only.

When the host lags out but you can still run around for a bit -

209660_2014-12-01_00079zay.png

BizzyBum

This has to be one of the more frustrating CoD's (or even FPS') I've played for multiplayer.

I just can't seem to stay consistent. My K/D is like 1.20 and I usually go positive but even so I constantly get killed from behind, shoddy hit detection, lag, dreadful spawns, etc. I feel like there's just no strategy involved due to the exo suits and spawn placement.

One of the things that drives me up the wall is I could be staring at a corridor for a minute with no activity whatsoever and literally the second I turn around I get shot from that direction. Obviously not the game's fault but this happens in this game more then any other I have played and it's so rage inducing. lol

Nome

I think I am gonna cry. So I have been playing Exo lately for the zombie skins. Well in a random public session we went 25 twice and on our way to a third.. We were on like the 12th round 3rd flip. When all of sudden it lagged and connection to host was lost. All progress was lost. So none of those waves counted, plus it doesn't say its my highest round completed.

I wanted to die because I was afraid this would happen. Also I didn't know if I should have left the game the split second I saw it lag.

That was like all of my tier 2 waves (for zombie unlocks) almost in one sitting. I am not sure how long that took either, but I stayed up all night doing it.

I got two achievements though for flipping the map then flipping it again.
Easier to do it solo TBH :X

First Ghosts, and then just when you thought it couldn't get any worse - AW. I'm fucking done with Call of Duty. Unless there is a COD 4 remaster.

RedAssedApe

Banned
This has to be one of the more frustrating CoD's (or even FPS') I've played for multiplayer.

I just can't seem to stay consistent. My K/D is like 1.20 and I usually go positive but even so I constantly get killed from behind, shoddy hit detection, lag, dreadful spawns, etc. I feel like there's just no strategy involved due to the exo suits and spawn placement.

One of the things that drives me up the wall is I could be staring at a corridor for a minute with no activity whatsoever and literally the second I turn around I get shot from that direction. Obviously not the game's fault but this happens in this game more then any other I have played and it's so rage inducing. lol

The "turtle" build someone suggested earlier in the thread sort of helps with that. Equip the wildcard that allows you to equip a second primary weapon and pick the heavy shield. lol I had to give up exo ability and nades but that wasn't a big loss to me. I may or may not continue to run this.

GeeDuhb

I find the same thing happening to myself. I really think it all has to do with the way connections happen in the game. Watching my killcams, there seems to be such such a range in the lag compensation, even from match to match. More than I have really ever experienced in a CoD game. I still am enjoying the game, but I get frustrated when I seem to go into a few game stretch where I can't get a kill in a gun battle to save my life, yet every killcam seems to have me not even getting off a shot when in reality, I should have killed them, according to my view.

First Ghosts, and then just when you thought it couldn't get any worse - AW. I'm fucking done with Call of Duty. Unless there is a COD 4 remaster.

I don't think there is ANY way you can legitimately argue that this game is worse than Ghosts. No way. I think more than the actual game having issues, it has to do with the netcode turning making for bad online experiences. I think the core game is great though, personally.

Top Bottom