• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Magik

Goddamn the Lag/Lag Comp in this game is incredible. It takes me at least a good 4-5 shots to down a person but it only takes a 1-2 for everyone else.

I want to like this game but the connections in this game is so awful.

IISANDERII

I'm liking the multiplayer less and less the more I play it.

Have they mentioned a balance pass yet?

I wish they would nerf assaults and give everyone slightly more health.
nYwjyli.gif

judo1.gif

Ellite25

Ok maybe I'm an idiot, but im trying to do the grenade range in the campaign and for the life of me I cannot figure out what to do when the red grenade logo thing is moving back and forth on top of the building. Help?

Ensoul

I have no idea what happened since the weekend with the ps4 version but now it is unplayable for me. I played about 6 games last night and I was negative all but one.

It's at the point where I can only kill someone if I shoot them from behind or from the side because I lose every single one on one fight now.

th4tguy

Ok maybe I'm an idiot, but im trying to do the grenade range in the campaign and for the life of me I cannot figure out what to do when the red grenade logo thing is moving back and forth on top of the building. Help?
Throw a regular grenade (r1) and keep your reticle pointed at the target.

th4tguy

I had to play through the campaign three times to get the trophy to pop. Finally finished it yesterday. Now looking at my exosuit upgrades, I need 5 more points but all of the challenges are already complete. Looks like I'll have to play through one more time to get that trophy.... Game is buggy

I like this game, but I'm reaching my saturation point for COD much quicker than years before. Thankfully I have BF4 Final Stand and Dragon Age to purge myself with. I'll probably be playing this again in February. Hopefully the weapons will be balanced by then.

purg3

slept with Malkin
I'm liking the multiplayer less and less the more I play it.

Have they mentioned a balance pass yet?

I wish they would nerf assaults and give everyone slightly more health.

I'm in the same boat. Got to 50, didn't prestige, and I've all about lost interest in continuing to play this game in it's current state. I really want to like this too because I love some of the ideas, but it's not enough for me.

th4tguy

Looks like a patch was just released for the game and it has completely Broken it. Can't change loadouts, MP matches are failing to joing, and it's hard locking systems.

Support is warning people not to download it.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Looks like a patch was just released for the game and it has completely Broken it. Can't change loadouts, MP matches are failing to joing, and it's hard locking systems.

they want to compete with MCC. beat the campaign first.

I've just checked for a downloaf on PS4 and I have the latest version apparently. Is this for PC or last gen systems?

Don't download? So they won't even be able to fix it?

Hip Hop

I assume last gen version?

That seemed to be where the problem is.

BokehKing

Banned
So i'm selling my Xbox 1....just not a fan of it...whatever whatever

anyway...I've been the one accepting people into the X1 NeoGaf clan, is there anyone who would like to take over those responsibilities on X1

It's really quite simple, you download the app, and when you get requests you hit the approve button.

Let me know, if you're already in the clan and want these responsibilities, just let me know your GT and i'll hook you up with the power

Easy to see why the PC community is so dead... This game has some of the worst hackers I've ever seen. I was just in a game where the hacker changed everyone's name to "LuvDick," threw us all into the air so we were walking around in an invisible box way above the level, and we couldn't kill each other. It's silly but makes the game boring as fuck to play.

It's a shame, because I think the multiplayer is the best it has been in a while. They just gotta stop with this P2P horseshit and stop being so damn amateur with their hacker protection.

I'm on the PC and for some reason, every time I try to play Defender, it fails connection. Every. Single. Time.

Same for me, Defender straight up won't load ever.

However, I'm finding that it's pot luck whether any game will load - about half the time the game will try and load, but give up after 3 or 4 minutes and take me back to the lobby.

At least it alt - tab's well, so I can browse Gaf as I wait for the loading screen.

Are servers down for anyone else? I'm on east coast, playing PS4 version. I receice following message:

ERROR
"The call of duty advanced warfare service is not available at this time. Please try again later."

RedAssedApe

Banned
Are servers down for anyone else? I'm on east cost, playing PS4 version. I receice following message:

ERROR
"The call of duty advanced warfare service is not available at this time. Please try again later."

i've seen this occasionally since launch. probably just temporary

Prozel

Not gonna start a flamewar but I have both next gen consoles, which version should i aim for? Controllers and friends are not factors, I'm thinking frame rate and resolution wise.

Nizz

Welp, just put this game up for trade on Amazon. Just can't play this shit anymore. I'm tired of getting shot in the back, I'm tired of the person I just shot spawning behind or somewhere else close and killing me. I thought with the new exo movement it would invigorate (for me) the MP.

But with the maps' added verticality plus still being in someone else's line of sight and not feeling like I have a chance to fight back with the TTK being so fast. I'm just done. I don't even feel compelled to finish the SP campaign. What I did play was ok but it just wasn't grabbing me like I thought it would.

It sucks since I was looking for an FPS game with a more sci-fi slant to it on PS4 (didn't like Destiny) after feeling a little burned out on Battlefield 4. But it looks like I may just stick to BF4 as my MP FPS game of choice.

vesvci

Banned
Goddamn the Lag/Lag Comp in this game is incredible. It takes me at least a good 4-5 shots to down a person but it only takes a 1-2 for everyone else.

I want to like this game but the connections in this game is so awful.

Yup, the lag compensation is ridiculous. Kind of frustrating, really. I've taken a break from it because of the lag comp. I won't be getting the season pass unless they fix this crap.

RedAssedApe

Banned
so umm when you pull up your friends list, what is the function of join game in the cod menus?

i assumed it would just allow you to join your friends lobby but the freaking option is always greyed out. any time i want to join my friends lobby he needs to send me an invite or if he's already in a game i need to look at his profile and select join session.

am i missing some privacy option or does "join game" not really do what i assumed it would do?

System Hack has succeeded in becoming the most annoying killstreak I've ever had to deal with; play a ground war match on the losing team, after a few minutes, it'll basically be up on your screen for most of the match.

System Hack has succeeded in becoming the most annoying killstreak I've ever had to deal with; play a ground war match on the losing team, after a few minutes, it'll basically be up on your screen for most of the match.

Amen. If it wasn't for that massive skull in the middle of the screen it wouldn't be so bad but dear god it's annoying

The skull is the worst part, most people don't seem to use the flashbang or exo disable slots.

Disable HUD and equipment, fine. But make it a global flashbang and disabling exo movement is going way too far.

Pics_nao

Played a ton of games today and I regret buying it. The game is fun but it being the CoD with the most mobility and a good chunk of peoe camping just pisses me off. Lag/lag comp is fucking awful even on a wired Fios connection. Then there's the out of memory bullshit.

Top Bottom